Pot is legal in CO and WA

Options

Replies

• Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I dont care if they legalize/ dont legalize. I am a tobacco smoker. I am just sick and tired of Pot smokers giving me **** because I like to smoke a cigar and feel there should be more places for tobacco smokes to go inside to smoke. a cigar bar or lounge. DOnt make one smoking substance more legal and another smoking substance closer to illegal.
    my $.02
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Stoners rejoice. they can now smoke marijuana like they smoke cigarettes. The American IQ just took a big hit. What do you think?

The benefits of marijuana are so great that this could NEVER be a bad thing. It cures cancer, it helps very sick people who cannot get relief from any man-made chemical and it end crime when legalized. Drug legalization = income from tax revenue and ending gang/cartel crime.

YAY!

Weed kills cancer now?
    That's new one on me...

Not so much that it "kills" it,,, but what has been shown is that it seems to prevent cancer through helping remove dead cells (cancer is caused by dead cells not being sloughed off properly). At least, that's how I understand it.
    I dont care if they legalize/ dont legalize. I am a tobacco smoker. I am just sick and tired of Pot smokers giving me **** because I like to smoke a cigar and feel there should be more places for tobacco smokes to go inside to smoke. a cigar bar or lounge. DOnt make one smoking substance more legal and another smoking substance closer to illegal.
    my $.02

Yeah, but second-hand cannabis smoke hasn't been known to cause cancer (well, no cannabis smoke has, for that matter)... so while I understand your perspective, you aren't looking at the full picture.
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Speaking as proud voter for Colorado's Amendment 64, I can tell you that this will do amazing things for this state. If you've ever been here, you'll know that half the people here partake in the use of marijuana anyway. Now it can be regulated and taxed with the money going towards funding our schools. In addition to that, our tax dollars will no longer be wasted pursuing small time marijuana sellers, growers and users, and can now be spent fighting real crime. Beyond the medicinal qualities of marijuana, it is a very valuable natural resource and we now have the freedom to benefit from it. Thomas Jefferson would be proud.

ETA: There is no difference between this and the end of alcohol prohibition.

What she said.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    It's about time. Geez. Booze is far far far more lethal IMO. I can't wait until it's legal in CA. I'm all over it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is at the State Level... but those states will still have to contend with the Federal Government on this issue.

This is what happened with alcohol prohibition. Cannabis prohibition is just a repeat of history. Once the majority of states have changed their laws, the Feds will have to end their war against us.

Personally, I'm in recovery. I lost custody of my children for this and had to FIGHT above and beyond what you might imagine to get them back. I won that war. Even if they make it legal, I don't know if I would ever go back to using it. It cost me much more pain and grief than it was ever worth.

Besides... if you think the tobacco sales tax is high, just wait until they are finished with this.
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Whats dangerous about tobacco that isnt dangerous about marijuana
  • brunauxyeuxbeaute
    Options
    Clean marijuana plants have way more health benefits than a bottle of hard liquor ever will. If is taxed and regulated properly, it will solve way more problems than it creates.

Exactly what I was going to say!!

Very very true!
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    KegPp.gif

BWAAHAHAHAHA!!!

EVerywhere you loooooooooook...
    Freaking love this
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Stoners rejoice. they can now smoke marijuana like they smoke cigarettes. The American IQ just took a big hit. What do you think?

The benefits of marijuana are so great that this could NEVER be a bad thing. It cures cancer, it helps very sick people who cannot get relief from any man-made chemical and it end crime when legalized. Drug legalization = income from tax revenue and ending gang/cartel crime.

YAY!

Wow it cures cancer? Does the FDA and do all scientists working on a cure know this?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

<snip>

For me personally, I have a joint (yes joint) disorder that causes me excruciating pain daily. There is no real way to treat it, practically no doctors will see you for treatment and It effects my diet, speech and life greatly. The most common treatment is muscle relaxers or pain pills, both of which can be expensive, addictive and many doctors won't prescribe them long term. Marijuana is the ONLY thing that has helped me manage the pain and symptoms. It's natural, non-addictive and has improved my quality of life. Until a person lives with pain so bad that they average 2-3 hours of sleep, cry out daily and nightly in pain that is so bad they feel like they will pass out, and live with that pain daily, they have NO RIGHT to tell me I can't take a natural supplement to help me live a bit better.

My husband has Crohn's disease, and his GI doctor has told him flat-out, "Clearly it's working. I wish I could prescribe it."

Once you have been there, or watched a loved one suffer from the side effects of the dangerous prescription drugs that masquerade as medicine these days, you can't help but be outraged that it was *EVER* made illegal in the first place. Cannabis oil used to be found in nearly every medicine bag in America.
  • Celliott411
    Celliott411 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am all for the legalization of marijuana, but here's my question. How will it be monitored when it comes to vehicular use? I say this, because, I know there were times when I used to smoke that it was not safe for me to be behind the wheel. Fortunately, I had the common sense to wait it out, but not everyone does/will. Atleast with alcohol, there is a system that can relatively determine how intoxicated someone is and have proof to hold them accountable in court. However, there's not really a way to tell, how high someone is. Is there?
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I know where I'll be applying for work now, I've been wanting to move for a while now
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Is this the "medical marijuana" or the real deal that was legalized?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Legalize and tax the shiz out of it...I don't use it, but don't care if others would like to.
    Agreed. I don't care if others use it. It'd also solve *some* of the border violence/drug cartels.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Countries who have legalized drugs (not just pot) have seen addiction rates drop tremendously. Humane nature is to get what we can't have...give it to the people and it loses appeal. If it doesn't then it just seems like natural selection at work to me!

I agree legalize it all and tax the crap out of it... reduce our debt and population all at the same time:tongue:
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I live in WA. I don't smoke but I think it's great and will hopefully bring in some money. As a person who has seen the ravages of cancer and other diseases on friends and family, I've watched them wither as they can't hold down food and have lost their appetite, I'm extremely happy they can have access to marijuana to help.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I live in WA and im not happy about this. Hope they tax the crap out of it

Boo Hoo! Cry me a river of joy, and I'm all the way down in Missouri!
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Cheetos a Doritos sales are about to spike in those states.

LMAO!!!!:laugh:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Is this the "medical marijuana" or the real deal that was legalized?
    Recreational marijuana, meaning it will be legal for them to possess 1 oz and grow up to 6 plants.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    co.jpg
This discussion has been closed.