Options

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    congratulations to the both of you! great job
  • livingongraceandmercy
    Options
    Awesome you both did such a great job and most of all I love to see family come together as a team, supporting each other and giving love to one another , congrad's
  • imstrong4me
    Options
    wow that is amazing you look great im gald that i have mfp and it helped me out i was on here about 2 yrs ago but i kinda went away and didnt care and now im back i i started at 236 and it scared me being that heavy i now weigh 225 im gonna keep on going good luck to you and best wishes
  • tkgraham
    Options
    You are SO beautiful! Amazing story. My story except I wasn't really overweight until I was 16...puberty and bad eating habits. On 9/25/12, after a fasting lab to check a high blood sugar, I was given the diagnosis of Type II diabetes. I freaked out. I joined MFP (again) that day and will never look back. I'm your same height and was 243 on 9/25/12. I still have a hard time imagining I could be under 150 but I'm hoping I will be able to imagine it at some point. For now, 150 is my goal weight. That's 93 pounds. Heck, I can't imagine not wanting to go for 100! My primary goal, however, is to get rid of this diagnosis. I chose not to go on any medicine (although I've been on hbp medicine for over a year) and plan to be rid of the diagnosis within 6 months (AND the hbp medicine!)

I need friends on here for support. Some who are on my journey and some who are my inspiration such as you! Great job and all my best for the healthest, happiest life!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    You and your husband look wonder. I'm sure you feel great, too. What a wonderful change for your whole family!
  • ccreflections
    Options
    Nothing Typical about it...you did an amazing job!!! Amazing!!!:smile:
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Damn... just damn!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! HUGE CONGRATS!!! You look amazing!
  • kaylanlynnNW
    kaylanlynnNW Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    you both look great
  • ItsSamantha
    Options
    My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
    Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!

pants.jpg
    dress-2.jpg
    turners.jpg

Wow,AMAZING!!You both look great.Congrats on your weight loss along with your DH!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! Totally inspiring, thanks for sharing!
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are on this weight loss journey together too and I don't think I could do it without his support which I didn't have for a long time but he has really come around! I LOVE LOVE your story and your pictures you both look amazing thanks for sharing!
  • mslainie
    Options
    So inspiring thank you for your story!
  • viccigb
    viccigb Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!
  • katieheston
    Options
    Thank you for sharing such a FANTASTIC story! My husband and I are where you and your hubs were. We are going to take this one day at a time and at our own pace. SO good to see that it CAN be done!
  • Tinepuce
    Options
    Wow ! Vous êtes fantastiques tous les deux, votre histoire est vraiment inspirante car moi aussi je suis une femme marée et maman et bien ordinaire mais je suis dans le même processus. Merci de ce beau partage, ca fait du bien de vous lire.

Tine 69 xxx
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing! I just finished P90X with my hubby and it is so much better to have your partner help, push and motivate you along the way! Congrats to you both!
  • missfit17
    Options
    just joined the site, yours is such an inspiring story well done!
  • inflationary
    inflationary Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    this is awesome. I can't wait to do a before and after as awesome as this.
  • SunnyBellaB
    Options
    You look great, thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!