100 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!

Options

Replies

• Navotc
    Navotc Posts: 97
    Options
    Great job, you and your DH! STUNNING progress for both of you! My DH and I are each down about 35 lbs. More to go, but grateful for what we've done, and inspired by pics like yours. Thanks so much for sharing them!
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    How inspiring!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!

I'm half way there and can't wait for the day I can declare the same!! :-)
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Fantastic dedication! Congrats to you and your husband :)
  • Lbekah72
    Lbekah72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Swear I teared up reading this!!!! Very REAL and inspiring!!! Congrats on a NEW long healthy life!!
    Well done
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You both look incredible!!!!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My story is typical of a lot of people here. I think the last time I was a normal weight, I was 5 years old. After years of yo-yo dieting, struggling with infertility, 2 rounds of IVF, a twin pregnancy and several major depressions I had reached 256 pounds (I’m 5’5”). I started in March of 2011 just trying to eat less and exercise. I was going at it blindly, I had no idea how much “less” to eat or how much exercise was “enough”. A friend introduced me to MFP and it just clicked. I never turned back!
    Today I weighed in at 155 pounds!! I went from wearing a size 24 to a size 10!!

Untitled3.jpg

My whole lifestyle has changed and I will never go back to that person I was a year and a half ago. My family is healthier and happier. We are an active family now and my boys get to enjoy things like go swimming with their parents, bike rides, kayaking and hiking trips. My DH has been on this journey with me and has lost 72 pounds of his own. He is amazing and I love him so much and I am so proud of him too!!

Todd.jpg

It took me about 18 months. I had to change up what I was doing several times along the way. Right now I eat around my BMR and do 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week and ST 2x a week. My daily diet is not perfect and I enjoy the occasional “free day,” but try not to go crazy. I hit “pause” and “reset” a few times, but I never, not once allowed myself to even consider giving up. Not for one second.

I’m just a regular person. I was overweight my whole life! I am a busy wife and mom, I work full-time. I love junk food and I still don’t particularly like exercise, but I am dedicated to a better life for myself and my family. I am 5 pounds away from “normal” and 15 pounds from my ultimate goal, something I never thought would be possible! Seriously, if I can do this anyone can! Don’t ever give up! Good luck to you all!!!

pants.jpg
    dress-2.jpg
    turners.jpg

wow... fabulous....you guys look amazing. good on you. thank-you for sharing : )
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You both look awesome!:smile:
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, both of you!!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!!!! Congratulations!!! I dream of being able to post one of these threads one day. It is my ultimate weight loss fantasy!!!
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you, you both have done an amazing job. It is always great to read something like this, it truly gives someone like me hope. Thanks.
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow, truly inspiring! Congrats to you both, you guys look great!
  • toridehaven
    Options
    What an amazing inspiration! Thank you for sharing. I am at the beginning of my 100 pound weight loss journey. Its scary but I know it will be worth it! You both look great congratulations!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    What an amazing, inspirational story!!! Thank you for sharing! You and your hubby look FANTASTIC and should be SO PROUD of yourselves!!!
  • EmiVReyes
    EmiVReyes Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    congrats that's so awesome!! I hope to be at 100 lbs lost by the time i get to 18 months of my weight loss journey this is so inspiring! I'm sending you a friend request. Hopefully you don't mind :)
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow u both look incredibl!!! Amazing job well done
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! It's motivating to see your amazing pictures!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    Such a great success story!! And it is amazing that your husband was right there with you. You look wonderful, congrats on such a huge accomplishment!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You guys don't even look like the same couple. Congratulations on your new lives!
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! It was reading inspirational stories like this on MFP that encouraged me to try it out! I hope to be where you are very soon hopefully the new year! We started out in very similar places weight wise. WONDERFUL JOB! I know how hard it was. The best to both of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!