What do you guys do for a living?

Options

Replies

• citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Cds worker with mentally challenged seniors mostly although I have worked with younger individuals who have brain injuries. I took this job 6 years ago because I wanted to help people and yes it is rewarding but it can also be very stressful.
  • colleenrutledge
    Options
    I am a technical Support Advisor for Apple products, I originally went to school for Culinary Management, and wouldnt change my job.
  • ealmy
    ealmy Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm a male stripper, money hasn't been that good, considering the way I currently look, so I'm changing to sales.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm in medical billing, have been since my first job (part-time, nights) when I was 16. People have told me to get certification for coding (I'd make more money) but frankly I'm getting tired of it. Sitting in front of a computer all day long, submitting claims and dealing with irate patients on the phone. I'd rather be doing something more creative.

What I really should do is finish my novel that I started many moons ago. That's my dream - to be a successful published author of fiction and (gasp) poetry. But they say, print is dead. What to do, what to do...

@Divadivax - your great-grandfather is 102? Did I read that right? WOW.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I develop performance textiles...

That's awesome! Maybe you make what I sell?

I went to school for English and taught high school for a few years. Now I manage my fiance's outdoor shop. The stress levels have gone down and the fun has gone way up. I love my job and the benefits of meeting amazing athletes, sales reps, do gear testing, and being able to go climb/hike/run just about whenever.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    teach high school Spanish
    This is my 5th year and Ilike it about 95% of the time.
    I like that even if you have a horrific day, the next day might turn out to be the best day ever :)
  • martymays
    martymays Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Own an auto parts store
  • doublegLA
    Options
    teach high school Spanish
    This is my 5th year and Ilike it about 95% of the time.
    I like that even if you have a horrific day, the next day might turn out to be the best day ever :)

5th year? You don't look old enough to have been teaching that long already!

Also, I work in TV
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mom, and CEO of our household. Before this, I worked in an auto repair shop. My real dream was always to train horses and teach people to ride. Its kinda sidelined now with a toddler and another baby on the way! I can still dream though.
  • book_worm4
    Options
    I'm an undergrad student right now majoring in psychology. After grad school I want to be a marriage and family counselor. I love psychology, and I can't wait to be done with school and actually doing a job I love.
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I own a cool web design business I run from my comfy home office... I have no complaints it's a dream lifestyle I worked my *kitten* off to get established and we really are blessed...
  • xx5uperman24xx
    Options
    I am in the United States Air Force :) been doing it for 2 years now, deployed once already.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Don't shortchange yourself, person who is 50! I am 50 also, and am just finishing a job I had for 17 years, and am working on a graduate degree and started a small company, and consult for others--I think that anyone at any age can change their situations for the better. Some jobs are not glamourous, but they can pay the bills, like using your experience to help others--good luck.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm an archaeologist, But I'm starting a Museum Studies MA Next year. The pay isn't great but it's what I love :) As long as I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge I'm happy digging a ditch or working in a museum :)
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Stay at home mom to 5 boys, my husband works at an aluminum plant plus we own and operate our farm. So I guess Im a farmgirl. We have been blessed that we are able to afford me staying home,
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Stay at home mom to 5 boys, my husband works at an aluminum plant plus we own and operate our farm. So I guess Im a farmgirl. We have been blessed that we are able to afford me staying home,
    I went to college to be a physical therapist though.
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm trying to get ready to go to uni and figure out what I wanna do for the rest of my life. (No pressure)
    I'm kinda having trouble choosing just one thing since there are a lot of things I'd like to do. I think I might try to be an animator since everyone in my family has been telling me since I was a kid I have real talent in artistic things, and I am pretty good I think, so it might be worth a shot. However I was just wondering what some of you guys might do for a living and if you enjoy it, if you'd change it, whatever! Picking a job is kinda a necessity for everyone, eh?

Lol probably not any help but I make my living in the United States Air Force....and love it
  • kentuckypaul
    kentuckypaul Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm Executive Director of the local Food Pantry. The pay isn't the greatest, but working with people and problems is what I have been called to do.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Detective with Sheriff's Office for 23+ years-full time.
    Juvenile Pre-Trial Diversion Officer- 18 years part time.
    Private Security-9 years part time.
    I absolutely love it!
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I was a police officer for 30 yrs now doing security work for another city agency