are all men the same?!!

Options
so im having a hard time with my ole man right now.. just dont know what to do.. he seems to think that spending time with his friends is more important than spending time with me and the kids.. your not single anymore your engaged for crying out loud!! this is getting old fast and to be honest its kinda making me re think getting married. cause i sure as hell am not putting up with this for the rest of my life. i will not be put 2nd!! i know that sounds bad... :( am i going to far with this? am i in the wrong/ what would you do?

Replies

• untouchable86
    Options
    haha this was actually a serious question
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Men come in many different varieties. Maybe yours is trying to take a break from being family man.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    i realize he needs guy time but when you work out of town 5 days a week and your only at home on the weekends and the first thing thats on your minds is hanging with your friends! somethings gotta give
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Men come in many different varieties. Maybe yours is trying to take a break from being family man.
    you cant be a part time family man,
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Ya gotta talk to him about it, not us. That's the wisest thing anyone is going to tell you on here ;)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    haha this was actually a serious question

this is just my personal opinion your question is why i dont believe people should get married in their 20's. men and women need to get all their games out of their system before settling down. your fiance dont want to be at home doing family stuff while all his friends are out bar hopping picking up chicks and doing whatever else and i'm sure you dont want to be doing the same either but since there is a child involved someone has to be the responsible party...

maybe you two need to work out a schedule so he can go out sometimes and you can go out sometimes.
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    how old is he?
  • untouchable86
    Options
    ugh
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Maybe yours is defective. Does it have a warranty or a return policy?
  • untouchable86
    Options
    how old is he?
    ill be 26 in dec. and hell be 26 in jan.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    Maybe yours is defective. Does it have a warranty or a return policy?
    lol no... :(
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Engaged and already nagging, no wonder he wants to go out with his friends.

You should encourage him. That'll mind trip him
  • untouchable86
    Options

wow so now wanting to spend time with your man is now considered nagging?!
  • alisiaendris
    alisiaendris Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go through this too. He just doesn't seem to get that I might need a break from time to time too. I do not mind if he wants to spend some time with the guys, but nearly every night gets old quick! We sit down and talk about it time and again, then things get better for awhile. You just have to get and keep the lines of communication open. He cannot read your mind, and I do not think men are as family oriented as women (at least most of them anyway).
  • gmctech
    gmctech Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    No, we're not all the same.... You certainly have a valid concern...
  • dcurzon
    dcurzon Posts: 653 Member
    Options

wow so now wanting to spend time with your man is now considered nagging?!

It can seem that way, yes
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If you're having questions this early on in, you may seriously want to put things on hold. You try to tame him, there may be resentment down the road. You let him run wild, and you'll never be happy.
  • untouchable86
    Options
    My husband and I go through this too. He just doesn't seem to get that I might need a break from time to time too. I do not mind if he wants to spend some time with the guys, but nearly every night gets old quick! We sit down and talk about it time and again, then things get better for awhile. You just have to get and keep the lines of communication open. He cannot read your mind, and I do not think men are as family oriented as women (at least most of them anyway).
    he knows how i feel weve been through this in the past.. talking to him does no good! im about to just give up and just stop careing
  • Frozen300
    Frozen300 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So when exactly is he allowed to go out with his friends? Should this be scheduled on days that you don't want him around?
  • untouchable86
    Options
    No, we're not all the same.... You certainly have a valid concern...
    thanks glad someone understands my side