Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• Cruella24
    Cruella24 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

I am a mother of twins and 2 singletons all delivered by C-Section

BEFORE: JANUARY 2, 2012
    front-1.jpg

AFTER: JULY 9, 2012
    fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY (MONTH ONE)
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

HOPING FOR AN AMAZING PICTURE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!

OMG! You are an inspiration!!!!!
  • laylasmommy67
    laylasmommy67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yall all look soo great!

I went from 170 after I had my first daughter in 2008, to 194 by the time she was 3!
    then I decided to change that and went from 194 to 154....then found out I was 6 weeks pregnant!
    Dont know how to do pics on here :/

BeforeInbetween-1.jpg

I had my 2nd daughter 9/12/12, so I am 3 weeks postpartum, and down to 151...but a very flabby and gooey 151.....can NOT wait to get the ok to go back at the gym! until then its just walking and trying to eat right!

yup, no clue how to get that pic on here, I'm a newbie! sorry :)
  • ambiedawnz
    ambiedawnz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I will be stalking this thread!! I am a c-section momma to a just-turned 1 year old baby girl! I am about 22 lbs away from my first goal, but ultimately would LOVE to get to 150lbs . :)

We have similar goals it seems. My youngest is about to turn 1 in about 2 weeks and I have about 20 lbs I want to lose! My oldest is about to turn 5 in January and both my boys were c-sections. Would love to have more friends on here with similar goals and stories!!! Gives me much needed motivation on down days :)
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy (first) International Day of the Girl! 10-11-12!

I'm an older, first-time mom who has always had weight issues. I am currently the heaviest I've ever been (except when pregnant), and that's saying a LOT!

After I had my son (c-section) last year, I lost all the baby weight and then some immediately. Yay! :smile: Then we had a car accident (no injuries, thank goodness), and my milk dried up from the stress. Boo-hoo! :cry: And then I gained a TON of weight from the stress, etc. Double boo-hoo! :sad:

Now I'm waking up and realizing that my life isn't just for and about me. I have a beautiful son, and I need to be healthy for him. So, here I am. I'm taking this seriously and am inspired by all you hawt mammas!

Cheers to all of us!
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great work mama's!

I had my 3rd baby January of this year, I have a 5 and 4 year old. I was overweight when I became pregnant w/#3. I'm 5'4 and I was 165 when I found out I was pregnant. I got up to 193.

As soon as I could, I started exercising and watching what I ate. I am at 141 right now, and my goal is 130. I'm doing the 30DS right now, and have ran and done other aerobic videos along the way. I'll post my pics after I'm done with the 30DS. I haven't been this fit and at this weight since before I got pregnant w/my 1st!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who posted here. You all look amazing and have been great inspiration to me.

:)
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Mom to 5 (ages 13 down to 6), 37 years old, 5'6" tall.

WeightProgress-GoalReached400w.jpg

Lost the weight since Easter by logging on to MFP, cutting out sugar and lots of processed food, and exercising (biking and c25k). I continue to run 3x's/wk on the track of a nearby high school. I've quit biking for now because I exercise when I get up in the morning, and it's too dark out at 5:30 to be biking on the road, even with lights on my bike, so I've been doing 2 rounds of the 30 Day Shred on the days I don't run. I take Sundays off from exercising. Still logging what I eat, but I'm slowly working on upping my calories.
  • Rimroses
    Rimroses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had my first baby, standard delivery on March 14, 2012. When I got pregnant I was 174. I was 204 at deliver. I got back down to my pre pregnancy weight by 2 weeks PP, but then I stopped BF and started eating everything in sight, quickly gaining 9 lbs. I started MFP about 56 days ago and I have lost 12lbs so far, at 171 currently! I have dropped a pants size and had my first compliment today from a Co-Worker :) My first goal is 150lbs, then I will see where I can go from there. I am about 5'3", so I should probably be less than that, but I believe 150 is in my healthy weight range. I didn't technically take any before pictures, but I have some from a family photo shoot, which was my kick in the butt to start the weight loss. It has been difficult some times, but overall I have been perfectly fine, and started Zumba today, which I hope will help out a lot doing it twice a week :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly bump to help keep the positive mojo going.
  • InLaLaLand04
    InLaLaLand04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. I hope I can see similar results one day!
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You all look amazing! Thanks for sharing your success-very inspirational!!'
  • unsivilized6
    unsivilized6 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and have gone from 248 in Jan. to 196 currently. I still have another fifty to go. Proud mom of four c-section delivered kids ranging in age 6-14. I've gone from a pants size 24 to a 16 and my children can wrap their arms all the way around me to hug me. #notthroughyet!!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    As of this week, 14 years and 5 months after I found out I was pregnant with my first, I can officially say that I have FINALLY lost ALL my baby weight (plus about 17 pounds I put on over and above that after my daughter's birth almost 11 years ago.) I still have some more to go to get to healthy range, but this was my first big benchmark goal and I have made it, most of it just since May (45 lbs. in 5.5 months when I started actually putting some effort into it plus 23 without really half trying or doing any exercise and only casual diet control in 18 months before that) And this morning....if it sticks....I am officially no longer "obese" -- just "overweight" in BMI. Time to call my doctor and make an appt to have this officially recorded so he will start thinking of new approaches to my knee and ankle issues instead of just blaming my weight.
  • HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You ladies are rocking it! :drinker:

I have had three boys (7, almost 6, and just turned 1). I gained 70 pounds my first pregnancy and went from 140 to 210 (yikes!). I got pregnant with my second son 6 months later (double yikes!). I never really lost too much weight over the years, but the worst was the 50 lb gain with my last pregnancy. I weighed a whopping 250 lbs on 10/26/11 when I delievered. I have lost 65 pounds in exactly one year and I have to thank MFP and breastfeeding :wink:

I still have about 50 lbs to go to be where I was when I met hubs 10 years ago, but I am doing a lot better than I did 7 years ago after my first son.

You are all inspirational...keep it up mommas!
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite a success story yet but I'm working on it! I was around 155-160 when I got pg with #1 and was just shy of 200 when he was born. Last summer, with the help of mfp, c25k & 30ds i was down to 129 & could fit back into my size 4 wedding dress. Then we started trying for #2 and I put on a couple lbs before finding out I was pregnant. Started pregnancy #2 at 136 and ended at 183. My daughter is 3 months & I am currently 143 lbs so I've lost 40 since delivering her :) I'm 5'5 (& a 1/2 :p)
  • Missyelliotfan33
    Missyelliotfan33 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Heey! I am a mother of two! My daughter will be five on nov 18th and my son is 7 months! I have lost about 17 pounds so far I have lost some more weight since the picture on the right!

resize.jpg

I still have about 15 pounds to loose my goal is to loose it all by next year when my husband gets back from afghanistan. I had my babies naturally well one with epidural one without. Loose weight is not easy when you have kids to focus on on top of trying to loose weight but its all worth it when you stick to it! These last 15 pounds seem to be the most stubborn! Any advice on how I can get this weight down would be awesome! :)
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    These pics are AMAZING!! You ladies are all gorgeous & inspiring! :) If anybody wants more friends, feel free to add me!!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing! Well Done!!
  • jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So many amazing stories on here!! Thank you to all the ladies who posted success stories and photos and good luck to all the mamas working hard at getting their pre-baby bodies back!
    I'm almost at the one year mark after having my twin boys last November... I gained 55lbs with them and only lost 25 after their birth. Stuck at 193 for many months of breastfeeding... But at the 10 month mark I'd finished breastfeeding and decided the get serious with the weight loss! I'm currently down 12lbs so far and have another 38lbs to go to get to a healthy weight for me (5'6", medium build).
    Good luck everyone!! :-). And if anyone's looking for a new mfp friend for support and motivation (especially fellow twin mamas!)... Feel free to add me! :-)
  • Honkytonkmama
    Options
    Love the mama success stories, gives me hope. . .especially after 3 C sections. Thank you all for sharing!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!