30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• sandrahermione
    Options
    I would love to join. I am on day four and my calves ache. In August I was on level 3 and felt great. Until the holidays. Back on now.
    Gw 140 lbs.
    Cw 148 lbs
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Couldnt do day 2 yesterday had stomach flu :( but this morning im much better just dropped of the lil one to school and time for my exercise. Im still a tiny bit sore from day 1 gonna use 5lbs this time and maybe do one regular push up lol. If I feel energized might just throw in 30 min of cardio.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether last night was day 3 or 2 for me as the first night I only intended to watch the video but ended up doing most of the exercises.

Anyway, my calves hurt so much this morning that it's hard to go down stairs. Nothing else is particularly sore, just my calves.

So, do we just keep doing it despite any pain we're in?
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't know whether last night was day 3 or 2 for me as the first night I only intended to watch the video but ended up doing most of the exercises.

Anyway, my calves hurt so much this morning that it's hard to go down stairs. Nothing else is particularly sore, just my calves.

So, do we just keep doing it despite any pain we're in?

That's what I've been doing! I'm on day 4 without a break and I certainly feel better pain wise.
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Day two on the Shred. It looks easier than it actually is. I am thinking of doing some walking on the treadmill tonight. I usually go to the gym for almost an hour a day.

Is everyone just doing the shred or are they doing more cardio besides?
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 6 for me! I'm not sore anymore ~ muscles just feel tighter
    I am doing cardio at least twice a week on top of the shred everyday. Jogging on Monday and Wednesdays- possibly elliptical on Friday ~ haven't decided yet....
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    On Day 4 now...I'm starting to feel the burn now, as I am using the same muscles everyday. After 30DS I've been hitting the treadmill for 30 mins. Now I will start doing the 10 min Silm-in-6 Abs instead and jogging on the treadmill in the afternoons perhaps every other day.
  • Mari82chicago
    Options
    Ok so I just finished day 2 today. I used 5 lbs instead of the 3 lbs from day one and let me tell you i felt the burn!! I was sweating more and my heartrate monitor said I burnt 300 calories in 27 minutes! compared to the 200 I only burned on day one. So the heavier weight cause my heart rate to increase thus more calorie burn in return!! Yay!! During my cardio sessions from video I went faster and harder to burn more.
  • Mari82chicago
    Options
    Day two on the Shred. It looks easier than it actually is. I am thinking of doing some walking on the treadmill tonight. I usually go to the gym for almost an hour a day.

Is everyone just doing the shred or are they doing more cardio besides?

Im on the heavier side so I think I myself will add in more cardio to burn my existing fat. Not this week though. I want to get through the videos for a week and then add on. Dont want to over do it and burn out too fast.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    30-2.png

k hope I have everyones info

Hope everyone is ding better than me :)
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    i just realized it keeps cutting off the end any ideas?
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yep. I kept resizing my pictures with Microsoft, but when I loaded them to photobucket they were alway back to their original size. But if I resize them with Adobe, they stay put. Resize with something different than you're using.
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    I copied and pasted it into paint then uploaded to photobucket thats why i dont understand how its getting resized
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey kirstina_23
    I see that I am on your spreadsheet. Yor are pretty ambitious!!! But although I wish my starting weight was 136 it is 146. But maybe soon :0
  • Pooj_K
    Pooj_K Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Today will be my 3rd..
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to calculate how many calories we actually burn for this? It seems almost impossible to calculate...tonight, I did Level 1 as well (this is my first time starting over for Level 1 lol) and I actually logged everything we did for cardio (because strength and abs are not calculated into calories in the myfitnesspal database) and when I logged all the cardio (which is only 5 minutes total of jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks and punches) it's only 43 calories burned!!! Makes me feel like you HAVE to incorporate something else with this...I ran a mile and a half today as well. I just wish I knew how much I was really burning so that my meal plan and calorie count is correct :frown: I am currently 168lbs - can someone help me?

I wear my HRM when I do it every morning, and I usually burn 400-425 calories in the 30 minutes. Now, I weigh around 190, so your calories will be a little different.
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Can I join? Today will be my 3rd..

welcome
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Just completed day 3!

I know that they're supposed to get easier as the days go on, but is anyone else finding it's getting a lot harder as the days go? Day 1 I found moderately easy, day 2 was a bit harder, but today I needed a few 5 second breaks and was sweating a lot more. I'm 99% sure it's because my muscles are all in agony after the last 2 days and really sore. Even walking up the stairs was agony at work yesterday lol.

Anyway, off for a bath to try and soothe them a bit!

I'm with you. I did day 10 of level 1 this morning, and I would think by now the push ups would be way easier. NOPE! Then again, my upper body has always been less strong than my lower body. I sweat like a mule in TX in August every morning...and goodness knows I agree with her when she says I probably want to turn her off!
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    sorry about that , thats what one handed typing gets ya LOL
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Can I join? Today will be day 5 of workout 1.

Still sucking at push ups but doing good with everything else. Able to keep up with Natalie on a lot.