30 lbs challenge

Options

Replies

• megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Slim- Good for you! It's great to mix things around every now and then. and Great you saw a reduction on the scale!

I'm going to be starting Zumba for the Wii either today or tomorrow. I'm hoping it motivates me enough to stay off my butt and keep moving. I've been feeling really lazy lately and I hate it. My body is feeling so gross and it annoys me.
  • Cachou99
    Options
    Any room for me? Yeah, I'm in. 30lbs loss as a short term goal is awesome.
  • neudeb12
    neudeb12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in! thanks!
  • merilayne
    merilayne Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My goal is also to shed 30lbs. Good luck to everyone
  • Jenn037
    Jenn037 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am on my way to loose the first 30 lbs and I would love to do this with you so we can support each other. I am also on a 1200-1300 calorie diet and work out 3-4 times a week. I have more than 30 to loose lol lol but I know I will get there,, feel free to add me :)
  • kdakers1
    kdakers1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have about 25-30 pounds more to loose. I'm 43 and ready to be as fabulous on the outside as I am on the inside. My goal is about 2 pounds per week. I'm exercising 3 days a week with strength training and 5 days per week with cardio. I've already mapped out my exercise on fitness pal for the coming week. Next I will map out my food for the coming week. If I know what my next meal or snack is then i won't stray. Big revolution for me. If I don't know then my mind goes into "I better eat now" mode. Motivation to exercise is the hardest part.
  • lmloyd
    lmloyd Posts: 1
    Options
    You are on. Looks like you have a ton of supporters already.... like having another sibling... what's one more!!!
  • Slim140
    Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am feeling very discouraged today. I went to the gym yesterday and worked out with my trainer for 30 minutes, then minutes on my own and in the morning hiked for an hour and this morning the scale went up again to 183. Now last week I only weight trained 1 day which gave my muscles time to recuperate and just hiked 4 days. This is a real battle with working so hard exercising and seeing the scale go up. This morning I did a strenous hike for 2-1/2 hours. I hate being a fat hiker when all my other hiking buddies are so slim. its not fair!
  • megannxx
    Options
    Slim- maybe you are gaining more muscle with that training? Maybe your body is needing to build more muscle before it's able to shed more of the fat you want to lose? Just keep at it, I know you can do it!

For me, I'm back to working out, I started 2 nights ago and I'm feeling great. Today is my rest day, and I'm going to do my weigh in tomorrow morning and then do my workout. Getting back into working out is making me feel great! Well a little sore but great too!

I got this! We all got this!! I WILL NEVER QUIT!
  • yolandamch
    Options
    Hi, I hope its not too late to join. I am new to this site as recommended by a dietician.
    I need to lose 44 lbs. My goal for the next 5 weeks is to lose 7 lbs fingers crossed. :smile:
  • megannxx
    Options
    yolandamch- Welcome! There is always room for new people. =) You can do it, you just have to stick with it! =)
  • ZuraZue28
    Options
    I'm in. I still new with this MFP and need to get rid of 30lbs by 1st week of January 2013. Kinda hard but I just think positive that I also can do it for self-satisfaction :-)
  • destinysquest
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am joining tonight. I am currently at 197..my goalis to loose 30 more pounds. I have plateaued. Need motivation to get that last thirty pounds off.
  • megannxx
    Options
    Destinysquest- Welcome! and Wow! Congrats on the amazing loss!
  • kerrid72
    kerrid72 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Weight held steady even with a weekend getaway. :) I'm starting the Metabolism Miracle eating plan today. After reading some of the book, I think I can stick with this one... hopefully!
  • your_prototype
    Options
    I need to be apart of this group... I want to loose 80-100, 30lbs would be a great start I need help and motivation too!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Losing 30 would pretty much take me to to my goal, hoping to achieve it by the end of March 2013 although sooner is better!
  • llalpaca
    llalpaca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm aiming to lose 30 pounds too. I'm 30 (seems apt) and am on week 3 of Insanity. I seem to be very well-behaved Monday - Wednesday, then the weekend starts seeping in and I stop posting my calories on here. A daily reason to log in would be great!
  • megannxx
    Options
    The bloat from TOM is starting to go away, finally! I didnt do my weigh in on the 29th, so I'm going to be doing it on the 5th, going back to my weekly weigh ins. I get to do my progress pictures and measurements on monday as well. I'm not overly excited for it because I havent been doing that well in October. But I started up the Biggest Loser Boot Camp again on the 27th, and it's making me feel great, I'm going to be sticking with that and when I'm done it, I'm going to give the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred a go, if I can find it.

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Slim140
    Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok so it has been a little over 2 weeks since we started. How is everyone doing? Any changes, success stories?

For myself...i can say that i have been working out more than ever to get the 30 lbs. off. I have a personal trainer and boy does he make me sweat! I have been logging in every single day. I haven't lost any weight yet because i am building muscles but i know that if i keep it going i will be much thinner for the holidays.

I am keeping my calories within 1200 to 1500 cal a day and try not to eat my exercise calories. Last night i probably over indulged a little as it was Friday and i wanted to eat some BBQ ribs. I did work out really hard last night with my trainer so maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Today i hiked for 3 hours so i'll probably eat 1500 calories today. I am really looking forward to getting rid of these stubborn lbs. and be slim and athletic.