Losing Baby Weight

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• StephanieJ82
    Options
    Oops, LOL. In my defense I started typing before you posted the list!

Kistinbee...My name is Kristin. I am 26 and had my first daughter, Kadence, September 5th, 2009 via C-section. I work full time, and outside of work try to balance spending time with Kadence, keep up the house, and get in some exercise! I have a husband, Michael, who works construction and so is laid off in the winter...he's home with our little one right now. When he starts back up this Spring, Kadence will be going to an in-home daycare provider. We also have two dogs and two cats, which keep our house VERY busy! I still have about 15 pounds to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, and about 30 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight!

chuffmn...

tattoodfreek... My name is Jessica. I am 33 and my youngest was born August 24, 2009. I (currently, LOL) have 5 children. 2 boys, ages 11 and 10, and 3 girls, ages 9, 7, and 6 months. I am once again a stay home mom. My husband works in the rentals department of a local hardware store. We also have 4 long haired cats and a 3.5 month old puppy. My vacuum cleaner is very busy. I have 25 pounds of pregnancy weight left to lose, and another 20 pounds that I gained over the course of the year at what was a new job.

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

jamiestoica...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

biggieshorty...

babyfatcat... My name is Stephanie. I am a mother of an active 2.5 year old, Parker. I am married and I live in B.C. Canada. My hubby and I work full time for the same company (thats where we met 5 years ago) He is a PLant leadhand and I work in the office entering orders. So I sit on my butt for 8 hours. This is why I have 20 lbs of baby fat still to lose after 2.5 years. I am in love with Movies and Books. :)

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    oops i quoted instead of copied. Oh well.
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    Kistinbee...My name is Kristin. I am 26 and had my first daughter, Kadence, September 5th, 2009 via C-section. I work full time, and outside of work try to balance spending time with Kadence, keep up the house, and get in some exercise! I have a husband, Michael, who works construction and so is laid off in the winter...he's home with our little one right now. When he starts back up this Spring, Kadence will be going to an in-home daycare provider. We also have two dogs and two cats, which keep our house VERY busy! I still have about 15 pounds to lose to reach my pre-pregnancy weight, and about 30 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight!

chuffmn...

tattoodfreek... My name is Jessica. I am 33 and my youngest was born August 24, 2009. I (currently, LOL) have 5 children. 2 boys, ages 11 and 10, and 3 girls, ages 9, 7, and 6 months. I am once again a stay home mom. My husband works in the rentals department of a local hardware store. We also have 4 long haired cats and a 3.5 month old puppy. My vacuum cleaner is very busy. I have 25 pounds of pregnancy weight left to lose, and another 20 pounds that I gained over the course of the year at what was a new job.

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

jamiestoica...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

biggieshorty... Hi all, I'm 26 years old. I have a 18 month old son who is the absolute light of my life. I've been married for 3 years in April. I've always been overweight, but never over 200 lbs. Before we decided to get pregnant, I switched BC's which made me gain 10lbs and then I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant. I didn't start trying to lose weight until DS turned 1. Now I'm in a wedding in May and I must lose 10 more pounds to look halfway decent in this dress. I really love this message board. You ladies keep me motivated and I hope I provide some kind of support for you all as well. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

babyfatcat...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...
  • cat1110
    cat1110 Posts: 28
    Options

chuffmn...

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

jamiestoica...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110... My name is Catherine, and my adorable little Carter is going to be one year old on March 7th! Wow, does time fly! I live in Alpharetta, GA and have been married for 8 years. We never wanted kids and then one day just decided to do it. Carter has been the best thing that has ever happened to us....I never knew that there was another part of my heart that could be opened to a child. Now I want another one! We also have a crazy little Miniature Schnauzer named Gus. He has been around for 8 years. My husband and I both work, but luckily my job allows me to work from home 3 days a week. I have never really had a weight "problem" but I definitely packed on the pounds during pregnancy. I was never sick and McDonalds was my second home! Dang, I miss those hot fries! LOL! Now that my body has changed, I am having to work harder than ever to lose the weight. My weaknesses are alcohol, bread, and cheese! I love MFP...it keeps me accountable and I am so much more aware of what I am eating. Thanks for all of your encouragement!

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

biggieshorty... Hi all, I'm 26 years old. I have a 18 month old son who is the absolute light of my life. I've been married for 3 years in April. I've always been overweight, but never over 200 lbs. Before we decided to get pregnant, I switched BC's which made me gain 10lbs and then I gained 60lbs when I was pregnant. I didn't start trying to lose weight until DS turned 1. Now I'm in a wedding in May and I must lose 10 more pounds to look halfway decent in this dress. I really love this message board. You ladies keep me motivated and I hope I provide some kind of support for you all as well. WE CAN DO IT!!!!

babyfatcat...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...
  • gatorkdr1
    gatorkdr1 Posts: 16
    Options
    Can I join? I have a 10mth old. I started out pregnant after many years TTC and over eating and just not giving a crap around 145 lbs give or take a pound here and there. I lost in the first 3mths and went down to 136lbs. Then I started to gain after the first 12 weeks. I gained a total of 25 lbs from 145 area. The day I had her I was 169lbs.

So all in all I did ok for my weight gain while I was pregnant. But prior to getting pregnant is when I gained most of my weight. I think the stress of not getting pregnant for over 2 years and with two looses had me eating anything and everything with no exercise. Other than walking here and there.

I am as of today at 145lbs. My name is Nichole

3/2/10
    Start weight: 169 pounds
    Current weight: 145
    Pounds lost: 24
    Goal for week 15: Lose 2 pounds
    Final goal weight: 130 pounds
  • cat1110
    cat1110 Posts: 28
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to say...I'm 34! :) It's tough, because I would like another child, but I feel like the clock is ticking..... :grumble:
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well goodmorning to all. I am glad I could provide some comic relief---and a reminder to check your ovens! :)I had a really good workout day yesterday, and I am hoping for another one today! my hubby comes home tonight or tomorrow and I know I will splurge out on a meal, so I want to burn as many cals now...

Kistinbee&Jessica---How old are your youngest& how much do they weigh?? I have a big baby too--he's 7 months and finally starting to even out! He low crawls---still can't get his belly up for long. He will go on all fours and rock back and forth but really won't go anywhere. He did the circles for a couple weeks before actually moving forward or backward.

chuffmn...

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

jamiestoica... My name is Jamie...I am 24 years old and have been married for almost 4 years. My oldest, Logan was born on Christmas Day of 2007 and youngest, Connor, born July 18, 2009. With Logan, I gained 70+ pounds---and lost all but 5. I was in the Marine Corps, so I had no choice but to loose it and had a time frame. With Connor I gained a little more than 50---I've lost all but 17 with that weight. So all in all, I have at least 22 pounds to get to where I was before I was pregnant with Logan and then another 10 would be nice just cause! I met my husband while we were both in the Marine Corps---he is still in active duty though. Since I've been out, I am a stay at home mom during the day and working mom at night. I work about 30 hours a week. SO excited STILL about this site :)

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

babyfatcat... babyfatcat... My name is Stephanie. I am a mother of an active 2.5 year old, Parker. I am married and I live in B.C. Canada. My hubby and I work full time for the same company (thats where we met 5 years ago) He is a PLant leadhand and I work in the office entering orders. So I sit on my butt for 8 hours. This is why I have 20 lbs of baby fat still to lose after 2.5 years. I am in love with Movies and Books. :)

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...
  • mowens77
    mowens77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options

chuffmn...

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

jamiestoica... My name is Jamie...I am 24 years old and have been married for almost 4 years. My oldest, Logan was born on Christmas Day of 2007 and youngest, Connor, born July 18, 2009. With Logan, I gained 70+ pounds---and lost all but 5. I was in the Marine Corps, so I had no choice but to loose it and had a time frame. With Connor I gained a little more than 50---I've lost all but 17 with that weight. So all in all, I have at least 22 pounds to get to where I was before I was pregnant with Logan and then another 10 would be nice just cause! I met my husband while we were both in the Marine Corps---he is still in active duty though. Since I've been out, I am a stay at home mom during the day and working mom at night. I work about 30 hours a week. SO excited STILL about this site :)

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

babyfatcat... babyfatcat... My name is Stephanie. I am a mother of an active 2.5 year old, Parker. I am married and I live in B.C. Canada. My hubby and I work full time for the same company (thats where we met 5 years ago) He is a PLant leadhand and I work in the office entering orders. So I sit on my butt for 8 hours. This is why I have 20 lbs of baby fat still to lose after 2.5 years. I am in love with Movies and Books. :)

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77... My name is Michelle I am 32 yr old I have 4 children 3 girls 14, 5 and almost 4 months and 1 boy 13. "My husband" and I have been together since we were 15 will be 17 years in June. We live in the central valley in California. I work at a local hospital in the scheduling department and my husband is currently a stay at home dad. I am actually below my pre pregnancy weight from Peyton (my last one) but I gained almost 80 pounds with Ella (5yr old) so I still have about 45 pounds of that to loss:happy:

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nichole!!! I added you to our list!!

chuffmn...

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77... My name is Michelle I am 32 yr old I have 4 children 3 girls 14, 5 and almost 4 months and 1 boy 13. "My husband" and I have been together since we were 15 will be 17 years in June. We live in the central valley in California. I work at a local hospital in the scheduling department and my husband is currently a stay at home dad. I am actually below my pre pregnancy weight from Peyton (my last one) but I gained almost 80 pounds with Ella (5yr old) so I still have about 45 pounds of that to loss

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...

gatorkdr1...My name is Nichole I have a 10mth old. I started out pregnant after many years TTC and over eating and just not giving a crap around 145 lbs give or take a pound here and there. I lost in the first 3mths and went down to 136lbs. Then I started to gain after the first 12 weeks. I gained a total of 25 lbs from 145 area. The day I had her I was 169lbs. So all in all I did ok for my weight gain while I was pregnant. But prior to getting pregnant is when I gained most of my weight. I think the stress of not getting pregnant for over 2 years and with two looses had me eating anything and everything with no exercise. Other than walking here and there. I am as of today at 145lbs.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Jess and Jamie...I'm not 100% sure how much Kadence weighs (Jamie...she is going to be 6 months on Friday). Last time we were at the doctor (a month ago) she was 14 pounds 9 ounces. I'm sure she's over 15 pounds now. I still have her in her newborn seat that I tote around wherever I go. She's pretty good sitting by herself, but you're right...I wouldn't yet be able to put her in a shopping cart. Lots of the time I end up carrying her in the stores anyway because she likes to look around. Have you thought about a front carrier? That should even out the weight so there's not so much strain on your back. Idk...Kadence doesn't weigh that much yet. She can sit up by herself for a while, but if she leans too far back or to the side she falls over. I'm hoping she gets there soon...would be so much easier to be able to just set her on the floor by herself!

Well...back to some work! Have a good afternoon!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Welcome Nichole!!

Jamie and Kristin- Josie is 6 months and a week. I just weighed her, and she is 23 pounds, LOL. I do have a carrier for her, but I seldom use it because it's just such a PITA to get in and out of! For both me and fat baby!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Jess! She's huge! I can't imagine if Kadence was that big already! I already wish she was still tiny! LOL!
  • tkgrosz
    tkgrosz Posts: 2
    Options

chuffmn...

femmerides...

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

mowens77... My name is Michelle I am 32 yr old I have 4 children 3 girls 14, 5 and almost 4 months and 1 boy 13. "My husband" and I have been together since we were 15 will be 17 years in June. We live in the central valley in California. I work at a local hospital in the scheduling department and my husband is currently a stay at home dad. I am actually below my pre pregnancy weight from Peyton (my last one) but I gained almost 80 pounds with Ella (5yr old) so I still have about 45 pounds of that to loss

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...

gatorkdr1...My name is Nichole I have a 10mth old. I started out pregnant after many years TTC and over eating and just not giving a crap around 145 lbs give or take a pound here and there. I lost in the first 3mths and went down to 136lbs. Then I started to gain after the first 12 weeks. I gained a total of 25 lbs from 145 area. The day I had her I was 169lbs. So all in all I did ok for my weight gain while I was pregnant. But prior to getting pregnant is when I gained most of my weight. I think the stress of not getting pregnant for over 2 years and with two looses had me eating anything and everything with no exercise. Other than walking here and there. I am as of today at 145lbs.

tkgrosz...My name is Taylor and I am 24 and am active duty military. My husband and I tried very hard to get pregnant, but couldn't because of endometriosis. I had surgery and a couple of months later we found out we were pregnant! Close to the end of my pregnancy, I was boarder line peeclamptic so I was put on bed rest! On 10 Oct 2009, by c-section, our little miracle was born! She was born perfectly health! Unfortuantely for me I had gained a grand total of 75 pounds during my pregnancy! UGH, I am totally embarrssed. I have been working hard to get back into the great shape I was before and started using this program and stumbled upon this discussion board! I am so excited to be apart of this and knowing that others are getting there too!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options

chuffmn...

femmerides...My name is Tabitha and I am a mom of two (one girl, one boy). Shelby is 20 months old now and is such a great and crazy kid. Jackson is 2 days old and so far is so much fun! He has so many quirks about him already that they just make me laugh. Before i had shelby i weighed 248lbs then got down to 180.5lbs. the day i delivered shelby is was 252.8lbs and was down to 209lbs only 2 weeks after she was born. i got back down to 182lbs but then took an exercise break and got up to 192lbs when i found out i was pregnant with jackson. on delivery day i was 240lbs (i know! way too much again) and today i'm already down to 228lbs. So i'm happy with my progress so far. i have a 10k i'm going to run in april so i am starting my walking as soon as possible and hopefully running again in a few weeks. :-) my goal is to lose 10lbs a month til July (my birthday and our 6th wedding anniversary) so HOPEFULLY i'll be around 188lbs by then. :-) we'll see.

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...

• tkgrosz
    tkgrosz Posts: 2
    Options
    By the way I know this may be silly, but where did ya'll get the baby tickers?
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Jessica--you have a big baby! When Connor was 6 months he weighed almost 22 lbs and that was big for a BOY! He has finally started to slow down and has probably only gained a pound or two since then. how much did she weigh when she was born?

Kristin--thats still pretty big for a baby girl! have you tried a bumbo seat? i know that helped a lot with my boys...they were both sitting up at 5 months, so I got super lucky :)

I really like this get to know you thingy! It's really neat to see where everyone is coming from and whatnot. I did my workout video this morning---thinking about doing the elliptical but have an inground toe nail that is KILLING me. :mad: I don't know what to do. I suppose I will get my butt on the elliptical until my toe falls off!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    jamie...I do have a Bumbo and she used it before when she really didn't have much control, but now she refuses to sit in it! I think she gets bored, no matter how many things I put on the tray for her! So, I use my boppy pillow and sit her up in that...it works much better. But I'm trying to get her to sit without it...and that's what we've been working on. She just needs to get the remaining back strength she needs and to figure out that she can use her arms to support herself when she starts leaning to the side. She'll get it soon enough, I'm sure!

Taylor...WELCOME!!! And the baby tickers are from lilypie.com.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Making sure Taylor didn't get omitted from the list...

chuffmn...

femmerides...My name is Tabitha and I am a mom of two (one girl, one boy). Shelby is 20 months old now and is such a great and crazy kid. Jackson is 2 days old and so far is so much fun! He has so many quirks about him already that they just make me laugh. Before i had shelby i weighed 248lbs then got down to 180.5lbs. the day i delivered shelby is was 252.8lbs and was down to 209lbs only 2 weeks after she was born. i got back down to 182lbs but then took an exercise break and got up to 192lbs when i found out i was pregnant with jackson. on delivery day i was 240lbs (i know! way too much again) and today i'm already down to 228lbs. So i'm happy with my progress so far. i have a 10k i'm going to run in april so i am starting my walking as soon as possible and hopefully running again in a few weeks. :-) my goal is to lose 10lbs a month til July (my birthday and our 6th wedding anniversary) so HOPEFULLY i'll be around 188lbs by then. :-) we'll see.

michfitzhome...

firegirlred...

badtz...

mdestiny25...

stacey11...

cat1110...

nadyasmom...

caterpillardreams...

mina133842...

c_beesley...

anneforster1102...

rfcollins33...

lizaconde...

tkgrosz...My name is Taylor and I am 24 and am active duty military. My husband and I tried very hard to get pregnant, but couldn't because of endometriosis. I had surgery and a couple of months later we found out we were pregnant! Close to the end of my pregnancy, I was boarder line peeclamptic so I was put on bed rest! On 10 Oct 2009, by c-section, our little miracle was born! She was born perfectly health! Unfortuantely for me I had gained a grand total of 75 pounds during my pregnancy! UGH, I am totally embarrssed. I have been working hard to get back into the great shape I was before and started using this program and stumbled upon this discussion board! I am so excited to be apart of this and knowing that others are getting there too!
  • biggieshorty
    Options
    LOL to all you guys with a big baby. Jess my son is 18 months and he weighs 25 lbs!!! He was only 5lbs 13 oz when he was born.