Bump!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, great info. I've book marked your site and look forward to reading your articles.
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    bumped and bookmarked. Thank you (even though its an old post!)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, glad to hear you're finding this information useful. And yeah, it's an older thread, but the post would still apply to many.
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. Thanks!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, glad to hear you're finding this information useful. And yeah, it's an older thread, but the post would still apply to many.

Older or not still a great, awesome post!! :)
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Thanks. Concise, reliable and to the point, as usual.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Great info :) this is similar to strong lifts 5x5
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I lift at the gym Monday and Thursday so this information really helps. I am doing a combination or strong lift and New Rules for Life, but I think that your posting will be very beneficial.

I need to Google some of the exercises because I am not familiar with all of them, and I do need to modify many things due to knees and shoulder problems.

Thanks again.
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've never done strength training, so none of this makes sense to me. Can you recommend something in writing (with illustrations) explaining all these moves? Thanks!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    This is similar to The New Rules of Lifting for Women, although it is recommended to do a full body 3x week if possible. :smile:
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Great info :) this is similar to strong lifts 5x5

I can't say that I've ever actually look at what strong lifts 5x5 entails. But I think you'll find many similarities between programs that are a) quality and b) earmarked for the same goals.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    Thank you, I lift at the gym Monday and Thursday so this information really helps. I am doing a combination or strong lift and New Rules for Life, but I think that your posting will be very beneficial.

I need to Google some of the exercises because I am not familiar with all of them, and I do need to modify many things due to knees and shoulder problems.

Thanks again.

You're welcome... feel free to fire any questions you have my way.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    I've never done strength training, so none of this makes sense to me. Can you recommend something in writing (with illustrations) explaining all these moves? Thanks!

Writing and illustrations? Why not video? If you google any one of those moves, you'll find more videos than you can shake a stick at.
  • stroutman81
    Options
    This is similar to The New Rules of Lifting for Women, although it is recommended to do a full body 3x week if possible. :smile:

Haven't read this either. I read the first NROL way back when. I stopped supporting the Cosgroves when I realized they're more into marketing than they are pumping out solid information. Plus they stole/plagiarized Lyle McDonald, whom I consider a friend... and that's not cool.