hurricane sandy

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

CoachReddy check your car lol imagine if that goes boom like dynamite!:laugh:

don't have one. i live in new york city.

Lucky :P
    i am indeed. saves me a lot of money.
  • memar0530
    memar0530 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here hoping and praying we don't lose power. I live in Philly and the wind is outside CRAZY! I also work in the education field so tomorrow will be day 2 with no work. The South Jersey shore is insane! Never seen anything like it. I worked out, did some work homework, followed the storm all day long, watched a little tv-I'M BORED!!!!!
  • Spiritwarrior3000
    Spiritwarrior3000 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

CoachReddy check your car lol imagine if that goes boom like dynamite!:laugh:

don't have one. i live in new york city.

Lucky :P
    i am indeed. saves me a lot of money.

I prefer to walk i dont have a car either :)
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Anyone?
  • Fitorbust73
    Fitorbust73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Also in Ontario... Wind is intense --- someones wind chimes ended up in my apple tree and I heard a very loud cracking sound from the back part of my garden... Praying the 150 year old maple doesn't land on neighbours house.... My 12 year old filled every container and glass we own with water... Reminds me of that alien movie contact....
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    getting drunnnnk! :P
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Pictures today from Sandy:

9eSZ9.jpg

horse1.gif

ovXVD.jpg

A6Z-SxgCcAAwRyD.jpg

Seriously though stay say east coast!
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    lolol some gotta love the internets
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

Still have power. A window broke in the house and it sounds like some siding was stripped and possibly part of the roof. A shed blew into the yard and various landscaping tools from the neighbor......The only really bad thing that occurred was my fiance's cat passed away in the early morning and we buried her before things started to get really bad. Hoping the rain didn't loosen the soil. I don't want to find her body floating somewhere else.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Options
    Also in Ontario... Wind is intense --- someones wind chimes ended up in my apple tree and I heard a very loud cracking sound from the back part of my garden... Praying the 150 year old maple doesn't land on neighbours house.... My 12 year old filled every container and glass we own with water... Reminds me of that alien movie contact....

I didnt prepare for anything at all because I really didnt think it would hit us this hard. Im such a wimp...I hate it.
    Everyone is sleeping and Im here switching between MFP...the news, police scanner and facebook.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Options
    I had to take down all my halloween decrations and chairs and stuff because I already lost a few decorations....Had to fetch my patio chair and get the recyling bins that were a few houses away. I dont care about my stuff...I really dont want someone getting hurt. Already a woman dead from a falling sign and a man dead from a fallen tree!
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I hear a transformer exploded in manhattan. I hope it was a decepticon.

I was watching a hand held web cam and saw that happen - then all the lights went out, later I saw a news item they were trying to rescue Con Edison workers from there that were trapped by flooding.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    Coincidence or cause/effect?
    Interest in science and math souvirely decreases by about the same rate that hurricane deaths increase between 2000 and 2010.

I'd reckon to say that statistics speak for themselves.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the DC or Baltimore area want to chime in and share how things are going for you guys? I have family in that area, and we can't get ahold of anyone.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    For those of you still checking in - I'm still watching the news out here on the W Coast....

~~ Saw video of a man and his kids that had to escape out of their 2nd story window into sewage filled water surrounding their house - being saved by rescue personnel - (EVACUATION RULE #1 - ACTUALLY EVACUATE)

~~ Saw video of burning wires after a tree toppled near a house.... authorities said there was nothing that could be done other than just watch it (hopefully) burn itself out.... can't recall location

~~ Rockaway/Queens - video of people running from the boardwalk/waves.... (STUPID people just standing there.... seriously?)... water had to be 6ft high at one point

~~ Carroll Gardens (?)... a tree landing on what looked like a Jeep Cherokee....

~~ Reports of a man being killed by a falling tree - not sure where (news didn't say)

~~ Footage of a man that worked 20 years of his life to build a business, only to check on it after the worst of the rain to find furniture from the back of his business in the FRONT of the business... so he knows his entire business has been flood damaged. Guy said his house and family were fine, but the guy just lost everything he's worked for the last 20 years... :\

~~ There's a crane in Manhattan off of the expensive high rise and it is dangling off the side of the building. The crane was being whipped around by 100mph winds earlier and building inspectors (etc) say they will probably have to get another crane to get the damaged one down....

~~ Storm surge levels: The Battery - 13.88ft, Kings Point - 14.17ft, Sandy Hook - 13.31ft

Hoboken, NJ is repeatedly being shown on the news out here. Seems Hoboken really got pummeled by the storm..... there is a curfew now in Hoboken now through 1pm Tuesday.

Edited because I didn't complete a sentence up there!
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    ~~ The last time hurricane made landfall in NJ was in 1903... even though it's now being called a "NorEaster" (did I spell that right?)

~~ There's over 11 feet of water in the Brooklyn/Battery Tunnel

~~ Re: 8th Ave building collapse - no injuries or people trapped (wow)

~~ There's 4ft of seawater entering East River subway tunnels

~~ Hoboken, Madison & Marshall PSE & G substations are flooded

~~ Mayor Bloomberg has cancelled NYC Public Schools for Tuesday

~~ The Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of NY in Manhattan, Bronx and SI are closed tomorrow

~~ City Employees in NYC "should try their best to get to work tomorrow" (I SWEAR that was on the news!)

~~ Most of Atlantic City is under water & part of the Boardwalk has floated away....
  • FitnessPalWorks
    Options
    ~~ 16 deaths associated nationwide due to this storm.....

:\

:frown:
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Any updates from around New Haven, CT or Bergen County, NJ? I'm on the West coast but have family in those areas. I already read the news but sometimes it's better to hear reports from people who are there.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    LOL! Some people are gonna find there cars floating off in the rivers

why is this LOL?

you're starting to piss me off

If that pisses you off check the comments on youtube that would really piss off anyone
    You're a pretty worthless excuse for a human being.