Neck = 15
    Waist (@navel) = 43.5
    Torso (@narrowest) = 41.5
    Hips = 49.5
    Thigh = 26
    Calf = 14
    upper arm = 16
    Body fat - 37

My goals I have set to 40% (carbs) 30% (protein) 30% (fats)... I honestly am not sure what it should be, this was just what I remembered from a nutritionist I saw last year. I usually don't have a hard time with carbs except the last week, I have been eating a lot of fast food....
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I picked on the 'tater because i can't eat them. I only get 35 carbs per meal and a half of a medium potato wouldn't allow for any other carbs. I have to prioritize foods by how they fit in my macros and the potato doesnt fit well. I in no way meant to imply they were bad. In fact i love them SO much they were a big contributor to my diet before i started my journey.

My only point was that you can still show your love through your art in ways that allow you to eat AND stay on plan.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Happy October! Here are the measurements. Boy, that was hard to face.
    Neck 17
    Waist 46.5
    Tummy 53
    Hips 55
    Thigh 30.5
    Calf 17.25
    Arm 17
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    @Skinny you are so good at getting organize for the week how you post your goals and keep yourself accountable. Is great and how you are right ontop of the October challenge great example--:drinker:

@naceto--You are being real about where you have been at for the month of September I don't see honesty as negative. Thanks for keeping it real and your right October is a fresh start. :flowerforyou:

@TootsCongrats on 11 miles awesome :drinker:

@Karen Happy Birthday!!!!!:smile:

@Christine You can only do what you can do. I understand running out of energy.

@Kaye--I still have potato in my diet and am loosing weight. I don't eat them daily and been eating more sweet potato too , but I measure weigh everything I eat and check MFP alot to make sure it fits in my diet plan. One of the things I love about MFP is there isn't a set plan that all must fallow. We can each find one that works for us and still be supportive of each others journey. Also what is working for me now will change as my body is changing this is a learning process. :flowerforyou: Kaye you are doing great its all a journey

I will be back with my measurements -- need to find a tape measure big enough :tongue: to go around.

Carbs I allow what ever MFP says I should eat. I don't normally worry about all of the macros but will look at it more with this new challenge. I have been focusing on calories eating more brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc leaner kinds of protein portion control at the start also I do look at fat too but am stepping it up now to include the others sodium, and carbs.

Looking forward to October challenges will be back later today with the measurements and my carb number.

Have a good day,

Liz:drinker: :drinker:
  • nzenczak
    nzenczak Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Well my first weigh in was a little disappointing. I really thought I did very well, but only saw a .2 loss on the scale. This weekend wasn't so bad as I got my exercise in and ate fairly well. I'm ready to do it again this week. Keep your fingers crossed that I see a loss.

How is everyone else doing? How did your weekends go?
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    October challeng
    my starting measurements:
    Neck = 15
    Waist (@navel) = 44
    Torso (@narrowest) = 38
    Hips = 46 1/2
    Thigh = 24
    Calf = 17. 1/4
    upper arm = 14 1/2

Keep Carbs in check ~ under 100~ edited changed MFP to 35% goal to stay under MFP recommendation
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!
    So...computer went out at home yesterday, so I couldn't log in:grumble:

I know...I didn't know the Honey Bee said that until I heard it the other day:laugh: so will have to adjust it some...
    Hope you have a fantastic Monday!
    Be Blessed:heart:
    patty
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @toots--yeah, but I still applaud your ability to stay on the bike that long!

my tailbone wasn't applauding me :laugh:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

I know...I didn't know the Honey Bee said that until I heard it the other day:laugh: so will have to adjust it some...
    patty

NO don't change it, it makes me smile!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!!

patty

NO don't change it, it makes me smile!

^^THIS!! Don't you dare change it--I :heart: that lil' bee!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Happy to see everybody with their measurements at the ready for the October Challenge and already planning for the Keeping your Carbs under Control portion of the Challenge.

LOL :laugh: I can't measure myself because of my arms :laugh: I can't handle the tape measure! But I do notice an improvement today so I am hoping things are improving. Will be seeing a friend tomorrow and will ask them to help me measure.

I am going to hold my carbs to 150 gms a day. I also will try to find good articles to share for the edumication of us all, and encourage others to do the same. I think we should come out of this month carb geniuses! :love:
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Officially lost 10 lbs in the month of September.

PS. Do I have to get a tape measure (I don't currently own one) or something? Everyone had their measurements! ;)
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Officially lost 10 lbs in the month of September.

PS. Do I have to get a tape measure (I don't currently own one) or something? Everyone had their measurements! ;)

You can get a tape measure - a fabric, soft, one, at a fabric store, for around a dollar. Its a great motivational device and well worth it. You will be so happy to see inches come off !

And congrats on losng 10 lbs.in September - WOOT !!:flowerforyou:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Monday check-in: lost 2 lbs. I am glad to go back to work instead of moving my Mother-in-law. I am sore from moving yesterday. Thank God three of my Brother-in-laws (younger stronger and in better shape than me) were there to do most of the work.

I’ll try to remember to measure tonight and post the results.

For those looking for low carb information there is a group called "Low Carber Daily Forum....The Group!!!" which has some interesting stuff.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-group

Hoping we all have a great healthy week!

Tom
  • GerritTheBlacksmith
    Options
    Monday - Check In
    did terrible this weekend. i just could not get motivated to exercise.

on the plus side, the weather is nice an cool today. I will get on the elliptical tonight.
  • janak2004
    janak2004 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Greetings long lost MFP friends. I wave to you from under a huge mound of paperwork/grades/and dirty laundry and dishes! Last week was nuts and it is still going full steam ahead. I am hoping that it will finally calm down now that we are at the beginning of a new month.

Quick Check In:

Did not log anything this weekend because I honestly didn't have time. I did log into MFP though so that I would be able to keep my days accurate. I'm back on the wagon today and plan to stay there! I have missed you all and will check in soon!

Have a great day and I will see you all soon!
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends! Well I finally got kitchen cleaned except I need to mop the floor. Was going to do that this morning but got side tracked taking my measurements. This was something I was not looking forward to at all. The only measurement I took before was about a month into my journey, and that was my waist. So here goes the list:

Neck: 15.5
    Bust: 54
    Waist: 47
    Hips: 49
    Thigh: 25
    Calf: 17.75
    Upper Arm: 13.5
    BMI: 50.4

So according to these measurements I am a human fishing bobber!!!:huh: :huh: :huh: The good thing is I have lost a couple inches off my waist and my BMI has gone down 1% since I started MFP on July 1st. As Stuart Smalley says in "Stuart saves his Family" "its progress, not perfection." I recommend everyone watch this movie, it is so funny and Stuart has struggles with weight issues too.

Everyone have a wonderful day and a fruitful week. Love you all.

Christine:heart::heart: :heart:
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been goon a while. Just got my internet back on plus I gain some weight so I was discouraged. What is the October challenge? I want to try to participate? Hope everyone had a great weekend:smile::smile:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

The October Challenge is :

1. Take your measurements at the start and end of the month.

2. Control Your Carbs. Limit your carb intake below what you had been eating before this month.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Sorry, I haven't been as attentive lately - seem to have a lot going on these days. I'm actually home today with some sort of stomach ailment, not sure if its something I ate or if I caught the stomach bug my trainer caught from his daughter. Its just as well that I'm home, huge exam tomorrow night and I need all the extra study time I can get.

Monday Check-In~Had a pretty good weekend, busy as usual but made it to the gym for my workouts. Not down as much as I would have liked for the month of September, so hoping my numbers will be a little better for October.

I'm not comfortable sharing my measurements for October, I hope that is okay - I don't even want to know what they are, but I do take them every 2-4 weeks.

My workout schedule this week:

Sunday~Strength/Weights DONE!
    Monday~Cross Trainer (if I'm up to it later)
    Tuesday~Recovery day
    Wednesday~Bike/Row/TM
    Thursday~Personal Training
    Friday~Elliptical (unless I can sched spa appt)
    Saturday~Walk/Run on TM

Have a good day!