Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    So...computer went out at home yesterday, so I couldn't log in:grumble:

I know...I didn't know the Honey Bee said that until I heard it the other day:laugh: so will have to adjust it some...
    Hope you have a fantastic Monday!
    Be Blessed:heart:
    patty

NO don't change it, it makes me smile!

^^THIS!! Don't you dare change it--I :heart: that lil' bee!

Ok, Ok...No Changing!:laugh: :laugh:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Monday check in - Didn't weigh myself this morning because I'm carrying around 10 xtra lbs of mucus. Home sick today snotting and sniffling on myself.

I had a good weekend. Did my walks/swims. Can't decide about the pool today, will have to see if the cold tabs make nose breathing possible.

I did lower my calories goal to 1136 since my BMR is down to 1636 now. That brought my carbs down to 128.

Monday- 35 minute swim
    Tuesday - 1.5 mile walk
    Wednesday - 35 minute swim
    Thursday - 1.5 mile walk
    Friday - 40 minute swim
    Saturday - 1.75 mile walk
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I was MIA the last week but I was still burning calories. I moved into my house it was nightmare to say the least. 20 hours of cleaning and just barely hitting the surface the lady was not very clean. Countless hours of walking Menards buying things for the house. Constant up and down stairs, bending and lifting. My hands actually got charlie horses to the point I could not move any fingers.
    I am however excited to walk the trails by my new house....but with caution because one of the trails is where I got ran over on Father's day by the little biker from behind.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    The October Challenge is :

1. Take your measurements at the start and end of the month.:::::::::Will take my measurements when I get home today!

2. Control Your Carbs. Limit your carb intake below what you had been eating before this month:::::::: I will do my best with this challenge...it's most definitely a challenge although I think sodium is more a challenge for me. I will focus on both!
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    Monday Check In::: So I got up Saturday morning and did my biggest loser workout DVD, got through it fine. But that night and especially Sunday morning I was in pain, well just sore VERY sore from my hips to my knees. Ouch. SO I didn't do the DVD again instead I went for a 48min walk with my daughter, well she's almost 4 so she rode in the stroller most of the time but got out a few times and walked and jogged lol then. Then I am STILL sore this morning, I mean horrible so lol sitting and getting up sucks. But I got up at 5am and went for a walk outside. Which I don't think I'll ever get up that early and walk oustide again, I was freaked out the whole time.......seen too many horror/thriller/suspense movies lol Even though my town is less than 500 lol But it was nice. Maybe 6am next time though... :)
    Just had a good weekend and no gain over the weekend!!!

Well wish my luck I have my placement testing today after work! SO very nervous! I think I'm more nervous about finding the right place at the college lol

Have a magnificent Monday!
    Tina
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen- congrats on the house, sorry it's so much work now, but I'm sure you will get to enjoy the fruits of your labor soon.

@Tina- I walk in the early morning (5:00 am) so understand freaking yourself out, but in the end it's what works best for me, so I figure I'm just in my neighborhood, and it's most likly not any less safe than later. I do take my cell phone and a flash light. My biggest worry is avoid the skunks, I see them every morning, so now I walk in the middle of the street as the skunks are normally in the grass. ~ but you need to do what you need to do. Best of luck on your tests!
    Margaret
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Saturday evening was a soup, rolls, and cobbler dinner with the ladies at church. I volunteered to take soup so I would have some that I knew I could eat. It was so popular that they actually stood up and asked over the loud speaker who made that soup, because others wanted the recipe. It was a tomato base hamburger soup (very little hamburger) with lots of veggies and a little elbow macaroni. I had 1 roll and small serving of cobbler. I came in under calories for the day. :smile:
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Saturday evening was a soup, rolls, and cobbler dinner with the ladies at church. I volunteered to take soup so I would have some that I knew I could eat. It was so popular that they actually stood up and asked over the loud speaker who made that soup, because others wanted the recipe. It was a tomato base hamburger soup (very little hamburger) with lots of veggies and a little elbow macaroni. I had 1 roll and small serving of cobbler. I came in under calories for the day. :smile:

That's awesome, those church meals can be killers!
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    It was a tomato base hamburger soup (very little hamburger) with lots of veggies and a little elbow macaroni.

Super job staying under! Pot luck is so difficult.

Can I get the recipe for the soup? :blushing:
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    I'd love to share the recipe. What is the best way to get it to you?
  • annanichelle
    Options
    How did you do it? I am just starting. 100 is my goal. I am a college student forced to eat dining hall food not labeled with nutrition facts. Do you have any suggestions?
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I will check in with my weight on Wednesday, since that is when I started, but I did weigh today at the gym and had lost 3/4 lbs, with two days to go. Went over on food yesterday only did a few exercises this weekend. Went to gym today and a lady there was very rude to me. She kept yelling at me because I didnt move fast enough and during the last session, we were tossing our foam barbells from hand to hand. Everyone was dropping theirs and I dropped one of mine. I must have splashed her because I heard his make a rude noise. I looked over and said "Did I splash you, I;m sorry" Instead of acknowledging my apology, she gave me a look that would have killed a horse. I lost my cool and said "Apparently my presence in this pool bothers you so I will just leave." And I did. Realize I should not have let her get to me. Debating whether to talk to the instructor about this of just ignore it. She has been rude to me in the past and I have overlooked it. I try to acknowledge her each week with a Good Morning. I tried not to let it ruin my day.

One thing I have noticed, even though I am within my calorie limits most days, I still tend to eat large portions. I want to reduce the portions I eat at each meal. Maybe spread them out over the day.

I did 50 minutues of water aerobics. I am scheduled to do some bicep and tricep curls for another challenge

Measurements are Bust: 48" Waist: 49" Hips 58.5" I'm glad about the carb reduction, because I feel that will be helpful to me

lizmil - That's so good to know. My tummy is inflamed and the Dr can't do anything about it. Nexium didnt work. Perhaps losing weight and eating better will help. I am trying coconut water this week to see if that helps. Read somewhere it was good for gastritis

Robin - Thanks so much for letting us know how to get to the new thread.

Skinnyjeansbound Many Happy Returns

Naceto. Today is the first day of the rest of our life. Move on and Be Happy. We can't change yesterday but can change tomorrow. Your self awareness and honesty are refreshing

mnwalkingqueen - Congrats on your new house and too bad about getting run over. Are you ok?
  • trhjrh06
    Options
    @mnwalkingqueen- congrats on the house, sorry it's so much work now, but I'm sure you will get to enjoy the fruits of your labor soon.

@Tina- I walk in the early morning (5:00 am) so understand freaking yourself out, but in the end it's what works best for me, so I figure I'm just in my neighborhood, and it's most likly not any less safe than later. I do take my cell phone and a flash light. My biggest worry is avoid the skunks, I see them every morning, so now I walk in the middle of the street as the skunks are normally in the grass. ~ but you need to do what you need to do. Best of luck on your tests!
    Margaret

Well I have other options such as a treadmill/elliptical at home or dvd's and will do those or something. I think next time I will go around 6am, it's not as dark. But it really wasn't that bad, just nervous my first time going out that early by myself.
    That sucks about the skunks, I don't have to worry about that, that I know of!
  • grandmakaye44
    Options
    @annanichelle I am just starting and it is easier for me because I am retired so I am at home and can prepare my own food. I find that the data base on MFP is pretty complete. I can usually find what I need or a reasonable equivalent. At first I was really hungry a lot, but I am getting adjusted to it. I often track my food before I actually eat so that I know just how much I can eat. You will be surprised how quickly you learn to judge calories and remember them from when you have eaten before. It also helps me to eat very nearly the same thing every day for breakfast and lunch. That gives me more flexibility for dinner. It also helps to have non-food distractions and things to do when you are bored or stressed. Those are my worst times.
    I also have divided the weight I have to lose into 25# increments. I will have to lose 25# 4 or 5 times, but that feels less daunting to me than the whole amount.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    How did you do it? I am just starting. 100 is my goal. I am a college student forced to eat dining hall food not labeled with nutrition facts. Do you have any suggestions?

Salad bar
    lean protein like chicken and fish
    At close to real as possible, no processed.
    One plate with one half filled with vegetables (low salt, no sauces) and the half split between a lean protein and a carb is a pretty balanced healthy meal. Can't go wrong there.

I would suggest finding out who provides the dining hall food. For example if it's Sodexo (They run our cafeteria at work) all their recipes are already in the MFP database so it makes it easy.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeans -- sorry to hear about your plateau. Are you measuring absolutely everything? And eating super-clean, wholegrains and lots of veggies? And yup, measurements is good, I think, for people who are stuck but doing lots of exercise. Well done on your 5k walk! I need to try black bean brownies; black beans are my favourite bean, and Japanese azuki bean paste is one of my favourite sweet treats. So I can see that black bean brownies would be brilliant.

@Kjeffries -- ooh, no, I haven't run a race yet (though I did a 5k in 2009). But I've started the training plan for the 1/2 marathon in March.

@Aug -- I hope you and your new truck will be very happy together!

@Kris -- Most of the time I remember the calories in dessert (or pudding as we Brits call it) and happily forgo it. But every so often I can't resist, and occasionally I eat something outrageous and then do an hour of sweaty exercise to make up for it.

@Reneelleen -- Well, I've not been here as long as six months, but I really like this thread. I don't always manage to keep up...

@Kaye -- we're eating loads of potatoes at the moment. I know they're quite high carbs (though my carbs are ok, generally below the 40% target) but they feel such good eating value at this time of year compared to rice or pasta.

A little NSV -- we had sandwiches in a sandwich shop yesterday, and they had lots of calories. And my daughter said 'oh, wow, Mum, how can there be so many calories in a tiny little sandwich when you make us entire dinners that have less calories? And they're huge!' Well, yes, daughter, because it turns out that actual foods like meat and fresh vegetables and even a modest amount of whole grains do not have that many calories in compared to a cheese baguette.

Monday check-in -- I've lost another two pounds! Which feels great. And I've just about stuck to plan all week. Funny how that works, isn't it?

I fished out the tape measure, and have lost inches since June! So that's nice. Now to lose more during October.

On spider killing -- I have a superstition against that. I believe it's an old myth of the spider that hid Jesus from Herod's troops by spinning a web -- at any rate, I learnt as a child that it's unlucky to kill spiders so I never do.

On burgers, I order the burger, with the bun (and cheese and grilled mushrooms and whatever), but generally no fries. I sometimes steal fries from my long-suffering husband, because I really just like a few. Six perhaps. That often halves the calories in the meal. I also avoid milkshakes, though I do love milkshakes and do find space for a good proper one every now and then.

Workout plan:
    Monday -- badminton & strength -- DONE, and also quite a bit of walking.
    Tuesday -- W2D1 of Ease into 5k
    Wednesday -- might have to be a rest day as I am going to a funeral a couple of hours' drive away. I'll try to squeeze in dance mat & strength
    Thursday -- W2D2 of Ease into 5k
    Friday -- dance mat & strength, maybe badminton
    Saturday -- W2D3 of Ease into 5k
    Sunday -- dance out at Tenterden Folk Festival

-- Alison
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Garetie - I admire your bravery in the dark morning hours. I bet you do see some neat animals.....

GrandmaKaye - can you print the recipe (just cut and paste) for your hamburger soup here so we all can have it? it sounds yummy!

KJeffries - I hate snootie people like that. But I am sadistic so I like to get in their face and say things they can't stand, that are hypocritical to them, like to her I'd say "Good Morning, I'm so happy to see my new best friend today, because you're always in such a good mood - why I could almost, almost I say, hug you!" with my face contorted into a BIG *kitten* SMILE. :laugh:

mwalkingqueen - so happy your in your house - and my sympathies the old person left it a mess :grumble: shame on them! UGH! its fun decorating at least, yes?
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Garetie - I admire your bravery in the dark morning hours. I bet you do see some neat animals.....

GrandmaKaye - can you print the recipe (just cut and paste) for your hamburger soup here so we all can have it? it sounds yummy!

KJeffries - I hate snootie people like that. But I am sadistic so I like to get in their face and say things they can't stand, that are hypocritical to them, like to her I'd say "Good Morning, I'm so happy to see my new best friend today, because you're always in such a good mood - why I could almost, almost I say, hug you!" with my face contorted into a BIG *kitten* SMILE. :laugh:

mwalkingqueen - so happy your in your house - and my sympathies the old person left it a mess :grumble: shame on them! UGH! its fun decorating at least, yes?
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Don't have a tape measure. Have a few errands to run tomorrow, so I will try and fit that in too!

1. rent
    2. temp parking pass
    3. tape measure

I did at one time take my measurements, but i'm curious on a few things...
    1. How do you know what is technically your "waist" and other places, I think I did my hips too.
    2. How tight do you pull your tape measure? Just so it's loose around the area, or as tight as it goes without scrunching skin?

Comprende? :D
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @alison--Yes, I do weigh all of my portions, and I log everything. However, I don't eat "clean"--when I started here I said I would allow myself any food as long as it fit in my calorie allowance. I feel like if I deprive myself of specific foods, then I'm on a "diet" and it just won't work. One thing I DO need to do is pay more attention to my macros which is why I'm glad we are focusing on carbs for the October challenge. I know keeping mine below 40% will make a difference (and force me to eat cleaner).

@kjeffries--I like robin's plan, but I would probably wouldn't be that brave. I would just make sure to steer clear of the rude *lady*. If she makes a point of standing in your general proximity, then it's her problem if she's bothered by you.

@kaye--great job at the church dinner!

@holly--Congrats on the new digs!! Glad you are getting settled in (even if it is a lot of work).

@kris--hope you lose that snotty 10 lbs quickly! :laugh:

@kelley--I don't think there's any need to post your measurements if you're not comfortable doing so. The key is to take them for your own knowledge. I'm not happy with my numbers, but I figure no one here knows me in the real world except garetie, and it's not like she was under the illusion that I have a 22 inch waist. :laugh:

@ksea--glad you are back for the Oct. challenge!

@christine--loved the Stuart Little quote--that's one smart mouse!

@jana--hope things calm down for you soon!

@gerrit--it's a new week--get on that elliptical and get going!

Monday check-in:
    Well not off to a *great* start with the carb challenge. Since it was my b-day yesterday, I had to bring snacks to work. I brought hummus and crackers, some black grapes, and milano cookies. The problem was, I didn't make my usual tilapia or swai to bring as my protein, so I ended up doubling up on the crackers and hummus. :ohwell: Also, one of the new teachers brought me a little box of Russell Stover assorted chocolates--just a 4 piece box, but I ate immediately ate 2 pieces which = 120 calories and 20g or carbs.

Planning better for tomorrow--baking my fish right now.

Hope everyone has a great evening.