NEW SHRED GROUP-DAY 11

Options

Replies

• karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

With regard to everyone experiencing sore joints, I was told this by a friend who is studying to be an Eastern Medicine dr. Try Vitamin D and Magnesium. These nutrients are VITAL in helping our musles relax, avoid spasming and not pull, strain, tear, etc. Vitamin D deficiency also causes chronic muscle soreness.

The past few weeks, I feel like I cant move. Everything hurts! So I will be taking my butt to the health food store to get in my supplements!

You are all doing great wth the Shred! I see we have a new member-WELCOME!

Have a great night all.

Happy shredding!
  • karen366
    karen366 Posts: 141
    Options
    D15L2 DONE YAYYYYYYY!!! Halfway there!!! 5 more days in this level.. I think I am going to take a one day break (for real this time) :noway: Tomorrow I'm back to C25K training and Wednesday night I'm taking my first Zumba class - I CAN'T wait!!!! I hear it's such a blast! This particular class is really like a party... something like 200 people in the classroom! I will have a FULL report Wednesday night :)!

Keep Shredding Shredders!!!!!:flowerforyou:
    LOOK at you go! You are an exercise machine! Have fun with the Zumba..it looks fun!
  • karen366
    Options
    Didn't wake up early enough this morning to shred and as much as I didn't want to do anything when I got home, I made myself do it! I'm still using 3 lb weights for circuit 1 & 3, but use the 5 lb weights for circuit 2. I'm really not liking the jump rope part of course and the plank pushups aren't too bad I can actually walk out & back with my legs straight now, but can't manage to do the pushup part haha.

Anyone know what I can do for my knee? I have no idea when I hurt it but now during workouts it starts to hurt more. For the second section of the jump rope I was basically jumping on one leg cause the other knee hurt too bad! It's really bugging me because it's not too sore when I walk or anything else, just during workouts.

Maybe modify the jump rope part...instead of jump roping maybe until your knee feels better you can do the punching from Level 1..you will still be moving !
    You are doing awesome1
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    L2D2 (or 12) CHECK! I am really looking forward to improving at this level like we did with L1...I feel like such a lame-o when I have to take breaks now lol!! And I never thought I would consider the "regular" jump rope to be easy!

I swear I saw a little bicep trying to come out today.

As someone with chronic knee problems, I have some advice: first, get a nice biiig bottle of glucosamine and start taking it daily. It will take awhile to build up (4-5 weeks) but it has helped me so much I can't even describe. Second, ice after the workout. Knee-shaped ice packs are spendy so just use a bag of frozen peas or corn. Ice for 10-20 minutes and that should help.

Also, as has been mentioned, think about new shoes. There are some really high-impact moves so make sure you have cushy, supportive shoes.
  • karen366
    Options
    L2D8 done! Two more days then on to level 3.....ugh if I have to hear Jillian talk about going jean shopping ONE MORE TIME!!!! LOL...anyhow, with this level I only did the shred, I didn't use the treadmill..I wanted to see if I got better results doing extra cardio during the day...I have the next 2 days off and I bought BL Cardio Max..I am considering doing that as well the next couple of days..

Hope all is well! Many of us are half way there!
  • chrissypoo
    Options
    how do you edit the calorie goals i want to change mine from 1200 to 1500 and i dont know how
  • apatrick23
    Options
    I took a day off yesterday which would have been D15L2.... oh well, back on the daily grind or should I say shred? I will be doing it today and I will be sweating my butt off.

I'll keep ya posted!
  • sofaking6
    Options
    how do you edit the calorie goals i want to change mine from 1200 to 1500 and i dont know how

My profile -> goals -> change goals (big green button)
  • karmasBFF
    Options

Isnt that a GREAT feeling!? Dont question if you saw it...you know you did! And you know you have been kicking your butt so that's just a sign of progress! WAY TO GO!
  • karmasBFF
    Options

My profile -> goals -> change goals (big green button)

You should change your goal to about 1lb a week, maybe 1.5 depending on your weight. You can do this by the GUIDED option.

You can also use the custom, but please be sure to know where you should be before you go into this option. I use the custom option and its working for me but I do TONS of research!!!

Either way, great idea to up your intake!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Woooo hooooo D9 L1 done! One more day....i'm tired of JM telling me she could use "some good chest flies in her life" LOL
  • karen366
    Options
    Has anyone seen leeslim4life lately? I miss her motivation. Hope all is well with her...
  • karen366
    Options
    Woooo hooooo D9 L1 done! One more day....i'm tired of JM telling me she could use "some good chest flies in her life" LOL

Excellent...doesn't certain spots get annoying..I am starting to feel that way about level 2...I only have 2 more days...I am sure there will be something in level 3 that will annoy me just as much! Oh well, as long as I continue to see the inches come off, I will let her annoy me!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Excellent...doesn't certain spots get annoying..I am starting to feel that way about level 2...I only have 2 more days...I am sure there will be something in level 3 that will annoy me just as much! Oh well, as long as I continue to see the inches come off, I will let her annoy me!

Yeah...I'm really looking forward to a change in pace. I think that's what I love about this dvd is that it changes. :) Keep at it! GREAT job with sticking w the program thus far. I think I'll do the entire 30 days again after i'm done but w 5lb weights all the way through. Right now I'm a wimp w 3lbs weights.
  • karmasBFF
    Options
    Has anyone seen leeslim4life lately? I miss her motivation. Hope all is well with her...

She is in St. Maarten!! Lucky girl! LOL
  • sofaking6
    Options

Isnt that a GREAT feeling!? Dont question if you saw it...you know you did! And you know you have been kicking your butt so that's just a sign of progress! WAY TO GO!

LOL well I'm not kicking my own butt anymore since I'm off Level 1 ;) ISN'T THAT RIGHT BUDDY?
  • karmasBFF
    Options

LOL well I'm not kicking my own butt anymore since I'm off Level 1 ;) ISN'T THAT RIGHT BUDDY?

hehehe...

you are right about that!
  • karen366
    Options
    I did the first segment of the Biggest Loser Cardio Max today..it was a bit challenging, but I like it. I will do it again tomorrow along with the shred...until I am finished with the Shred I will probably just add it a 2-3 days a week...

I have to say, I like listening to Bob more than Jillian at this point.
  • karen366
    Options

This makes me giggle!
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    L2D4 done! My knee was hurting for some of it so I did modify the jump rope section. But for the first part of Biggest Loser I did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I couldn't go as fast as normal but I got in an okay sweat and it wasn't painful on the knee, even though it did still hurt after the workout. I'm hoping icing it will help because it's really annoying and I feel like it's limiting the effort I can put into my workout.

I hope everyone had a great day & an awesome workout!

Karen- I like listening to Bob more than Jillian too! But I always liked him better on the show anyway so I figured I would like him better on the workouts. I do like the biggest loser workouts though he is a great trainer and I don't find him to be annoying even when hearing the same thing every day