Thigh Gap?

Options

Replies

• sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Seriously? A thigh gap? Man I must be getting old....seems really OTT.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    SO to summarize, being a starving, divorced, flat-chested, no-*kitten* skeleton standing with my legs apart will give me thigh gap? Awesome, totally worth it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about getting a thigh gap. Just be strong and healthy.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Someone must have been bored to resurrect a thread from April.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Tough love here. Seriously, who cares about a thigh gap. In 61 years of life, I've never once thought or heard any man I know say, Yo, look at her! She's got a hot thigh gap!! lol It don't matter!! I never heard of this til I came to this site.

I'm "only" 60, but I've always found a thigh gap to be helpful, and I missed having one when I was overweight. I had to wear long shorts or capris, and I couldn't wear cotton workout shorts without them creeping up between my legs. I think most people agree the sight of shorts hiked up between the thighs, on females or males, is gross. Fortunately, with weight loss, lifting, and running, my gap returned.

I realize not everyone has gap genes, some have large thigh muscles, others probably don't want a gap, but we change what we can change, accept what we can't change, and make the best of what we have.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    what the.. what?
  • lanapoo
    lanapoo Posts: 57
    Options
    Stand with your legs apart.

Hear, hear.
  • jrogers2013
    jrogers2013 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    SO to summarize, being a starving, divorced, flat-chested, no-*kitten* skeleton standing with my legs apart will give me thigh gap? Awesome, totally worth it.

You forgot to mention being someone who apparently gets to have loads of sex. I guess it could be an upside to it?

LOL...
    seriously? A thigh gap? I don't want mine rubbing when I walk either but I love my big thighs and so does my fiance'!
  • marieteresa41
    Options
    I have a thigh gap.

I don't have an ED.

I'm 151 lbs & 5'9"

I just noticed one day not so long ago that I had one. It wasn't something I aspired to have.

I have hips (36ins), a waist (28ins) & thighs - haven't measured those :ohwell: :smile:

I lift weights including squats, lunges & deadlifts. Oh and I spin. Maybe that's why I have that elusive gap.

It doesn't always have to be due to a person being skin & bone & heading towards an ED.

Just saying :smile:
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Everyone forgot spreader bars... duh.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Thigh gaps are genetic. Some people have them, some people will never have them. There is nothing you can "eat" to get one. It all has to do with bone structure.

This is not accurate. Anyone can make enough space between their thighs if enough tissue is reduced in the area. Every skeleton has a thigh gap.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Are thigh gaps caused by women who have huge fannies!! Lol
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    Im your height and weigh 15lbs more than you. Im not saying Im the skinniest girl on the block but I think Im pretty slender. At 100lbs you must already be very thin. If you dont have one now, you wont at a healthy weight. They're are genetic.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Is this a sincere, genuine question? Because if it is then I feel bad for laughing my head off.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    napoleon-dynamite-dove-hands_zps490f685a.gif
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame. I have MEAT on my legs, and have always had muscular thighs because I was in soccer and cheer all my life. That being said, at your height weight, it seems like you just won't achieve it, sorry.

But for those people saying you can't be healthy and have a thigh gap are just plain misinformed.

Doesn't look underweight to me...

tumblr_mc243f8xHQ1rnfejco1_500.jpg
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you are what you eat, so eat thigh gaps
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    Okay, I still have almost 30lbs to goal weight, but my thighs BARELY touch, so I think when I get down to my goal weight, I'll have a small "thigh gap". You don't have to be extremely underweight to achieve a thigh gap, and it has a lot to do with how you're built. Generally you need a pretty wide hip frame. I have MEAT on my legs, and have always had muscular thighs because I was in soccer and cheer all my life. That being said, at your height weight, it seems like you just won't achieve it, sorry.

But for those people saying you can't be healthy and have a thigh gap are just plain misinformed.

Doesn't look underweight to me...

You dont have to be underweight to have one, unless you are not genetically predisposed to.
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I thought thighs were supposed to touch; sexy feminine curves and all that. However, my mother-in-law has a gap and she had nine kids, so maybe try that! :glasses: