REAL MFP women, weight training Befores and Afters

Replies

• mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    BEFORE: Age 45
    2005.jpg

AFTER: Age 51
    Whitebikinitwodumbbells.jpg

Congratulations! I would never guess that you were 51! You look much younger!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    I truly love you all so much.
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Kudos to you all. NROLFW should be a Christmas stocking stuffer for all.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Before:
    IMAG0476.jpg
    IMAG0474.jpg
    IMAG0473.jpg

After:
    2012-09-02_14-26-46_717.jpg
    2012-09-07_17-25-05_511.jpg
    2012-09-07_17-24-54_148.jpg
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    What I love about strength training? When the "dieters" are worried about how to lose the most pounds, and THIS is only five pounds. :heart:

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

No deprivation required.
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    how do you attach pictures?
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    I'm just about to start out on the NROL4W program so have loved seeing this. So much inspiration in one thread! Thankyou to everyone who has posted their progress pics, I am in awe of each and every one of you.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Ahhh! CAN'T..FREAKIN'..WAIT to start lifting! :D
    So many amazing transformations!
  • thoseblueeyes
    thoseblueeyes Posts: 812 Member
    what's NROL4W?
  • what's NROL4W?

New Rules of Lifting 4 Women.
  • WhitneyJerome
    WhitneyJerome Posts: 80 Member
    So I keep seeing the term "barbie weights" How much did you guys start with for each exersice and how much do you lift now? I've been really wanting to get into weight lifting but I don't know where to start without a gym membership or a personal trainer

BTW fantastic job ladies you are an insperation ;-)
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Going to step up my lifting & organize my program - thanks for the inspiration!
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Awesome!! I do weights too but not that heavy as many female here. Gosh missed my days with my ex training on weights. It helps a lot in building muscles toning n shaping being more define in cutting n shape.
    Gosh hope to get back to good programme on weights lifting again. Thanks for your sharing! ^.^
  • kiachu
    kiachu Posts: 409 Member
    Awesome!! I do weights too but not that heavy as many female here.

We all started somewhere.
  • Question for you lifting ladies... Sorry of its already been asked ... What exactly is lifting ? I know it's lifting weights but do you do specific lifting programs or just go to the gym and use all the weight machines??? Help!!!
    Someone point me in the right direction!
    Clueless:)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Question for you lifting ladies... Sorry of its already been asked ... What exactly is lifting ? I know it's lifting weights but do you do specific lifting programs or just go to the gym and use all the weight machines??? Help!!!

That would depend I guess. A lot of women on here are following New Rules of Lifting for Women (NROL4W I think is how they wrote it). It's a book if you want to check it out.
    Me, I follow a program. Some people make their own, I need to have something set out for me. My trainer sets my programs for me (she doesn't work out with me though but will go over the program and do demos).
    My workouts tend to not include machines, although I do incorporate a few. Not sure what everyone else does.

When people talk about lifting heavy, it is a relative term meaning what is heavy for them.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Question for you lifting ladies... Sorry of its already been asked ... What exactly is lifting ? I know it's lifting weights but do you do specific lifting programs or just go to the gym and use all the weight machines??? Help!!!

In this sense, "Lifting" means lifting HEAVY. As in, as heavy as you possibly can so that you can only do the number of reps your program states and no more. A lot of them will be as few as 4 or up to 12 reps. NROLFW starts you at 15 reps because it knows that you're going to underestimate how much you can actually lift so it gives you higher reps and then decreases them as you go.

I started by reading NROLFW, I can't really afford a trainer but this book has a lot of information about how much to eat for lifting, some recipes, why lifting is good for you, warm up routines, and a 6 month lifting program. I however did not follow the lifting program all the way through (just through stage 5) because I got bored of it and the workouts are really long. I think for a beginner (I was clueless when I started too!) it's a great read regardless of whether not you do the program. It's only 12 dollars on amazon.

I agree with 3dogsrunning that I need to be following a program to lift heavy, so now I'm following Stronglifts 5x5. It has an iphone app for tracking your workouts which makes it really simple. It's also a very simple program that has 5 different combination lifts that you repeat every other workout (3 one day, 3 the other, squats are on both days). I might throw in some isolation moves when I am further into the program and I always do my own abs work at the end, but I like how simple and straight forward this program is, no complicated crazy lifts.

Feel free to ask me any questions you want about lifting heavy now that we're friends :)
  • AXAGEM
    AXAGEM Posts: 56 Member
    Wow, these pictures are so inspiring! Well done all you ladies and thanks for posting.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Wow! I saw the first thread and I'm just in awe!! Very very inspiring!! Those that posted pictures, what a transformation!! How do u knw when to increase the weights?

Which program is best, new rules or strong lift??
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Mrsmustgetmuscles

Kimbefore.jpg
    KimbackDBLBI.jpg