So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options

Replies

• melonheadPHX
    Options
    I don't think you ever do.

Anyone who loses a significant amount of weight and wants to keep it off needs support & encouragement to do so. Ok, you might get to the stage where you are exercising regularly and/or have your diet sussed, but like anyone else with an addiction - and while this may not apply to everyone on MFP, I do believe the majority of us on here, certainly those of us who have yo-yo'd and struggled with our weight maintenance, have addictive personalities and issues with eating habits - we need our sponsors, our friends in similar situations who have been there, done that, and who understand us better than our nearest and dearest who may never have had such issues with food and weight-gain in their lives.

I know a few of my MFPeeps have reached goal and are no longer logging regularly, but I'm sure they'll pop back from time to time to check in and keep on the straight & narrow :happy:

Amen, sir...
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    NEVER.
  • gerimom17
    gerimom17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:

I can say things on here that I don't feel comfortable telling all my Facebook friends, so this is my second Facebook! <3
  • gerimom17
    gerimom17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MFP should have a slogan - "Come to lose the weight - stay to keep it off."

I'll use it as long as it's free and convenient in helping me track my daily calories and exercise. It's completely possible to do that on your own, but why go through that hassle when you have a tool like this?

Love it! I agree with you 100%!
  • HausOfTina
    Options
    I will probably continue to log forever... if not on MFP, somewhere else. I have realized that I have no concept of what I eat. :)
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Absolutely!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    NEVER!!
    I am on MFP for life, I know I can't go it alone.... been there, failed that...
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    It's impossible......:bigsmile:

I already tried to quit once, didn't last 24 hours out of this place. MFP is better than crack!

:happy:
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Absolutely!

And much more inspirational and motivational :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I wonder the same sometimes. I think When I get to where I want to be and live that way a while, I will ease off, maybe not totally leave, but not be super obsessive about every calorie and macro and logging every workout. But maybe I will do fine on my own. I was never overweight ornoutmofnsjape really, until I was dealing with a fibroid tumor, got sick, got flabby, gained some weight, but it's removed and I am just working to get back to how I was before.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll leave MFP when every single one on my friend's list has hit their goals. Without their support, I'd have NEVER hit mine.

I LOVE this answer. You are awesome.

Second this!
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My problem has always been maintenance. I can lose weight, and have been on a roller coaster for years, but once I get to a weight I'm ok with I stop being disciplined and put it back on. I personally have to continue with the habit of tracking to maintain awareness of where I stand.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I dont ever, ever, ever plan on leaving!

I have made some amazing friends and have amazing support on here, it is like my own version of Cheers. I feel like Norm.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I wont say good bye...or I might gain some weight back.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    MFP is truly the only healthy addiction
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Never...the support and accountability are always needed...plus...how would you leave all the friends you have made behind???? You need to always log....leaving is Just not possible for me....:flowerforyou:
  • SlimReggieBack
    SlimReggieBack Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    NEVER LEAVE YOU WILL GET MFP CURSE AND GAIN ALL WEIGHT BACK!
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    I just said to my husband tonight that I had made a decision to never stop counting my calories. That I am treating my weight problem as if it were something like high blood pressure, ie: something that must never stop being monitored. MFP is the best place to do this so I plan to never leave.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I guess the short answer is I don't know because I am still here; I thought about that at some point as to whether there would be a time to drop it... For now, my guess is that I will be here pretty much long term... The failures of the past have often related to simply not keeping up with changes in my routine and diet... (diet being loosely applied here... I understand it is a lifestyle)... For now, I will likely stay on and keep a watch for where I am going... It really is not that time consuming and the community has been a big help along the way... It is almost like a second facebook in a way.
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    As long as its free I'm going to use it. I had this machine years ago that I would log everything in and I used it to maintain. Soon as I stopped logging I got lazy and put the weight back on. Now I like logging. I can see what makes my weight fluctuate and know exactly how I'm doing. When I was guessing, I was guessing way off. A couple minutes a day to do this is nothing. I like the people here too. I don't plan on leaving. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!