Happiness is a Myth

Options

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'm happy. Even when I'm flat broke, worn down, and physically miserable...I'm still happy. :smile:
    Cheers! :drinker:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Happiness is not a myth. It's a choice.

If you are a miserable douche, it's usually because you wann to be.
    Which will lead to choices that will make your life miserable.

Definitely, Happiness is a choice. Not an easy choice, but a choice nonetheless.
    And I choose to be happy.
  • emfischer90
    emfischer90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/search/?q=happiness+quotes... i know this is cliche and stupid, but I there are several on this page that I would like to share with you... maybe it will provide a little insight. Sorry for all the rude posters,
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Happiness is a choice.

Even when nearly everything points to being miserable, it is a strong person who CHOOSES to be happy, smile, laugh, and enjoy what little they have.

Tell yourself it's a Wonderful day, then start listing the reasons why. Start with this one: "I'm alive." Then, "I have the ability to see, hear, taste, smell, and *feel*." Continue this pattern.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Beer provides hours of bliss.

Fact.

Marry me.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

I became happy the day I decided to be happy with what I had and not worry about the stuff I didn't have. Stuff / jobs / people / things / food does not make a person happy. A person makes a person happy.

Oh except for the beer thing, beer makes me happy. Except for the next day when it turns up with a mallet and caves my head in but I forgive it as we had such fun the night before :):laugh: :drinker: :glasses:
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Why so glum?

I wanna be a glow worm.
    I glow worm is never glum
    How can you be grumpy
    When the sun shines out your bum.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    If you choose to believe that ...............your life sucks lol

I choose to be happy even with the bumps in the road !!! Sometimes it's the bumps that make you a better person

Agreed!
  • KitchenAbs
    Options
    Lifting weights makes me happy until I go to bed. Then I wake up happy cause I know I'm going to lift again!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Were you trying to depress me? Because I think you managed it.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Happiness cannot be attained from any outside source for Happiness is a feeling, it is within us - if you are not happy with self there is nothing outside of self which will accomplish that feeling... outside sources only enhance your own happiness, they do not provide it...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    :frown:

UekEj.jpg
  • bpdai
    bpdai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you choose to believe that ...............your life sucks lol

I choose to be happy even with the bumps in the road !!! Sometimes it's the bumps that make you a better person

Amen, brother!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    hahaha. That was a good laugh. I'm sorry to hear your outlook on life is so sad and pathetic. I'd have to say that I'm one of the happiest people I know. I love my job, and I don't need any money, or cake, or beer, or sex to make me happy! I'm happy 24/7. If you fell you need things and events to make you happy, you're doing it wrong.

You're just a victim to modern's society's need for materialistic things. Sucks to be you.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Being Happy is a myth...Its an illusion to what we all are trying to attain. In everything we do in our daily lives its this deluded concept that what we are doing can somehow make us happy. We go to our jobs to slave away and earn a few dollars to buy stuff. We bite into a warm chocolate chip cookie for 5 seconds of bliss. A cigarette, a drink, a relationship, SEX. None of it is happiness its this false short lived instant... a brief moment. Its all a lie

The cake is also a lie...

NO - the cake is delicious and moist.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Unfortunately my view of happiness is kind of like yours...for me, I feel like happiness is a transient state that occurs now and then and that can just as easily be ripped from my grasp at any moment. I feel like I am always bracing myself for the next sh*tty thing that will happen in my life. But while you can't choose what happens to you, you can choose to alter how you think about it.

It's just that "thinking positive" is a hell of a lot easier for some folks than it is for others. Which doesn't make unhappy people miserable douches as some rude comments on here imply. Maybe the OP is seriously depressed....or maybe they're just trolling. Who really knows. Being happy is not easy for some people, but it's still worth the effort.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

You need moar....

Cowbell.gif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    "Happiness is given way too much importance these days. Why not go for greatness?

Chimps are happy. I will not settle for that."

To counter your argument: Greatness lasts for eternity. Why not stop trying to be happy, and aim for greatness. Happiness is just a by-product of that.
  • unJunk
    unJunk Posts: 29
    Options

The cake is also a lie...

LOL...this made me laugh for realz... thank you
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options

You need moar....

Cowbell.gif

WIN!!!