Thigh Gap: Not possible for some??? Is this true?

Options

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    This is true. It is entirely based on your bone structure. You need a specific combinations of narrow bones and wide hips.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It just depends on your frame. If you have wide set hips, you're more likely to be able to achieve it than somebody with more narrow hips...but it's not like a sure fire indicator of how fit you are. I might have a gap between mine one day, I might not. My mom has one, even though her hips are narrow, but she doesn't carry much weight in her thighs anyway, and she's a runner with relatively low body fat percentage.

Is it really that important?

I'm built like your mom, and also have low body fat, however, when I was heavier...it was a different story. Not really sure what determines it!
  • MrDelts
    MrDelts Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What's so great about this "thigh gap"??
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    GOAL_zps165d7bb4.jpg

Kind of hard to see here, but this was me before, and I was a size 10. I weighed 140 pounds here.. and I had a thigh gap.

I dont see the big deal in them. *shrugs*
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 108-110 at the moment, and have a small gap at the moment, which gets wider as I lose more and more weight. I have small bones and wide hips for my frame, my hips are 34"
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    What the heck is a "V" that women love on a man?

:noway:
  • rondaa_ambition
    Options
    I have a thigh gap I didn't know it was a significance behind it... :indifferent:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpySj9GpvxDMQxtpZYZmT_cHbTSQOpbeD9stawzQFT1YuMKPN1Ew

The "V" shape at the waist. Yum.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's possible for anyone if you become thin enough, but some people have to become thinner than others to get it because of the way their legs/hips are positioned.

It's not necessarily a matter of wide hips vs/slim hips because my hips aren't very wide at all, maybe small-medium for my frame. Yet I have a thigh gap when my BMI is 21.5 or below.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpySj9GpvxDMQxtpZYZmT_cHbTSQOpbeD9stawzQFT1YuMKPN1Ew

The "V" shape at the waist. Yum.

Mommy, likey. Thank you!
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ive always wanted it too! But, right now, dont know if its even possible! lol... still a ways to go :) ITS NORMAL for other women to want this. :)
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    If it's any comfort, Jillian Michaels has thigh rub and she's not exactly fat :smile: Also, when I was a child I was very underweight and even then I had the thigh rub. It's genetic. Embrace your curves :flowerforyou:
  • kennacoconut
    kennacoconut Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    [img]http://www.cele*****y.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/marilyntop.jpg[/img]

It is possible to look good without the thigh gap
  • maryfbeattie
    Options

And for the record, Mike, you're literally the first guy I've ever seen on here or heard in real life say they even pay attention to the "thigh gap" lol

Right

Same. NEVER heard a guy say anything like a thigh gap is sexy.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    8123547020_a21f92cb6c.jpg
    beautiful-thigh-gap-photo-gallery-thechive-6-ed409c57-sz624x675-animate by woahitsangie, on Flickr

Not me, but wish it was. perfect example of a good "thigh gap"
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My legs are not set up for a gap....only if I was deathly thin....I am ok with that :)
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    11ff6315.jpg

Size 0 shorts, NO thigh gap. I have narrow hips and muscular thighs, it's not in the cards for me!

No thigh gap and you look fantastic & healthy
  • RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    8123547020_a21f92cb6c.jpg
    beautiful-thigh-gap-photo-gallery-thechive-6-ed409c57-sz624x675-animate by woahitsangie, on Flickr

Not me, but wish it was. perfect example of a good "thigh gap"

No offense to anyone but I find this weird looking and unattractive.
  • RowanMyBoat
    RowanMyBoat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's technically possible for everyone. That is if you are willing to be underweight for a gap between your thighs.
    However, the wider the hips, the easier it is to have a gap.

I have fairly wide hips but I'm knock kneed. At my weight right now I have a small one but you can't really tell because the whole 'feet together thighs apart' thing doesn't exactly work for me.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I'd have to have body fat below 10% to have a gap! I never did, even in my skinny teens.

I'm just hoping, if I get down to a reasonable weight, I might possibly have visible cheekbones. My body likes to keep fat on my face (that and on my inner thighs), but now that I'm over 40, I figure there's a chance it won't hold as much fat in the skin on my face anymore. Of course, I do realize that means wrinkles, too!

One of my daughters is built much like me; I tell her that her cheeks will probably always be round, even though she's slim (and a bit of fat on her inner thighs, too). It's just the way her body wants to be!