You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options
I'm now over 100 days into my journey and I'm truly beginning to feel that this is a true lifestyle change. Today when I caught myself actually counting out the number of pretzel sticks when I was grabbing a quick snack, that's when I knew I had arrived. Especially when I realized that even though the label said 28 sticks was a serving size and I only counted out 14, yessirree-bob, that's a major lifestyle difference.

So, what's been your realization that your life has really changed and you're not just dieting anymore?

Replies

• OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The day I felt awful because I missed a workout on a non rest day.

The day I ordered a salad while others ate pizza
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    when no one could pressure me into eating pizza and cookies in class tonight (oh and they tried, very hard), despite me being starving and knowing i wouldnt be able to eat until 10 pm
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am there yet but I love topic. Here is a mini one --- I did see someone order a 12" sub in front of me in line today and I thought, "holy, how do they eat all of that." Only months ago, I would have wanted a 12" too!
  • shosh413
    shosh413 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That i didn't buy a 200 calorie (something like that) baskin robbins ice cream cup just because I had 200 calories left on my calorie counter...

and i totally relate to the serving size thing haha
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm in college and have to rely on the cafeteria food for about half of my meals.

I can tell my lifestyle is changing because of the irritated feeling I get when all they're serving at the cafeteria that day is junk food and crap that won't benefit my macros. Lol.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I've become such a diligent label reader. i work in a small local country store and some things come in with no nutritional info. I emailed a couple companies. When they responded with the calorie counts and such, I thought Holy Cow, I'm not eating that!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My food scale is on the counter...its never put away. And I take it to the dining room table with me to weigh out my entree and vegetables. But I want a digital one for Christmas. :)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    When you go to McDonalds...order one sandwich/burger....and can only eat half. And NOT beat yourself up for going to McDonalds.
  • littleandysmom
    littleandysmom Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when............I crave steamed squash, spinach, brussel sprouts topped with a hard boiled egg.....(with no butter)....

.....When I spend at least an hour at the store reading labels
    .......When I get excited about eating Progresso light chicken pot pie soup (only 200 calories plus love the smell of it)
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I thought to myself "I'm going to be really bad and get bacon bits, cheese, croutons, AND full fat Ranch dressing on my salad today!!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    The day I started sharing meals with my husband in restaurants.

When I stopped drinking soda and all other caloric drinks because I wanted to enjoy eating my calories rather than giving them away to drinks.

Finally, today one of my friends at work left me a Pumpkin Frosted Sugar Cookie on my desk and I actually bit off just the stem and threw the rest away... I even counted the stem of the cookie! I have NEVER in my life before now turned down a frosted sugar cookie. I typically would eat several before the day was done!
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    When you go on a road trip, with banquet dinners, lots of boozy nights, 6 days of driving with constant salty snacks, hotel breakfast buffets, no exercise, don't log food or even think about choices the entire time

and only gain 3 lbs over 12 days
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    At my nephew's birthday party this week, I limited myself to only two slices of pizza and didn't eat the crust. That's huge for me. The crust dipped in garlic sauce was my favorite part and I usually had four slices of pizza.

Also, I find myself consistently ordering a side salad or vegetables when going out to eat (which happens a lot at work). Although today, I ordered french fries because I am sick and I wanted the damn things, not broccoli!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Knowing that on days like today when I ate pretty crappy, I can exercise and feel okay about it. Used to have the mindset that a lot of us do "Well I screwed up so I might as well quit" No more.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I reach in my 'fridge for fresh green beans to snack on and they are all gone 'cause I've snacked on them all week. Or, I am *really hungry* and a salad satisfies that hunger.
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    When I stopped freaking out because the scale had gone up 0.4 pounds from the day before and instead used it as a reason to stay on track and watch my sodium intake.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I work at a grocery store, and we have a circular that comes out every Thursday night that shows all the items that will be on sale that week. I used to look for sales on Entenmann's cakes and candy, and today I caught myself looking for fruits and vegetables that would be at half price, and hoping a Greek yogurt brand would be on sale. :) It felt great!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I work at a grocery store, and we have a circular that comes out every Thursday night that shows all the items that will be on sale that week. I used to look for sales on Entenmann's cakes and candy, and today I caught myself looking for fruits and vegetables that would be at half price, and hoping a Greek yogurt brand would be on sale. :) It felt great!

*like* this
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    When I didn't feel bad for 'missing' a workout day, was still under calorie, and didn't feel the need to run to the fridge and stuff my face with the remaining calories on my counter.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    when you basically,eat,sleep and breathe working out,getting your calories, read fitness blogs daily. you only use pinterest for fitness stuff.,talking about fitness and calories.. and everyone around you is like stfu!