NEW SHRED GROUP-DAY 11

Options

Replies

• mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    L2D4....that's 14 days straight...I was exhausted tonight..and I did more modified moves than normal, but I still did it! Half way there!
    I bought the Biggest Loser Cardio Max today..I plan on giving it a try Tuesday and Wednesday(my days off!)

Hope everyone is doing well!

GREAT JOB Karen!!! Way to push through it!!!!!14 days straight!!! You inspire me!!!!!GET IT GIRL!!!!!! Your doing GREAT! I am on my 12th day straight, and was thinking of taking a day off..But everyday I think of taking a day off I think well it's only 25 minutes..

Keep it going!!!!:drinker:
  • crmldlyte
    crmldlyte Posts: 64
    Options
    D11/L2 DONE...barely....but DONE. I hate this level and I don't think I'm making the most out of my workout just for the simple fact that there is hardly a circuit that I can get through without resting. I'm considering going back to level 1 but will continue shredding no matter what. I can hardly do ANY of the stupid plank exercises. UGH!!!

I totally hear you!!! It is a tough workout, but I believe it will get easier...and if not "easier" then doable. DON'T give up!!! Keep pushing through L2, you can do it! If you go back to L1 it really isn't preparing you for the plank exercises in L2.. Just do what you can, and modify the rest (that's what I'm doing).. If you feel like you need to add another exercise after then do that to supplement the burn that you feel you are missing. It will make you stronger in the long run to push through it unless of course you are experiencing pain.

Keep pushing!!! Let us know how it goes! You can do it!!:flowerforyou:

Thanks Rose! I'm going to do the best I can at level 2...8 more days & I can't wait to be done! I can't even keep up with Anita!! And poor Natalie...I feel bad for her!
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What is the shred????
  • mmrose00
    Options
    What is the shred????

It is a Fitness dvd by Jillian Michaels from The Biggest Loser, it consists of 3 Workouts (Levels) - 25 minutes each ( cardio, strength training and abs circuits) designed to be done in 30 days..
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    Okay I'm going crazy from not working out in 2 days! I never thought not working out would bother me so much. I had such a busy day Thursday and took it as a rest day. Then yesterday I had even more to do and was out most of the day and night and TOM just put me in a bad mood by the time I got home. I start my second job on Monday and have a ton of homework to get done this weekend. I will be working 12 days straight starting Monday and next weekend will really suck working both jobs in the same day. But I'm going to get my workouts in no matter what. I woke up today with a cold and can barely breathe, but I'm taking some meds while I get some work done and then hopefully I can breathe enough later to do my workout!

You all are doing sooooo great! I can't wait to get started on Level 2 now!! Keep it up!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    L1D10 CHECK. I'm glad I'll be starting L2 on a Sunday because it sounds like it could cause a bad case of calling in sick to work!

I know I had thought about staying at L1 until I could do it all but I need a changeup.

I thought I would get some steroids at the dr yesterday but instead I got some vicodin...so last night I got really looped and did some yoga then slept for 10 hours...I have to admit i do feel a little better though lol :)
  • mmrose00
    Options
    D13 L2 IN THE BAG!!! Honestly it is certainly becoming more manageable, still a challenge but certainly more manageable then it was 3 days ago!

I think I am addicted! I have gone 13 days straight with the thought everyday of taking a day off ..I do believe in giving your body a break, but everyday I wake up and put my workout gear on pop that DVD in and just get it!

This morning I did my first impromptu 5k..It kicked my butt, but I completed it!! then I got in and Shredded! MADNESS! Total Madness!

Well ..I guess I will keep going until my body says "NO MAS"!

Keep shredding Shredders!!! Have a Great weekend!!
  • callie365
    callie365 Posts: 689
    Options
    Okay I'm going crazy from not working out in 2 days! I never thought not working out would bother me so much. I had such a busy day Thursday and took it as a rest day. Then yesterday I had even more to do and was out most of the day and night and TOM just put me in a bad mood by the time I got home. I start my second job on Monday and have a ton of homework to get done this weekend. I will be working 12 days straight starting Monday and next weekend will really suck working both jobs in the same day. But I'm going to get my workouts in no matter what. I woke up today with a cold and can barely breathe, but I'm taking some meds while I get some work done and then hopefully I can breathe enough later to do my workout!

You all are doing sooooo great! I can't wait to get started on Level 2 now!! Keep it up!

Same here... just hacking away...No Shred for me :cry: :cry: :cry: I'll do my Stationary bike later.. though.

Feel better fast Jerzee! :flowerforyou:
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options

I am so glad you checked in..I was getting worried about you! Get better soon!...You can do it!
  • karen366
    Options
    L2D5....Half way there! I am still having issues with the pendulum lunges(is that what it's called..) Anyhow, still working on balance, but I am getting better. I was able to do most of the cardio...still doing most of the plank jacks...still had to rest once on the second section..it is getting easier...just 5 more days then it's on to level 3!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    So this cold is really making it tough to breathe, but there was NO way I was going 3 days without working out. Not working out Thurs & Fri was bad enough so I put the shred on & did L2D1. I must say I actually like it better than level 1, the only thing I didn't like in it was the circuit one plank position where you jump in (forget what it's called I guess the cold took my memory with it today). They weren't toooooo bad, but I just didn't like the position and I wasn't a big fan of the walking pushups either... I didn't really feel a workout from them, but just felt uncomfortable walking in and standing up.

I actually like the plank jacks, which I was afraid of since everyone says they didn't like them. Not sure if I was just imagining them to be much worse or what, but I liked them a lot and felt the workout in my arms and abs.

I like the ab workouts in this level much better, but does anyone else have this problem.... whenever it comes to doing any ab work that involves lifting my butt off the ground, it hurts my tailbone. Maybe I just have a really pointy tailbone or something because even with carpet flooring and a mat down it feels like my tailbone is griding into the floor. So for circuit 2 abs when you lift your butt off the ground, it really is painful for me. Any ideas why this is happening or how I can modify it so it won't hurt but still get the same ab workout?

And by the end of circuit 3 my arms were definitely burning! But I'm excited to do it again tomorrow!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    D13 L2 IN THE BAG!!! Honestly it is certainly becoming more manageable, still a challenge but certainly more manageable then it was 3 days ago!

I think I am addicted! I have gone 13 days straight with the thought everyday of taking a day off ..I do believe in giving your body a break, but everyday I wake up and put my workout gear on pop that DVD in and just get it!

This morning I did my first impromptu 5k..It kicked my butt, but I completed it!! then I got in and Shredded! MADNESS! Total Madness!

You are doing SO AMAZING! Keep up the great work & I know you are going to have terrific results in the end because you are so motivated! I wish I would have went 13 days straight! Not working out for 2 days straight drove me nuts that today even with a cold and barely being able to breathe I just HAD to workout. It's soooo weird to me that I like exercising so much now because I used to HATE it... which is why I got fat in the first place! haha Now I have family and friends asking me things like "how do you workout so much now, I hate exercise" and I just think to myself how bad I feel for them for being the way I used to be!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    So this cold is really making it tough to breathe, but there was NO way I was going 3 days without working out. Not working out Thurs & Fri was bad enough so I put the shred on & did L2D1. I must say I actually like it better than level 1, the only thing I didn't like in it was the circuit one plank position where you jump in (forget what it's called I guess the cold took my memory with it today). They weren't toooooo bad, but I just didn't like the position and I wasn't a big fan of the walking pushups either... I didn't really feel a workout from them, but just felt uncomfortable walking in and standing up.

I actually like the plank jacks, which I was afraid of since everyone says they didn't like them. Not sure if I was just imagining them to be much worse or what, but I liked them a lot and felt the workout in my arms and abs.

I like the ab workouts in this level much better, but does anyone else have this problem.... whenever it comes to doing any ab work that involves lifting my butt off the ground, it hurts my tailbone. Maybe I just have a really pointy tailbone or something because even with carpet flooring and a mat down it feels like my tailbone is griding into the floor. So for circuit 2 abs when you lift your butt off the ground, it really is painful for me. Any ideas why this is happening or how I can modify it so it won't hurt but still get the same ab workout?

And by the end of circuit 3 my arms were definitely burning! But I'm excited to do it again tomorrow!

GET IT JERZEEBABIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRAT's to pushing forward (especially since your not feeling well and all)!!!! That is true DETERMINATION!! You should be so proud of yourself!!

My Hat off to you and those planks!!!!. Today I tried to assess the situation and figure out WHY I didn't like them (I'm referring mainly to the plank push up) it's because I just can't do it! I have gotten further with it in the last few days, now I can actually get into the push up position, just can't get back without damn near crawling back LOL.. But I am trying!!! I will master them to some level by Day 10 of this level..

Oh yeah.. I kinda like the plank Jacks too! :wink:

Keep up the MAGNIFICENT work!!!! Job well done!:drinker:
  • mmrose00
    Options
    L2D5....Half way there! I am still having issues with the pendulum lunges(is that what it's called..) Anyhow, still working on balance, but I am getting better. I was able to do most of the cardio...still doing most of the plank jacks...still had to rest once on the second section..it is getting easier...just 5 more days then it's on to level 3!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend!

KAREN you are blowing this thing out of the water!!! GET IT!!!!!! Your doing TERRIFIC!!

Those pendulum lunges are no joke, but keep pushing you will have them mastered by day 20!

Cheers!!:drinker:
  • karen366
    Options

NIce job on the 5k!!! and you also shredded???? That's amazing!!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I don't like those plank push-ups either. I can get into the push up position, but haven't managed to do the push-up yet... takes me awhile to crawl back and stand up! I don't feel much from doing it though, maybe because I'm not doing the pushup, but I don't feel it working my arms much because by the time you walk out & hold it while they do the pushup, it's not very long. I'm sure it's working something out even though I don't feel it!

I'm thinking after these 30 days of the shred, we all should either do it again or do the 30 day slimdown (which uses the shred in it anyway, just not 10 days straight of it). Since everyone is doing so well and is so motivated, and these next 2 levels are going to fly by... we can't stop this determination once the shred is over!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    L2D2 done! It wasn't too bad again, would have been better if I could breathe right, then I wouldn't have had to stop a couple times to sip water & catch my breath. Not sure what move it was, but one of those moves made my knee feel weird. It's not too bad of pain, just a little annoying now when I walk around. Hope everyone has a great day & great workout!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

L2D11 Check! Definitely sweating more than L1 despite not finishing every circuit (ooh those V raises...ouchie).

Try putting a small pillow under your tailbone, I heard that suggestion in a different video so I don't think it would make the move less effective. Just make sure it's not real poofy. Or, remember that commercial where the kid stuffs a bunch of Charmin into his pants? ;)

I feel basically the same as you...that walking down to pushups just annoys me and hurts my lower back. Maybe I'll just do girly pushups instead. By the end though my shoulder was dead and about to give out so I went back to the bicycle crunches from L1. I'll keep trying though!

Ok I did in fact watch a youtube video and did my measurements so here we go:

Chest: 36
    waist: 32.8
    hips: 41.8
    right thigh: 22.6
    left thigh: 22.4
    right bicep: 10.8
    left bicep: 11

And a big PS to mmrose: I've never heard of an IMPROMPTU 5k before! LOL...you are so inspiring and so strong!! Rock ON!
  • karen366
    Options
    L2D6 check in....had to get it in this morning since I work until 7:30 tonight~ Whew! I prefer shredding in the morning though, it just sets the tone for my whole day...

4 more days and on to level 3! I have been resisting the urge to weigh and measure myself...lol! But I can hold out just a little longer!
  • apatrick23
    Options
    D14L2 DONE! Even though TOM came and visited I still was active and I knew that this group was counting on me to Shred today, so I did it! During the DVD it wasn't as bad as I thought. It actually relieved some of my cramps! Afterwords was a totally different story! Oh well, I did it and that's all that matters. See you tomorrow shredders!