What's the meanest thing someone said to you?

Options

Replies

• Iwillrunagain
    Options
    When are you due? Yes, four times in a month....this is when I decided it was time for a change. I started running and went from 165lbs to 130 in less than a year. I guess sometimes a mean comment is what I need to get motivated.
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I wasn't going to go to prom because my date got grounded so I was home in my PJs and all these popular kids I didn't know too well came to pick me up. We went to prom and hung out in their hotel and had a little to drink afterward. Finally, I asked why they broughted me and one said, "Well we just look so much better when someone like you is with us."
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I had the pregnant thing for a few months, mind you my baby was only 8wks old, aren't you still suppose to have a pregnant pooch by then?? I didn't take any offence to that by my husband did, he was very offended:laugh: :laugh:

The one that has impressed my memory the most was when I was in high school, I wasn't huge but not tiny either, I went into a little shop and I had the owner bluntly take the clothes off my hands that I was going to try on and said "no,no, no,no! to small for you"
    Thank you very much, just made my day.......:tongue::laugh:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Got the usual, "are you pregnant?" from a coworker, and when I said no, instead of just leaving it at that, she felt the need to justify herself to me by saying, "oh, well your stomach was really sticking out, so I thought you were!"

*sigh*
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    "You'll never know what true love is until you have children." Or "your own children."

My husband and I are infertile. At this point, even if we could have children we wouldn't. So, I guess I will never know what love is.

Oh, I get that kind of thing all the time and it bugs me! I once had a co-worker tell me I might as well just kill myself now if I wasn't going to have kids!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I had an old fart one time ask me to roll down my window and when I did, he said "Just wanted to tell you how ugly you are. And how does your car keep moving with all that load it has to move around." I told him to go **** off and have a heart attack. Yeah mean of me to say but he was an *kitten* and what he said was uncalled for. I didn't do anything to him.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My mother said to me (after I had run away from home, and then came back on Christmas Eve) - "I don't know how the hell any man could pay to sleep with a fat pig like you."

I love my mom. She's not a toxic mother like so many here seem to have. I don't know why that came out of her then, especially since only a few hours before, she'd told me it was the happiest Christmas Eve she'd ever had, because I was back home. I guess the shock of finding out what I'd done while on the street, really got to her and she had to say SOMETHING. I don't know. :cry:
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    "You'll never know what true love is until you have children." Or "your own children."

My husband and I are infertile. At this point, even if we could have children we wouldn't. So, I guess I will never know what love is.

Oh, I get that kind of thing all the time and it bugs me! I once had a co-worker tell me I might as well just kill myself now if I wasn't going to have kids!

EEEwwww! ugly!! how dare some people, really. Why would you go and say horrible things like that. I mean I'm all for children, heck I have 3 of my own but that doesn't give anyone the right to have that sort of opinion. They should learn to keep it to themselves.
  • newcl360
    newcl360 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was 10years old at school and a boy in my class said to me (in front of everyone).....
    "you're so fat, you can't even fit through the doors at Jenny Craig"
    There was no need for him to say this!

That has stayed with me for years.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My dad used to say "it's ok honey your not the athletic you can be the athletic supporter." And not to long ago at work a co-worker told someone I would be pretty if I lost about 30 pounds.
  • irishdes
    irishdes Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A few come to mind:

1. in middle school walking to buses at the end of the day and boys are singing to me (to the tune of Pretty Woman) Twinkie Woman walking down the street, I went home and cried.
    2. In high school me and friends going out on a group date (my date was a blind date) and I was described by one one of the boys to my date as " she looks kinda like a WWF wrestler", found that out later in the night.
    3. I come from a family of large women and my Grandfather says to me at a family reunion..."Wow, why are you sooo big, don't you plan to do something about that?"
    4. In the breakroom at work, full of coworkers, a "friend" that I had just gone out to lunch with, says to someone "If you don't shutup, I am gonna have D sit on you cause she will crush you". That one burned.

All of these I am reading are so horrible, and it sucks to be on the receiving side of any of them. :grumble:
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I don't really even remember all the things I have been told over the years and really I don't let them stick with me but for some reason when my partners 6 year old (at the time) son called me fat earlier this year and told me I wasn't his dads type really upset me. That was less than two months before I got serious about my health and fitness.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I always tell my staff in training, "Before you ask when it's due, be very, very sure....." and to remember that "They" are entitled to be treated with dignity, no matter how annoying they may be.

It helps (it also helps if *I* remember these things too when sorting out the mess my nurse made of my appointment book (etc) 'This Time!')
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The one that always makes me cry is "Are you having a boy or a girl?" I'm just like.. REALLY?!?! but I smile and say "I'm just fat" and then they turn red and look away.
  • I don't know if this really classifies as mean to me anymore, but at the time it certainly seemed mean. A younger sister and I were visiting family in Alabama and my aunt was wanting to take some family pictures so we stood up with everyone, and she comes up to me and pulls me out of the picture telling me I am to fat and will ruin the picture of everyone else. Yes, these are not her exact words to me as it's been 45 years now, but I still remember and to this day I won't have my picture taken.

I don't know what I weighed at that time, but my family has always referred to me as the amazon due to my being taller O a lot taller) then the rest of my sisters and weighing more. Today I am 5'7 and weigh 160, and one sister, last summer called me tubby/. At what point does love override perfection?

This has been a hard topic to read.
  • kerryberry666
    kerryberry666 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    all from my a**hole boyfriend at the time:

"My uncle and I agree that if you lost 20 lbs you'd be phenomenal"
    "Its just your arms legs and middle [that are too fat]. See? this part is normal" (referring to my forearm)
    "I don't find large breasts attractive" (I'm a D at a normal weight)
    "I think I'm over all my hang-ups I have with you"

He was my first bf and was a HUGE blessing when he finally broke up with me, after my many attempts to break up with him.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    My Grandma: Oh, you've been losing weight!
    Me: Yeah, I have, thanks for noticing! *beaming with pride*
    Grandma: Good thing it all came from your boobs!

I was utterly shocked. For her information, it was NOT from my boobs (which I am very proud of). They've actually gotten proportionally BIGGER. God. I also didn't like when she told me I was becoming a "lovely young lady" because she "was worried wouldn't"
  • toottoots
    toottoots Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Probably the day after i had my c-section with my son - my partner saw my scared belly and told me it looked like the jokers smile... :huh:

oh and at a friends Hen party - i was grabbed by a slobbering drunken man - naturally i pushed him away and he said i was "the ugliest thing ive ever seen"

yeah....thanks.... :drinker:
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My ex (who also lied to me, stole money from me, used me and turned out to be gay which I figured out anyways), once told me he didn't want to date anyone with bigger arms than him (maybe that says something about YOU and your puny arms!). He also broke up with me because of my weight, yet we still lived together because I was basically supporting him (I guess I had other issues at the time too..... :-/) I've learned a lot from that situation, though! But I've heard he's still a loser! lol
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The sad things is that this was meant as a compliment. I was very skinny in high school (under 100 lbs). When I went back for my 10 year reunion (looking great, I must say), one of my classmates run up and said, "Oh my gosh! You've gained so much weight!"

He later explained that he meant it as a good thing, but the shock remained.