Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Toots.
    Hi everyone. I am happy to read that it sounds like everyone survived Halloween mostly intact and are doing fairly well on the whole. I am doing good today. I finally braved my 18 year olds room and got it mostly clean. He left for college and no didnt clean before he went, lol. I amanged to get up at a decent time this morning so hopefully go to bed at a good time tonight and start to get back to normal. So I know I posted on here about the workout kicking my butt the other day. Well I did it again Wednesday night and I found a way to motivate myself through it. Now try not to laugh. I mock the lady leading the workout. When she says stuff i either mock what she says or make fun of her. My audience for this is my dogs, lol. I know I am a sad person but if it keeps me working out I am going to be horribly mean to that poor computer lady. So now that I gave you all some thing to laugh at I am going to go cook dinner. I hope you all have a great night.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @losiliga--welcome and bump means bring up my post--it's just what people write when they don't have time to post, but want to save the thread so it will come up on "my topics."

@toots--happy birthday!!! :flowerforyou:

@tom--glad you had good news at the doc's!

@mara--have fun visiting w/ your sis!

@karenleona--hope your shopping went well.

@doug--good luck with the push ups and sit ups--I need to get back to those so let me know if you want to make it a challenge. Maybe we can motivate each other. :smile:

@sherrie--ooh only 30 more classes! I bet you can do it!

@liz--I agree about having purpose for the walks--I love to go out and run just to run, but on the days when I'm tired or grumpy or unmotivated it's nice to have my gunner waiting for his walk--it really helps to get me out the door some days.

@kris--it's great that you live within walking distance of so many places--the little cart is a great idea for grocery shopping.

@tina--good luck with the challenge--it sounds like fun! I have done challenge groups for the past few months, so I'm taking a break and just going to stick to this thread for Nov. However, I will probably get right back into a challenge after that--it's so motivating!

@flowersofdawn--oooh the wine party sounds like fun and it seems like you have a great plan so you can enjoy it!

@holly--I think the miles challenge is flexible. I don't have a pedometer, so I won't be including daily steps--just my exercise miles running, biking, stairmaster, and my daily walks with my dog.

@kelley--good luck with your exam and enjoy your days off!

@robin--I also fell off the logging wagon--partly b/c I didn't keep track of all the candy on Wed. and then yesterday I had Parent-Teacher conferences and just didn't have the time or energy to do it. Today wasn't great either, but I will log everything. :grumble:

@angelika--sorry you are having a tough time--we are here for you! :flowerforyou:

@laurie--have fun in Portland!

@mommyplus3--your post made me laugh--"manhandled" :laugh:

@corymomma--Hi Heidi!!! So glad to see you back in the thread--love your profile pic; was that your Halloween costume? You look great, PS.

@jana--sorry you are not feeling "ready" for your 10k--just get through it as best you can and think of it as setting up a time to beat when you do your next one. I'm feeling a bit worried about my Turkey Trot seeing as I haven't run in almost 2 weeks. I really need to step it up, if I want to beat last year's 5k time.

@vickie--sorry your work is piling up.

@jt--ugh--I hate it when my sleep schedule gets screwed up! I wish I had some advice for you--I've heard melatonin works for some people, but I've never tried it myself.

@chistine--sorry you were sick, but glad you are feeling better!

Thursday Truth:
    This week has been an epic fail as far as food, fitness, and logging. The good news is I will get back on track tomorrow. I plan to make Saturday a "me" day. I'm going to sleep as long as I want and then work out as long as I want. Only after doing those 2 things will I consider grading.

Friday Fitness:
    Setting up my monthly goals and exercise goals for the week.

November Challenge:
    1. Keep carbs at 40% of total calories--for me November starts on Saturday 11/3. :wink:
    2. Run/bike/climb/walk 50 miles from Nov. 3 through Nov. 30.

This week:
    Sat--walk dog + gym
    Sun--walk dog
    Mon--long run
    Tues--walk dog + core
    Wed--walk dog + gym
    Thurs--rest day (parent/teacher conferences again)
    Fri--flying to New Orleans
    Sat--lots of walking around French Quarter
    Sun--more walking--flying home in PM
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome. BUMP means Bring Up My Post - its a way to save your place.

Morgori - glad you got good news.

Liz - the gratitude journal sounds like such a good idea. Meditation in any form before you sleep is very beneficial as well.

Toots -did you do anything special today??
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well, I did make it to rock climbing tonight but not to the bowling. I ended working late trying to get things before Monday. I still have one set of benchmark test to grade and get recorded on Monday. Science fair projects will wait until I return. It will be easier that way. I realized tonight that if I did not have rock climbing to go to I could have worked another hour or two at school. Attempting to get things done. The never ending work at the end of the marking period.

Friday- Rock climbing
    saturday- Trainer workout
    Sunday- Gym
    Monday-Friday- walking around Portland
    Saturday- rest day
    Sunday-???

Tomorrow I am going to a football game but will be walking to get there. It will be a busy weekend but I will make it work.
    May everyone have a great weekend and your choices stay on the healthy side.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am back from a wonderful evening at Women of Faith! Got to hear CeCe Winans sing one of my all-time favorites, Alabaster Box. I really needed to have a night of worship after this week of being sick and then having fallen off the wagon. Praise God I was under calories and didn't have any sugar-laden treats today!!! It is really late and I have more WOF tomorrow and will get to hear Selah, a group I really enjoy listening to plus great speakers. Take care all my friends and I will catch up tomorrow evening.

Christine
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I am back from a wonderful evening at Women of Faith! Got to hear CeCe Winans sing one of my all-time favorites, Alabaster Box. I really needed to have a night of worship after this week of being sick and then having fallen off the wagon. Praise God I was under calories and didn't have any sugar-laden treats today!!! It is really late and I have more WOF tomorrow and will get to hear Selah, a group I really enjoy listening to plus great speakers. Take care all my friends and I will catch up tomorrow evening.

Christine

Christine - I'm so glad you had a good time. I was supposed to attend a women's conference a few weeks ago, but had to cancel. I've never heard CeCe in person, but she's such a talent. One of my all-time favorites is Sandy Patty. She's just amazing! Good job staying under and bypassing the sugary treats. AWESOME job!!!! Enjoy the rest of WOF!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I'm afraid this week has been minimal when it came to my fitness. I did get in a few walks, took my son out for 2 hours on Halloween, but that was about it. I'm getting ready to set up my appointment for a fitness assessment at the gym and start with the trainer. I get one free session every week through work and crazy of me not to have taken advantage of it as well. Plus, I really want to get either an HRM, Fitbit, or some kind of tracking device to help track my exercise levels.

On another note, my house in Atlanta is SOLD!! Closing was Tuesday and everything went just fine. It's such a huge stress reliever to not have that on my shoulders any more. I can now completely focus on my new life in Vegas.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend ahead!!!!!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!
    I dislike Halloween. I never enjoyed it as a child and don't give out candy now so I didn't have to have candy in the house. I guess you could say I am a Boo Humbug. :laugh:

i laughed out loud at that
    Toots -did you do anything special today??

nah, i'm not much of a birthday type. i went shopping. for stuff for my guinea pigs :laugh: not the thrill fest you might think it would be. i tried to vote but they new mexico state website says early voting sites are open until 8 but both of them here in town closed at seven. bah.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Christine -- good to see you back.
    @Tammy -- I think you're right about skinny people not being so obsessive about food.
    @Jana -- sorry to hear you're under such a lot of stress. Hope you'll be back soon.
    @Mommyplus3 -- I don't buy my favourite candy for Halloween which helps a bit, but I still ate too much! At least the funsize bags are small. Definitely no willpower here.
    @mnwalkingqueen -- I'm counting all my steps.
    @Toots -- Happy birthday! It's fun here on the wagon.
    @Flowersofdawn -- the single best thing I did was committing to 30 minutes of cardio (nearly) every day.
    @Tina -- those elimination challenges sound good.
    @Kris -- I do some of my runs when I have errands to run as well; it doesn't always fit together but it's good when it does. I do have a shopping trolley but I can't take it running! It's ok when I'm just walking. We get a lot of fruit and veg from our market so it's great for that.
    @Sherrielsb -- 200 classes in a year would be brilliant!
    @Tom -- glad your news at the doctor's was good.
    @Susan -- so glad you've sold your Atlanta house.

Saturday success -- I bought some fitness clothes two sizes down yesterday! They're a bit snug but obviously stretchy cos of being fitness gear. But the bigger ones were really getting a bit loose. Scale has been static all week but I'm doing loads of exercise and bursting with energy so I'm sure the scale is bound to follow, right?

Last week's fitness plan:

Saturday -- W6D1 of Ease into 5k -- DONE
    Sunday -- dance mat & strength -- DONE
    Monday -- W6D2 of Ease into 5k -- DONE
    Tuesday -- badminton -- DONE, plus W1D2 of You Are Your Own Gym, plus a little dance mat.
    Wednesday -- W6D3 of Ease into 5k - DONE
    Thursday -- taking my son over to see my friend and her daughter and her daughter's pal -- walked around the Science Museum (plus the tube journey & walks to get there).
    Friday -- badminton I think: I'll decide later about W7D1 of Ease into 5k. -- W7D1 of Ease into 5k DONE, 2 hours of badminton DONE, a walk round a shopping centre DONE, another trip to the Science Museum DONE, broke my all time record for cals burnt in a day (1300 according to MFP!), though also ate a burrito as big as my head. Did 8000 steps *not counting the run or the badminton*.

This week:

Saturday -- badminton -- DONE (this is a rest day)
    Sunday -- W7D2 of Ease into 5k, plus badminton, plus a little strength maybe
    Monday -- dance mat
    Tuesday -- W7D3 of Ease into 5k
    Wednesday -- dance mat + maybe archery?
    Thursday -- W8D1 of Ease into 5k
    Friday -- badminton

Complicated week because (a) I get a flu jab on Monday so I might not be well enough for all of this, and Tuesday may need to be a rest day not a running day, (b) We have various school open nights and an entrance exam for my daughter, so exercise is going to have to fit round that.

Just noticed the pedometer challenge; I've got mine on but today will be rubbish I think. Tomorrow will be better! November Miles so far -- 2 on Thursday (walking) plus 5 yesterday (2 running, 3 walking) plus 0 today (whoops). Total 7. I'm going to set a target of 50 miles for November.

Hope you're all having a brilliant weekend. :flowerforyou:

-- Alison
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My little Italian greyhound, Luna, had a checkup at the Vet yesterday. Everything looks good. We are very happy she does not have the initial diagnosis of an enlarged heart. They want to do another chest X-ray in a month just to double-check, but her cough is gone! Beautiful weather here today, but no bike riding for me. Hubby and son are going golfing without me. :cry: I will be walking the Turttle pool, though, when the current is up and running. The knee brace is a nuisance, but my knee does not bother me at all!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options

Christine

ooooh, I love CeCe Winans and Selah....what a wonderful way to lift up your spirit...
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    did pretty good with my grocery shopping....did not buy any treats just supplies that i needed and fresh veggies....whew....
    Made a big pot of pea soup for the freezer and tomorrow i am making lentil and sweet pea soup.
    I shopped till i dropped yesterday....i guess i was walking and standing and lifting groceries more than i was used to and my back was sore and my knees were yelling at me so i did not get much done downstairs. Today i wll put up the last of the baseboards i painted yesterday then vaccuum the bedroom and it is ready for the new bed. I will finishe the taping of the other room and maybe start painting....or perhaps cut a few more baseboards for another room cause it is so much fun using the power saw!!!!
    whatever i do, i better get off here and get something done
    what are your plans for today??
  • susan2396
    Options
    Saturday success -- I bought some fitness clothes two sizes down yesterday! They're a bit snug but obviously stretchy cos of being fitness gear. But the bigger ones were really getting a bit loose. Scale has been static all week but I'm doing loads of exercise and bursting with energy so I'm sure the scale is bound to follow, right?

-- Alison

Good for you Alison!!! While the scale may not be moving as we like, it's great to see those NSV's along the way. I bought a new skirt and I haven't been this size in a very long time. I hit a bit of a plateau, but this was just the encouragement I needed to push through. You're doing great and keep up the hard work!!!!
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Saturday success- I managed to haul myself out of bed and get out the door for a jog at 5am. It was cold but not horrible, warmed up pretty good after a mile and by mile 3had even taken off the gloves. Went a total of 12miles. Next week I am @ Disney for the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon and had to get in a long run. It felt great, it takes me about 3 miles before I get into my groove. So glad I went I was rewarded with an absolutely beautiful sunrise as well. My legs are a bit sore now, mostly if I have been sittign for a while and then stand up, I'm a tad gimpy for the first minute or so.

Not sure who started this but I totally love the idea of writing out the workout plans for the week, and I am going to be using that idea.

Halloween is officially over, the decorations are down and hubby took them to storage. I survived the candy pretty well- it was great until I opened the bag, then its as if there is some cosmic force pulling my hand and arm into that black hole that is the candy bag. I also didn't buy any of the kinds I really love so that makes it easier. I hate the candy but love Halloween. THe kids and I had the house all decked out with lights and spooky stuff. then had a minitaure graveyard set up int he yard, fog machine, and lots of carved pumpkins. I love sitting out on the porch and handing out the candy. Hubby took the girls out through the neighborhood. I have my 3 thanksgivign nutcrackers out (man and lady pilgrim and a turkey) but am thinking I need a trip to Hobby Lobby on Monday.

Happy belated birthday to you Toots!!

MyMOwMOW- great idea for all the walking and a little rolly cart is a great idea.

Karenleona- I have used this trick many times, I have a snack with soem protein before I go grocery shopping. I don't think there is a greater test of will power than being at the grocery store and having your tummy growl and comment on your purchases.

Morgori- That's wonderful there was good news from the Dr

Jtconst- GLad I am not the only one who comments at the workout instructors. I am not normally a very voacl person but there have been many times when I was ready to swear like a drunken sailor at the Tv and the workout instructor who I am certian was a spawn of Satan. Whatever it takes to keep you from pushing the stop button!

Lauriek70- How fun to go rock climbing, I am way too chicken to even try that. My older girls love it though

Monarchris- Glad you enjoyed your evening, sometimes those "me breaks" are more helpful than anything else.

Susan2396- Congratulations on selling your house. Enjoy Las Vegas! Our neighbors moved to Henderson a few months ago and completely love it there.

Don't forget- tonight we set the clocks back, no more Daylight Savings Time!!:noway:

Now time to drink up- water tag!:drinker:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good evening friends, had a wonderful day at Women of Faith. Feel rejuvenated and kept my calories under. Walked a bunch and stood a lot during worship songs. Plan to rest tonight as my hip is sore from all the stairs I climbed past 2 days. Congrats to all who have had SVs and NSVs. Promise to do personals tomorrow, too tired tonight.

Christine
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    WOW - I am impressed with everyone's activities and enthusiasm! It is a glorious new month, isn't it. I am practicing gratitude following Liz's example. I have so much, a home with everything, a car, loved ones, considerable good health, a future. A FUTURE. Isn't that awesome!! I've been moping so long with health problems, that I forgot to realize I have so much ahead of me. What a wonderful thing to look forward to! :love:

Thank you everyone for giving me a purpose - if I didn't have the responsibility of rolling over this thread - small responsibility that it is - I would have fallen off my lifestyle change some time ago. There just has been some weakness in me and downright lazyness as far as only maintaining my weight and not working harder toward losing weight and that has to stop and I have to find the strength to stop. I'm making a good effort today and hope to make a better effort tomorrow.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Saturday Success - although I took a break from posting, I've been reading all your successes and challenges and logging my foods, mostly staying within calories even with the occasional sweet treat. Finally looked at my "data" from October challenges -- lost a total of 10.5 inches, including 3 from the waist! Missed my goal on the 50-days to Haloween challenge, but not by as much as I thought. Between my hike being cut 17 miles short due to forest fires, as well as heel and knee injuries, I am very surprised to have logged 267,842 steps (plus, it would have been a bit more if I had remembered my fitbit every day). Quite a bit below my goal of 336,000, but I'm still counting it as a victory. I did horribly with carbs, but I wasn't really trying hard with that -- figure I'm still losing consistently (9.8 for the month), so I'll save the carb-reduction for when I hit the inevitable wall.

For November, I hope to average above 5000 steps a day, so that's at least 150,000 steps, which I guess is about 75 miles -- wow, that seems like a lot!!!

@liz - thanks for your idea of the gratitude journal -- I'm going to start mine tonight!
    @laurie - have a great trip to a great city!!
    @christine - glad to hear you're feeling better and having such a great weekend!
    @tom - yay!!!
    @angelika and jtconst - thanks for the laughs!!
    @susan -- congrats on the closing - must be a huge relief!!!
    @cathesh and mymowmow -- so glad your little ones are feeling better!!
    @sherrielsb -- wow! so impressed by your running!!!!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Toots- Hope you had a great birthday. Best wishes for the year ahead.

Had a wonderful climb last night and a good workout this morning. It was more weight training and using machine so that was interesting. I enjoyed the football game today even through it was very cold and windy here. Navy won and will be going to a bowl game in December. I am still thawing out and I have been home for a couple of hours.

Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight as we head back onto standard daylight time.

I want to get the gym tomorrow for another workout even through I am sure I will be walking around Portland.

I am celebrating everyone's successes this week. May you all continue to succeed in all that you do and try.

Have a wonderful week.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--Go Navy!! My dad is a retired Captain. :smile:

@lmack--I think it's smart to save the carb reduction for when you hit a plateau.

@robin--I feel the same way! I know what you mean about feeling weak and lazy. :embarassed: Let's motivate each other to kick it up a notch. We are both capable of doing better!

@sherrie--you are such an inspiration with your 12 mile runs and half marathons! My "long" runs are 3 miles.

@karenleona--wow--you are really doing a lot of renovations! I really need to follow your lead and get through some projects in my house. However, I'm not "allowed" to touch things like power-saws after a mishap with the electric hedge trimmers. I ended up with 17 stitches in 2 fingers, so we decided to let the DH handle anything sharp and powered. :laugh:

@cath--glad to hear luna is doing better and that your knee isn't bothering you too much. Hope they get that pool motor fixed soon!

@alison & tammy--I agree that thin people don't think about food as much. In fact, I once read an article about how it's really bad to obsess about what you are eating which is one of the reasons I resisted calorie counting for so long. However, now that I'm doing it, I realize that I'm not really being obsessive--I'm just much more aware of what I put in my body (be it good or bad). I guess I will probably never get to be one of those people who don't have to think about what they eat. :ohwell:

@susan--glad the closing is over and done with! That's got to be such a huge weight off of your shoulders! :flowerforyou:

Saturday Success:
    Well after a very bad week food and fitness-wise, I got right back on the horse today. Walked gunner and then went to the gym. Started on the weight machines, but I was anxious to run so I just did a few machines and switched to the treadmill. Ran 2 miles doing intervals: 6, 7, & 7.5 mph running alternated with 4 mph walks. I've never tried to run above 6.5, so it was a new experience for me. I found I can sustain 6 for 4 minute intervals (I've done a full mile at that speed in the past, but I'm out of practice), and I sustained the higher speeds for 1 minute intervals. I plan to try to increase those and may even attempt 8 mph next time.

I also rode the stationary bike. My total was 10 miles combined walking, running, and cycling. I really would like to reach my 50 mile goal by Thanksgiving for my Turkey Trot.

This week:
    Sat--walk dog + gym DONE!
    Sun--walk dog
    Mon--long run
    Tues--walk dog + core
    Wed--walk dog + gym
    Thurs--rest day (parent/teacher conferences again)
    Fri--flying to New Orleans
    Sat--lots of walking around French Quarter
    Sun--more walking--flying home in PM

November Challenge:
    1. Keep carbs at 40% of total calories (1/30)
    2. Run/bike/climb/walk 50 miles (10/50)
  • susan2396
    Options
    Susan2396- Congratulations on selling your house. Enjoy Las Vegas! Our neighbors moved to Henderson a few months ago and completely love it there.

Thank you!! I actually live in Henderson around the Green Valley area. We've been here about 6 months and love it too. Everyone thinks Vegas is just the strip, but it's actually a city of 2 million people. There's so much to do out here and the weather is simply amazing. We love it too!!!