what's made you see red at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I set my towel and ipod with headphones on an elliptical and ran to the bathroom. There was no one else in that area. When I came out, a woman was on THAT elliptical, with all the others empty, USING MY IPOD AND HEADPHONES and had the towel around her neck. I walked up and motioned for her to her, she pulled one headphone out and I said "ummmm, can I get my stuff out of your way?" (I was trying to be polite!) She says "Oh, is this yours? I thought it came with the machine."

REALLY? What gym do you go to that gives out iPods, preloaded with purchased music, with each elliptical? I went home and disinfected the earphones!

That's got to be a winner.

Yep, you definitely win! That's ridiculous! :noway:
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I set my towel and ipod with headphones on an elliptical and ran to the bathroom. There was no one else in that area. When I came out, a woman was on THAT elliptical, with all the others empty, USING MY IPOD AND HEADPHONES and had the towel around her neck. I walked up and motioned for her to her, she pulled one headphone out and I said "ummmm, can I get my stuff out of your way?" (I was trying to be polite!) She says "Oh, is this yours? I thought it came with the machine."

REALLY? What gym do you go to that gives out iPods, preloaded with purchased music, with each elliptical? I went home and disinfected the earphones!

That's got to be a winner.

Yep, you definitely win! That's ridiculous! :noway:

As the OP, I've read through this whole thread and THIS TAKES THE CAKE! Oh my word! Special people... Very special.... I think they need their own gym! I can only imagine the horridly awkward moment of confrontation! Eek!
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When someone uses a machine and doesn't wipe it after..gross
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    When people stand around gawking at the t.v. instead of moving their a$$es
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    The smell of underarm BO. Gag. Is that really necessary? There's a whole section of deodorants and antiperspirants in drug stores these days... some of them are organic and just about all of them work ...if you apply them...

Reading all these posts confirms my reasons for going to Curves.

Hollycat:flowerforyou:
  • mabernier
    mabernier Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Rock on and show me! Give 'em hell!
  • sisierra
    Options
    I don't like it when people decide to give pointers and think they know everything. I'd get it if my form were bad but what if I'm doing something to target a different part of the muscle??? I'm not a fan of know-it-alls!

I'd have to say....................they might of just been looking for an excuse to mosey on over to you...............I'd probably tell you something about your form too..................(completely unknowledgeable gym guy here)................"hey ah............let me show you something here.........about that form.......".....LOL

Ever stop to think that "correcting" a girl on her form when she knows what she's doing will be taken as an insult, not a compliment? Jeez.

I personally love being corrected, anything that will prevent me from screwing up my body is wholly welcomed. and i think I would be able to tell if someone was "correcting my form" for flirtations or seriousness, so no need to be insulted
  • tlsegar
    tlsegar Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It didn't make me see red, but I almost hurt myself trying not to laugh uncontrollably - a man was on the the thigh adductor machine and reading the newspaper. I mean the newspaper was spread wide open and he had to have been doing like 60 reps a minute.
  • Goddessmaker1
    Goddessmaker1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Tonight a lady was mean to me in a class. I don't understand why some people feel the need to cut other people down for no reason. We were in HEAT class (circuits and running laps. it's hard) We were only in the warmup and she commented with her face all scrunched up that if I'm sweating already maybe I better take an easier class. I told her I don't need an easier class. I also informed her that I was sweating because I'd already been working out for 3 hours and I had just finished doing 12 miles. She rolled her eyes at me and said she was just trying to help. I replied that I didn't ask for or want her "help" and that if she knew how hard it was for someone 285 lbs to come into a hard class like this and do their best among the fit people then she would probably keep her opinions to herself. She walked away with her tail between her legs. I was smug later when I noticed she had to sit out for at least one circuit because she was having a hard time keeping up. Who needs the easier class now? She was looking pretty sweaty too. I didn't even care when she was talking about me to her friend during the cool down. You know what? I'd love to see her try to do just one of my workouts.

Honey you good because I would have broken that chicks nose period. Who the hell are you with your ugly behind..I'm a bit mad now let me relax.

My pet peeve is folks who talk to me. I don't know you bro please leave me the hell alone and mind your business and do what you came in here to do. I don't like people esp at the gym because this isn't social hour. After going to a crappy job all day where people are trying to get you fired I want to workout and relax in peace.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Tonight a lady was mean to me in a class. I don't understand why some people feel the need to cut other people down for no reason. We were in HEAT class (circuits and running laps. it's hard) We were only in the warmup and she commented with her face all scrunched up that if I'm sweating already maybe I better take an easier class. I told her I don't need an easier class. I also informed her that I was sweating because I'd already been working out for 3 hours and I had just finished doing 12 miles. She rolled her eyes at me and said she was just trying to help. I replied that I didn't ask for or want her "help" and that if she knew how hard it was for someone 285 lbs to come into a hard class like this and do their best among the fit people then she would probably keep her opinions to herself. She walked away with her tail between her legs. I was smug later when I noticed she had to sit out for at least one circuit because she was having a hard time keeping up. Who needs the easier class now? She was looking pretty sweaty too. I didn't even care when she was talking about me to her friend during the cool down. You know what? I'd love to see her try to do just one of my workouts.

Honey you good because I would have broken that chicks nose period. Who the hell are you with your ugly behind..I'm a bit mad now let me relax.

My pet peeve is folks who talk to me. I don't know you bro please leave me the hell alone and mind your business and do what you came in here to do. I don't like people esp at the gym because this isn't social hour. After going to a crappy job all day where people are trying to get you fired I want to workout and relax in peace.

Damn girl.................you need some R&R time................maybe a massage with a bubble bath after words............possibly a little champagne, and a few candles burning....
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    OOPS.....fixed my post and posted below.
  • SherrysLife2012
    Options
    And my BIGGEST pet peeve of all is when someone points out to me the fact that I'm overweight....REALLY, thanks, because I didn't notice and hhhhmmmm.....guess that is why I'm at the gym!!

what?! under what circumstances would someone say that?

Believe it, it happens all the time and I've quit going to gyms at times because I get tired of the rudeness. One time I had a lady follow me all over the gym saying "just tell me what you weigh, I've never seen anyone as huge as you before, what do you weigh, just tell me....omg, your so fat", I just kept ignoring her, as I do most people who make fun of me, but my friend that I was there working out with told her off, but she still kept after me, so my friend went and complained to staff and they did nothing, so I left. In the past, I let those ignorant people get to me and would comfort myself with food....NOT no more, this time is so different from the past.....its all about me now and I don't care what others say, people can be so mean, but they have no idea what I've gone through in life, so now I block them out and carry on.
  • sisierra
    Options
    And my BIGGEST pet peeve of all is when someone points out to me the fact that I'm overweight....REALLY, thanks, because I didn't notice and hhhhmmmm.....guess that is why I'm at the gym!!

what?! under what circumstances would someone say that?

Believe it, it happens all the time and I've quit going to gyms at times because I get tired of the rudeness. One time I had a lady follow me all over the gym saying "just tell me what you weigh, I've never seen anyone as huge as you before, what do you weigh, just tell me....omg, your so fat", I just kept ignoring her, as I do most people who make fun of me, but my friend that I was there working out with told her off, but she still kept after me, so my friend went and complained to staff and they did nothing, so I left. In the past, I let those ignorant people get to me and would comfort myself with food....NOT no more, this time is so different from the past.....its all about me now and I don't care what others say, people can be so mean, but they have no idea what I've gone through in life, so now I block them out and carry on.

are you serious?! your're nicer than I am, because I definitely would have done something to get me kicked out the gym! the nerve of some people! goodness gracious!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when people decide to give pointers and think they know everything. I'd get it if my form were bad but what if I'm doing something to target a different part of the muscle??? I'm not a fan of know-it-alls!

I'd have to say....................they might of just been looking for an excuse to mosey on over to you...............I'd probably tell you something about your form too..................(completely unknowledgeable gym guy here)................"hey ah............let me show you something here.........about that form.......".....LOL

Ever stop to think that "correcting" a girl on her form when she knows what she's doing will be taken as an insult, not a compliment? Jeez.

I personally love being corrected, anything that will prevent me from screwing up my body is wholly welcomed. and i think I would be able to tell if someone was "correcting my form" for flirtations or seriousness, so no need to be insulted

Hence I said when she knows what she's doing.
  • kassandracat
    kassandracat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Children. At my old YMCA, their was a woman who would always bring her like five 8 year old kids & they would ALL be on the ellipticals laughing & goofing off, none of them were over weight, & there is a nursery & an age limit to be on the machines, our YMCA workers saw them, but they were lazy & never enforced gym rules.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    A lady (elderly, i have to point out) came upt o me when i was biking slowly and told me my cardio wasn't good enough as i wasn't burning any calories by going at such a slow speed. I was like 'wha?!?' And she said she knew a lot about fitness because she was very curious and she liked chatting to the fitness area monitors. Really, just wanted to slap her but all i could do was tell her to mind her own business.
    The thing is that i had my husband on the next bike and he still hadn't finished his own routine so I had my earphones hooked to the tv/radio thingy that only gets activated if you're actually using the machine. So i was going super slow just to listen to the tv shows. Of course i didn't feel i had to explain anything to this lady! She really got on my nerves, because she kept on insisting.

My other gym pet peeves are:

-people who don't bring a towel to the fitness area (and leave everything soaked with sweat, yuck!)
    - people who are using two weight training machines at once
    -people who reserve a spot at a certain machine by leaving a towel
    - people who like to flaunt their naked body at the changing' room and they don't get dressed until it's time for them to leave
    - people who bring little kids to the adults changing rooms and they stare at you when you are changing your clothes because they have never seen a fat naked person before. And of course the mother never teaches them to look away because it's rude. Not to mention when they dare to make a comment about some particular part of your naked body...

But the one that wins the prize for me is when new fitness monitor employees who don't know you assume you haven't worked out in your life just because you have a little belly protuding from your waist down... And they don't believe it when you tell them that you've been working out daily for the past year and lost almost 90 pounds and are al,ost at your goal weight... And they try to explain even the basic stuff and teach you nutrition basics when you ask them to change your routine *sigh*

I even had one telling me not to put more than 5 kilo on the weight bar because i was just starting... If only he knew!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    At my last gym I saw a very anorexic woman working out. And I do NOT say that lightly. I mean, she was like one that you would see on Dr. Phil, just like she could literally die any moment. I was not mad at HER mind you. But I was super pissed that they would give someone in such obvious poor health a membership there.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There's this one guy who always wears a red shirt...
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    What makes me see red?

Guys in the dressing room that I don't know that have an overwhelming need to strike up a conversation with me while completely naked. They just stand there naked and continue talking to you about something that you have no desire to talk about. Once they realize that you're not responding, they move on to another poor soul.
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    What makes me see red?

Guys in the dressing room that I don't know that have an overwhelming need to strike up a conversation with me while completely naked. They just stand there naked and continue talking to you about something that you have no desire to talk about. Once they realize that you're not responding, they move on to another poor soul.
    Argh, i thought that only happened in the women dressing room ;(