You know it's becoming a lifestyle change when...

Options

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    When I spend part of my evening checking out Kettle Bell workouts on Utube. Then deciding which kettle belles to buy.
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My bar of chocolate last and lasts because I break off 20g each night to eat instead of eating the whole bar at one sitting :smile:
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    You plan your day around your gym session lol, when to eat, when to go in to work etc.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    ...one day I had no desire whatsoever for fast or junk food. I just plain don't crave it. Even during TOM. That's HUGE for me.

Also when I bought a 2nd set of measuring cups and spoons to take with me to work in case I need them. I've also considered buying a set of measuring spoons to keep in my purse, but I haven't gotten that anal yet. I'm pretty good at eyeballing it now.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    You work in a school and you go in on your recess break to discover an amaaaaazing morning tea spread put on for all the staff...

....and you eat your small but beautiful banana and decide to spend your hard earned morning tea break relieving others of their yard duty so they can enjoy the morning tea spread instead.
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I refused icecream after dinner yesterday. I eat icecream all the time but I had a heavy dinner and thought 'No I don't fancy any tonight' where previously I would have eaten it anyway.
  • tameemma
    Options
    the day that instead of candy/chocolate/cake i ate yohgurt for desert
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have to remind myself NOT to work out the day after I've done an especially hard weight routine. I still can't believe that happens ... :happy:
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You work in a school and you go in on your recess break to discover an amaaaaazing morning tea spread put on for all the staff...

....and you eat your small but beautiful banana and decide to spend your hard earned morning tea break relieving others of their yard duty so they can enjoy the morning tea spread instead.
    That was so me today. 3 parties in 3 days at school. Really had to say no and eat nothing
  • kmshred
    kmshred Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    weighing out all my food on the scale for every damn meal; for the last 580 days makes me realise.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I start weighing myself everyday and counting every calorie I consume...
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I have to remind myself NOT to work out the day after I've done an especially hard weight routine. I still can't believe that happens ... :happy:

^^ This! Who knew I was going to love exercise so much!

When the guys at work are munching biscuits (cookies) every single day and not once have I thought 'ohhhh, I'd like one' - it's as if they have gone completely off my radar.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Went out for chinese with the family for someones birthday and whilst the rest were eating chicken balls, duck, fried chicken etc etc I had boiled rice and some steamed vegatables, how rock 'n' roll hey. Also during my 4hour break at college I make sure I go home and do a workout in between. You don't realise until you stop and look back.
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The week I didn't log on vacation and had no weight gain!
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    the crap foods aren't that appealing anymore. i would never of thought i would ever eat a candybar or ice cream and be like, bleh
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Mine was the other day when my calf was hurting and I thought "Oh no my calf can't be injured now while I'm training for the 5K!" Never would have thought that would have come out of my mouth a year ago.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I am there yet but I love topic. Here is a mini one --- I did see someone order a 12" sub in front of me in line today and I thought, "holy, how do they eat all of that." Only months ago, I would have wanted a 12" too!

I still eat footlongs! It's not about saying no to EVERYTHING, but just making healthy choices. Then again, I am a vegetarian so the veggie sub is very low calories.
    But yes, I always order a foot long. :)
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options

That was so me today. 3 parties in 3 days at school. Really had to say no and eat nothing

I hear ya - I reckon half the reason I need to lose some kilos is due to the staff morning teas/catered PD days/birthdays/thank-you teas etc that seem to happen. Aaarggh!!1
  • firedupfriend
    firedupfriend Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine must be today.........my birthday which I am celebrating BUT I am not over indulging with crappy fatty cakes and snacks!!!
    My goal to be healthy is more important!!!!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    When pizza became a super treat I had to earn by moving my butt and doing exercise rather than having it as the lazy dinner option because I couldn't be bothered to move.

(Although I have since discovered I can make my own low cal versions).

When I look at menus when eating out and first pick out what would be reasonable for calories and THEN deciding what I fancy out of those options, rather than going for the first thing that sounds appealing.