Macintosh!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    honey crisp
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp - I still can't believe how an apple can be so sweet, juicy, and crunchy all at the same time!
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    A good ol' local macintosh plucked from a tree in Massachusetts is my favorite choice in the fall. I also love pink ladies and honey crisps, even if they aren't grown around here.
  • Aperene
    Aperene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp for sure!
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried sweetango yet??? they are better than honey crisp i swear xD
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp for sure!

Me,too
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    but Green Granny Smiths... I love the tartness... and Pink Lady's when I'm in a sweet mood (which is actually pretty rare)

That exactly. I currently have 6 granny smith's waiting to be made into caramel apples for halloween. I also have 3 lbs of Gala apples, but that's not for eating, that's for making apple butter.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisps- they have basically ruined other apples for me. I like my apple to have a firm texture with a lot of crunch. No mealy-ness! I can't stand Red Delicious anymore because it always seems like they are mealy!
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring. My favorite is red delicious.

I must be boring too, Mine is Golden delicious
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Honey crisp then braeburns. I've not heard of sweetango or jazz, maybe they don't ship them to the midwest.
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    GALA!!
  • ClearedSkies
    Options
    Organic! Gala or Yellow Delicious depending on my mood, but once you go organic you'll never go back. (Supermarket apples that is, fresh off the tree is different)
  • dragonmom14
    Options
    Jazz
    Empire
    Sonia
    Fuji

Really, any of the extra firm varieties. Never heard of sweetango though. Would love to try it.
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I. Love. Apples.
    Red delicious, Golden, Granny Smith, Braeburn, Winesap...
    I will take them all please.
    Winsap seems to have a lower calorie count then most (according to my diary) but it also has a very gritty texture which turns a couple people off.
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Honey Crisp, then Pink Lady's and Braeburns. Braeburns make the best apple pie ever. Hands down, no questions asked. Diced up, precook the filling, they hold their shape and are lovely sweet tart, even better then granny smith, especially with a crumb topping.

I make a mean apple pie, not gonna lie.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith FTW
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the honey crisp is so damn addictive. Especially when it's all big and juicy and orchard fresh. OH MAN.