Black Team Week 9!!!!

Options

Replies

• familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tanya I was feeling sick on my own account from eating junk I am not used to eating....So I punished myself to reinforce I never wanted to feel like that again when I am working out and maybe not eat AS much junk food next time, bcasue ya'll know saturaday is my day, although I was pretty good this past sat only because I was horrible Friday night ( which was planned) So off to work I go..

Everyone have a great day!!
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i have to say i have been having a dificult time of it lately. I have not been very good. BUT yesterday I ran my first 5K under 40 mins. I had to technical errors (shoes came untied). I have learned tht you need to double bow them BEFORE running. I could have ran it all under 38 if I had not had trouble. I am VERY sore today. My first mile was 12.22 which was great considering I ran my first mile barely under 15 min the first time ever last year. I can't say I RAN it... I ran/walked it. My goal is to be able to RUN a full mile by summertime.
    My husband and I are getting up this week at 5:30 EVERY DAY to do cardio...I am very excited. The scale will reflect my hard work by Friday at least. CUISE in 20 days... UGH
    GOOD job Team! keep up the great work....
    Thank you Andrew for your diligence and time to all of us! You are the best!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! i just realized that i haven't been posting everyday...so much for this one being easy:laugh: i guess i'm such a stalker now, it doesn't even occur to me to post most of the time. we heard from the reporter yesterday and our segment will be airing on the five o'clock news tomorrow!! eek! i hope it came out ok. as soon as they have it posted on their website, i'll post it on here so everyone can see it. the weather here is supposed to be nice again today, so we're looking forward to getting these kids out of the house for at least some of it. have a great rest of your weekend everyone!! :heart:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Hey Team,

Bad team leader- I post a "Have to check in" challenge then don't check in for two days. lol Waddyagonnado.

lol still getting back to the routine. Marla that peeps news is AWESOME. I hope everything works out well. Id write more but the 3 year olds wants to snuggle. Priotrities ya know?

lol
    I'll be back later! Have a great Sunday guys!
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, Grandchildren here this weekend. but I did weigh myself and not too shabby on damage control. . Wonderful sun today. after the kids leave I plan to get out in it! Love that vitamin D. Have a great Sunday. Richie
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I hit 155.0 this morning...my goal for April 1. I'm so happy! :bigsmile:

Wow! Congrats to you!!:drinker: Boy oh boy, 155 seems sooo out of reach for me:ohwell:

Off to the gym now:blushing:

Girl, you have lost ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-TWO POUNDS!!!! You have accomplished more in this fight than I ever will. Thank you, but YOU are the one that I look up to! *hugs* :heart:

I believe if you lost that amount of weight...there would be no more Sara!!:ohwell: :laugh: Thank you:heart:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning my Black Team Friends!!

Donna-- WTG on those 8 miles!:drinker: I hope your mom's birthday celebration was wonderful:heart:

Sam-- I have to agree with Tanya...that TRX looks like torture!!:laugh: Your amazing:heart:

Marla-- I am so happy that things are going so well for your family! I dont think its a calm before the storm, I think that a very deserving, strong woman is finally getting some rewards for being a wonderful person:heart: Dont be surprised if the next big thing is a great job for DH:heart::flowerforyou: And thank you for your words of encouragement about nothing being out of reach:heart:

Leslie-- Hello! SO glad to see you checking in:flowerforyou:

Bobbi-- I love that pic of your daughters, they are beautiful:flowerforyou: And that personal trainer email was priceless!!:laugh: :laugh:

Kati-- Was she a Disney princess? I LOVE LOVE LOVE anything Disney:heart::blushing: I grew up always wanting to wear glasses too. I always thought it looked cool. It was just my luck that I never needed them until recently...now I dont want to wear them and think they make me look to old!:laugh:

Tamara-- Great workout yesterday!!:drinker: I hope your feeling better today:flowerforyou:

Jeannie-- I :heart: you. I :heart: your strength. I :heart: your motivation. I :heart: the way you are always there with encouraging words for everyone. That is all.

Lori-- Glad the hot tub project is almost complete! (By the way...I know you will look fantastic in your Ball dress, you already do!:flowerforyou: )

Tanya-- Happy belated birthday to you!!:happy: Hope you had a wonderful evening out:flowerforyou:

Doreen-- WTG on the 5K!!:drinker: Its nice to see you checking in:flowerforyou:

Beth-- I cant wait to see the segment! You guys are famous!!:happy: And I love the new AV, you look fantastic!:flowerforyou:

Andrew & Richie& everyone else-- Hello!!:flowerforyou:

Im debating on the gym this morning. Sundays are usually my days off but since I missed the gym Friday from not feeling well Im thinking I may go just to get some cardio in? I just dont like getting my off days turned around. I love having Sundays off and when I use a Sunday to make up a day during the week that I missed, I have a hard time getting the days back to Sunday without working my booty off at the gym for about 10 days in a row:ohwell:

Its supposed to be really nice here today. Maybe I will just go to a nice park and take a long walk instead. I really have spring fever and want nice weather back! The friend of mine that Ive been doing alot of work for to help her get moved invited me to a walk at the park and then lunch. Maybe thats what I will do:smile: Kind of take it easy today without taking it to easy:wink:

Have a great Sunday everyone, hope the weather is pleasant where you all are too:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Tanya- Happy Birthday!

Got up this AM bright and early. No idea why. I want to still be sleeping. Did online shopping. LOL Priorities.

I've been doing good with staying out of stores, but I HAD TO order some bathing suits from Lands End. I buy from their Overstocks. The choices aren't quite as abundant as their regular section and they are last year's items, but I don't care. Their bathing suits are tops in my book. They sell so many different choices, D cup, D cup with underwire, petites, plus sizes, bottoms with tummy control..... on and on. I find their bathing suits are so much better made- the material is so heavy and nice, supportive and hold up better than stuff I buy in the stores.

I bought a bathing suit at Kohl's last year, paid like $50 for it and I hate it because the material is so thin. It offers zero support in holding the girls where they need to stay. It makes me feel jiggly. I prefer to keep things tucked in nice and tight.

Anyway, they have tons of the mix and match seperates for $9.99. $20 for a bathing suit. Perfect. (Plus they have free shipping right now- promo code QUILT, pin 3627 if anybody is interested.) I wear bathing suits all summer and am hard on them between the pool and chlorine and the beach.

My favorite part. I order a ton more than I plan on keeping. I order in 2 sizes if I'm not sure. Then I try them on in the privacy of my own bathroom, away from the harsh lighting and dreadful mirrors in a dressing room. Since Lands End is part of Sears, I take back what I don't want to the store, my credit card is credited before I even get a bill for what I don't want and I end up with a good bathing suit or two.

It's a process. LOL. Bathing suit shopping is so painful, this makes it bearable.

Have a great day all!
  • 72lori
    Options

Sam-- I have to agree with Tanya...that TRX looks like torture!!:laugh: Your amazing:heart:

Ok, I must be sick, because when I saw the TRX pic from Sam I was totally jealous. I WISH my gym had something like that. It looks awesome. I know I would :heart: it!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

and Everything Roni said....DITTO:wink:

Tanya - Happy Birthday! Bobbi - I love that story and can so relate!

Bat Family - Can wait for the news feed to see your story.

Well decision has finally been made..WE ARE...................PENN STATE!!! Pretty excited for dd decision...........now for the next challenge...How are we going to pay for this?:laugh: :laugh:

Ran an easy 3 this morning to stretch the legs after the long run yesterday.

Have an awesome beautiful day! It is so nice here in PA today!
    :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Bobbi- What a great way to start the day, with a good laugh! I lovingly call my trainer "beyotch"

Marla-Enjoy the good....God gives us THAT too, remember :laugh:
    So nice when your home is cloaked in love and peace.

OH and I love your tag line....your too much my friend

Lori-you rock girl! Who needs the gym with the projects you have around your house??? I now MUST come visit you (and your new hot tub)
    What a lovely place you have and all by your raw, callused hands!

Tanya-so glad you had a good time with your boys!
    NO PEEPS!! OMG.....we must make you a care package!!

Tamara-Hope you had a great Saturday with the family!

Doreen-that is so awesome! Remember the journey to get to our goal is every bit as important as the goal itself. Be proud of k5 in 40 minutes! I remember when I completed 1 MILE in 40 mins!

Beth- I can't wait to see y'all on TV! I feel like a proud Auntie!

Andrew- I would much rather see you hanging with the buds than over with us! They say hugs lead to better health!

Richie-enjoy the sunshine and get in a good walk!

Roni-You will always be my hero! and I love your hair! Not sure if I told you before but I think it everytime I stop by!

A good walk outside trumps anything indoors to me. Prob the reason I live in sunny SoFlo.

Tammy-HELLO!! I loved the Boyscouts! Hope you had fun!

Sara-you come up with the bestest kitties!

Sam- :noway: That is the craziest workout ever! You go girl!!

Donna-Enjoy the good weather and family!

Lori-ok..........was that for shock value or did you REALLY eat a McFlurry AND take down Christmas lights in March>>> :noway: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Tanya- Happy Birthday!

Got up this AM bright and early. No idea why. I want to still be sleeping. Did online shopping. LOL Priorities.

I've been doing good with staying out of stores, but I HAD TO order some bathing suits from Lands End. I buy from their Overstocks. The choices aren't quite as abundant as their regular section and they are last year's items, but I don't care. Their bathing suits are tops in my book. They sell so many different choices, D cup, D cup with underwire, petites, plus sizes, bottoms with tummy control..... on and on. I find their bathing suits are so much better made- the material is so heavy and nice, supportive and hold up better than stuff I buy in the stores.

I bought a bathing suit at Kohl's last year, paid like $50 for it and I hate it because the material is so thin. It offers zero support in holding the girls where they need to stay. It makes me feel jiggly. I prefer to keep things tucked in nice and tight.

Anyway, they have tons of the mix and match seperates for $9.99. $20 for a bathing suit. Perfect. (Plus they have free shipping right now- promo code QUILT, pin 3627 if anybody is interested.) I wear bathing suits all summer and am hard on them between the pool and chlorine and the beach.

My favorite part. I order a ton more than I plan on keeping. I order in 2 sizes if I'm not sure. Then I try them on in the privacy of my own bathroom, away from the harsh lighting and dreadful mirrors in a dressing room. Since Lands End is part of Sears, I take back what I don't want to the store, my credit card is credited before I even get a bill for what I don't want and I end up with a good bathing suit or two.

It's a process. LOL. Bathing suit shopping is so painful, this makes it bearable.

Have a great day all!

When I was younger I would buy 10 cheap suits every year. I spent 50% of my time in a bathing suit and liked a variety. Man, I long for the days of just grabbing a suit!

I think 1 good expensive suit is worth its weight in gold. I have to go look for a new one! WOOT! LOL
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Just checking in for today. Oh Em Gee. My uterus is being ripped from my stomach. Two and a half hours with the heating pad. Need to get going this morning. Laundry, dishes, etc. Hubs went to return a bra for me and to have coffee with his dad.

Logged what I can for now. Will check in later when I need a heating pad break.

Hasta!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just checking in for today. Oh Em Gee. My uterus is being ripped from my stomach. Two and a half hours with the heating pad. Need to get going this morning. Laundry, dishes, etc. Hubs went to return a bra for me and to have coffee with his dad.

Hasta!

Oh sweety, so sorry.......gentle hug from me xoxo (see little x o so as not to hurt you) :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options

Hasta!

Oh sweety, so sorry.......gentle hug from me xoxo (see little x o so as not to hurt you) :flowerforyou:

Thanks Jeannie! I should take my own advice and keep moving when I feel this way. Got a great start on the household chores and I'm feeling pretty good. Was feeling the urge to snack so I logged on here for a bit. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Hasta!

excellent! funny how us 'pretend' friends are more inspiring than the 'real' ones sometimes :laugh:
    Thanks Jeannie! I should take my own advice and keep moving when I feel this way. Got a great start on the household chores and I'm feeling pretty good. Was feeling the urge to snack so I logged on here for a bit. :smile:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

Ok, I must be sick, because when I saw the TRX pic from Sam I was totally jealous. I WISH my gym had something like that. It looks awesome. I know I would :heart: it!

Lori I knew you would be the "one" that liked this. It is getting easier but then he goes and does something new like having your heels in the strap and reaching for the sky. The first day I couldn't get up to reach for the sky. The second day I did it the whole time but once. I'm really gonna hate the day he tells me to hold the ball between my legs. fun times!! Oh and I also found out that the owners of this gym are in "dirty" movies!!! YES!! hahahaha
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Beautiful sunny Sunday here in Ohio today. I knew the sun was up there somewhere waiting to come out. Took a lovely 3 mile walk and it felt so good. Going back out to enjoy the sun, hope you all have a great day .
  • 72lori
    Options

Lori I knew you would be the "one" that liked this. It is getting easier but then he goes and does something new like having your heels in the strap and reaching for the sky. The first day I couldn't get up to reach for the sky. The second day I did it the whole time but once. I'm really gonna hate the day he tells me to hold the ball between my legs. fun times!! Oh and I also found out that the owners of this gym are in "dirty" movies!!! YES!! hahahaha

Yep, it looks hard core, kick a$s. I like that kind of stuff. All my gym classes are taught by women, which is fine, but I actually like a class taught by a male. I had a kickboxing instructor at my gym in Maryland that was former military and he kicked butt. I loved his sense of humor, he would tell us he wanted to be able to bounce quarters off our as$es.

I've still been contemplating P90X, but it's the video thing that gets me. Don't like them.

Concrete is poured. DH says it's not finished very nicely. I say it's going to have a hot tub covering the entire thing, who cares. Absolutely beautiful day here. Been outside since 9:00 AM. Tired beyond belief right now. Still have things to do though, so off I go.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Sam I would love to do it also

I am gonna get vack fully on the wagon tomorrow had a rough weekend and son starts baseball this week so I will be able to run 2 nights a week while he is at practice!!!

off to grab dinner and pick up lovely son..Hope all is having a wondeful

Thats funny just got a call from new coach...we are on the braves we have been on the braves for EVER!!!, I was wanting a new team so we could get different shirt color...;oh well gonna have agreat season