Pooping...

Options

Replies

• trdepalo
    trdepalo Posts: 106
    Options
    does anyone else's vary? sometimes its multiple times a day, sometimes it isn't for three days. sometimes it's loose and sometimes its straining but mostly fine. but there definitely isn't a pattern. anyone else?
  • mustikas6
    mustikas6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very educating topic:smile: . I had no idea it was normal to go 3- 4 times a day. That never happens to me. Unless I have diarrhea.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Often.... perhaps 3-5 times a day.

Someone told me once that our body is like a long tube.... when we eat at the top, some comes out the bottom. This is true for me, I poop after I eat!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    does anyone else's vary? sometimes its multiple times a day, sometimes it isn't for three days. sometimes it's loose and sometimes its straining but mostly fine. but there definitely isn't a pattern. anyone else?
    do you eat a lot of different things from day to day? I'm pretty regular I think because I eat the same thing every day lol
  • VFBloch0725
    Options
    I go daily, sometimes twice daily.
  • VFBloch0725
    Options

Someone told me once that our body is like a long tube.... when we eat at the top, some comes out the bottom. This is true for me, I poop after I eat!

I heard that, also, when a person does have a bowel movement, it is from what is eatten the day before because it can take up to 24 hours for your body to process the food and eliminate it.
  • stines72
    Options

I heard that, also, when a person does have a bowel movement, it is from what is eatten the day before because it can take up to 24 hours for your body to process the food and eliminate it.

I've also heard just smelling food can stimulate the digestive process
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Average is twice a day.
    I personally go once a day unless I've eaten a lot of fiber.

It probably sounds weird that I know the average, but I worked as a nurse aide, so I'm excused Lol
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I poop about once per hour, or about 24 times per day.

lmao, winning straight off the bat.

I usually lay a foot or so of cable every two days, doing a face like a sloth.

PoopSlothMeme.JPG
  • katie070563
    Options
    Clearly this whole thread carries a TMI warning but none the less... TMI warning.

The first thing I notice when I'm falling of the diet wagon is the increase in frequency and volume. GROSS but true because if you eat more....

When following a healthy diet with lots of natural fiber and between 1200 - 1800 calories I usually go every other day. When I focus on increasing my protein, I tend to get some constipation, otherwise the bowel movements seems to be based on volume and processing time.

For those of you that are slaves to your scale - eating a high fiber diet will hold more liquid in your gut system which will make it look like you've gained weight. It's water weight, just not the kind we usually think of!

I've found since changing to a healthy way of eating......I'm lucky to poop twice a week!! :grumble: However, I still need to drink more water, as I'm sure this has something to do with it:drinker: . Even with senna.....no difference!
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    2-4 times a day. If i am feeling a little backed up, more water and magnesium citrate. One pill will keep you semi regular, two will make you afraid to sneeze.

wait how often do you use that stuff????? i mean i drink one about every 3 months or so but it seems like you are using the stuff almost weekly.

if you need that much help taking a dump you need to have your kidneys and stuff checked.

if you haven't already crapped them out.
  • pepsi666
    Options
    I go every 7 - 10 days which, after numerous visits to my GP is normal for me.It's always been this way growing up.

When the time comes though, I need to be sure the bathroom is clear for a good couple hours, as it
    can be quite uncomfortable! I think I'm weird too, as when the time comes, I can still hold it until my
    partner is out of the house!

The only good thing is that I can go to a metal festival and not need to use the horrendous portaloo's all weekend!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Every morning about 15 minutes after I get up- just in time to make a cup of tea and grab the paper to read whilst doing so. Then usually 1 more time 2 more times during the day.

I read in one of my nutrition books that you should have a bowel movement after each substantial meal and it should float and be medium brown in colour. If it doesn't float your gut is producing too much mucus.

It suggests the way to test the time at which your body processes its waste is to have a handful of sesame seeds or some beetroot or sweet corn and watch for when it comes out.

The length of time food stays in your gut is an indication of general health as your bowels will absorb the toxins in your poo which can make you feel slow and sluggish.

Better out than in, I say!

Sorry to lower the tone even more!
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Yea um about every 4 or 5 days if I am lucky I will get to go sooner LOL!
  • stines72
    Options
    I go every 7 - 10 days which, after numerous visits to my GP is normal for me.It's always been this way growing up.

When the time comes though, I need to be sure the bathroom is clear for a good couple hours, as it
    can be quite uncomfortable! I think I'm weird too, as when the time comes, I can still hold it until my
    partner is out of the house!

The only good thing is that I can go to a metal festival and not need to use the horrendous portaloo's all weekend!

ouch dont you ever feel backed up?
  • stines72
    Options
    Every morning about 15 minutes after I get up- just in time to make a cup of tea and grab the paper to read whilst doing so. Then usually 1 more time 2 more times during the day.

I read in one of my nutrition books that you should have a bowel movement after each substantial meal and it should float and be medium brown in colour. If it doesn't float your gut is producing too much mucus.

It suggests the way to test the time at which your body processes its waste is to have a handful of sesame seeds or some beetroot or sweet corn and watch for when it comes out.

The length of time food stays in your gut is an indication of general health as your bowels will absorb the toxins in your poo which can make you feel slow and sluggish.

Better out than in, I say!

Sorry to lower the tone even more!

no, its good info
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Pooping is awesome!!!!

131871095308549326_JC9DYkDx_c_zpsc645cd5d.jpg
  • stines72
    Options
    Pooping is awesome!!!!

131871095308549326_JC9DYkDx_c_zpsc645cd5d.jpg
    omg.. lol
    Llzli.jpg
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Depends if I'm on a rest day or training day.
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    According to dr's we should be like babies and poop after every meal. However, with the standard american diet, we are not. Changing your diet to a more wholesome, whole grain will result in better bowel movements & ultimately better health.