Success Stories: Moms Edition!

Options

Replies

• feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I also want to thank everyone who is posting for their inspiration and perspiration! I've had a bad couple of weeks, and am struggling to get back on the wagon again. It's good to be reminded that it can be done.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
    My twin boys will be TWO (!!!) in a couple of weeks. I'm back at pre-pregnancy weight now, but that's 170 on a 5'2" frame. I've been overweight for a long time, so it's weird to think about being "normal." My next goal is to get 150, then we'll see from there. And yes, I have the dreaded c-section pooch too!
  • tiredmammy
    Options
    Well done - very motivating :flowerforyou:

BEFORE: JANUARY 2, 2012
    front-1.jpg

AFTER: JULY 9, 2012
    fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY
    IMG_20120730_171835-1.jpg

[/quote]
    [/quote]
  • praying4four
    praying4four Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    All you mamas are very inspiring!! Thank you for sharing your stories, I hope to be able to share my weight loss story within this next year!! Love this site!
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

I am a mother of twins and 2 singletons all delivered by C-Section

front-1.jpg

fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY (MONTH ONE)

HOPING FOR AN AMAZING PICTURE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!

Talk about inspiration for us c-section mommies! That is amazing!
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    1yearanniversary.jpg

I have a 7 year old little girl and a 5 year old little boy until I started losing weight a year ago for their entire lives I was 270lbs and above...they've never known a skinny mama til now :wink: ...and not only that I get to instill in my children a healthy lifestyle and all of the health benefits I have learned over these past 13 months so they will also be healthy adults!

I still have about another 41lbs to lose til I reach by goal weight, but I think I've done pretty good so far, and I will continue to do so for the rest of my life :flowerforyou:
  • jan_birdie
    Options
    Very inspiring! I'm a mom of 3 (all c-sections); you've all given me hope.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm not close enough to a goal to post very interesting photos yet, but here's my MFP lovefest: I'm 5'7", was around 160 when I conceived #1, gained 55 lbs!, got back to 160 at one-year post-partum before conceiving #2 a year or so later. Gained 60 lbs!! to 220. Was around 184 within 6 weeks post-partum and stayed there for around 6 months, then lost only a few pounds over the the next year. I was fluctuating wildly between 173 and 180 despite sporadic exercise and what I believe was "being careful." Oh, and nonstop, extended nursing upon request up through today. :D

In mid-August of this year, when my daughter was 18 months, I buckled down and finally starting counting calories on MFP -- FOR REAL. Now I see that I was only fooling myself before that that I was really keeping track. I also began running in earnest then and got back to weight lifting, which I have always loved. With consistent tracking on MFP and regular exercise (4-5 days a week for three months now), I instantly started losing weight and kept losing it steadily. It really does feel like it's just melting off. I've lost about 13 pounds in 12 weeks and gone from size 14s (and lots of maternity clothes! <cringe>) to fitting in all my 12s and some 10s. I've also found that my body does not respond as drastically to indulgence as it used to. I'm eating net 1200-1400 and eating all my exercise calories (2000 a week), with an untracked overage day every week or two. I still drink beer and wine, I still eat cupcakes, I eat out all the time. I also have PCOS, which makes this a super uphill battle for me, but with MFP, it's been a cinch.

So I'm back to my pre-preggo neck of the woods, and I feel like continuing below that with MFP will be a breeze. It's so transparent! Unlike WW, which I did succeed with previously, but just couldn't commit to this time. It's just too much voodoo.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow.. there are some HOT mamas here!

I have 3 kids (6 years old and under) & I'm finally getting back to the weight I was before I had my first. I'm 6ft & before kids I weighed about 165. I got my body back pretty much straight away thanks to only gaining about 25lbs with my first, but with my second I gained well over 50lbs. I didn't let myself get any bigger with my third.. for the first 20 weeks I actually lost weight, so after I'd had him I was about the same weight as after my second. I got lazy, though, & put on about 10lbs a year after he was born. So I ended up 220lbs in May of this year.

Anyway, here I am now.. 175lbs. The lightest I've been in about 5 years! :)

At about 215lbs (with my beautiful family!)
    181550_10150153896960815_872996_n.jpg

And now, at 175lbs
    photo8.jpg
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow.. there are some HOT mamas here!

I have 3 kids (6 years old and under) & I'm finally getting back to the weight I was before I had my first. I'm 6ft & before kids I weighed about 165. I got my body back pretty much straight away thanks to only gaining about 25lbs with my first, but with my second I gained well over 50lbs. I didn't let myself get any bigger with my third.. for the first 20 weeks I actually lost weight, so after I'd had him I was about the same weight as after my second. I got lazy, though, & put on about 10lbs a year after he was born. So I ended up 220lbs in May of this year.

Anyway, here I am now.. 175lbs. The lightest I've been in about 5 years! :)

At about 215lbs (with my beautiful family!)
    181550_10150153896960815_872996_n.jpg

And now, at 175lbs
    photo8.jpg

You are gorgeous & I love that top!!
  • ANewBetterManda
    Options
    wow, great result. i started insanity monday. im loving it :
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it's a success story in progress. After I had my son 4 years ago I was around 300 pounds. Today I am 264. Goal is only 104 pounds away woot!
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I started in January of this year. I've had my ups and downs but I'm currenty doing Insanity and just started ChaLean Extreme on top of that.

I am a mother of twins and 2 singletons all delivered by C-Section

front-1.jpg

fjs.jpg

SECOND ROUND OF INSANITY (MONTH ONE)

HOPING FOR AN AMAZING PICTURE BY THE END OF THIS MONTH!!

Omg you look great! I'm currently doing Insanity. I hope to get results like you did!
  • rockermom5
    Options
    Love all the inspiration. :)

I am jumping back on the horse after a crazy month and a way too busy schedule. I am the mom of 5 kids (17,11,8,7,5). I have been over weight pretty much my entire adult life (since my eldest was around 2 or 3). I started buckling down and getting serious in June of this year, when I joined MFP. I have lost 20 lbs to date and I want to keep the momentum going. I am down a pants size, and see my shape changing slowly but surely.
  • blwalton70
    blwalton70 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! ;-)

I have 2 adorable kiddos ages 2 and 3 (they are 15 months apart and both born via c-section) Since starting MFP in May I have lost 29 pounds. I went from a size 14/16 to an 8/10 and an XL to a M. It's been a fun journey and I could not have done it without changing my relationship with food and pushing my body physically! So far this year I have ran a half marathon, ran the Ragnar Wasatch back relay race (17.2 miles) a triathalon sprint and played soccer twice a week. I have never been more happy. I have made time for me and now y kids get to benefit from it by having a healthier, happier, and more fun momma! Good luck to you and don't forget that if you don't take care of yourself, you can't really take care of your family!

FotoFlexer_Photo2.jpg
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Woot Ragnar! I ran Ragnar DC this fall. *high five* Wasatch Back is no joke!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I can not wait until I can show off my pictures! I just had my daughter 6 weeks ago. I also have a son who is almost 5 years old. I am currently 168 lbs I am 5' 6" and would like to get down to 130 by my birthday 4/12/13. So I have 6 months to lose 38 pounds... I know I can do it! Wish me luck.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thank you Hot Mamas for all of your pictures and inspiration! I'm still a work in progress but hope that it is only a matter of time before I can post my own success story and pictures!
  • TAS82
    TAS82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the inspiration, I can't wait to post my own success on here one day soon!
  • corlas0105
    corlas0105 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have had two c-sections, one was 7 years ago and the other was 5 years ago. I have yet to get rid of my "pooch," but am still working. I have done multiple things to live a happy and healthy life. I try to eat clean, but do not do it 100% of the time. I have done p90x twice, insanity, ran some 5ks. did a triathlon, and finished a 1/2 marathon in March. I am currently training for my second 1/2 marathon. I am the same weight (145) in both pictures, although at one point...in between the two pics I was down to 136. I am hoping someday to reach 132 as my goal. I am 5' 1".
    day1front-1.jpg
    Feb. 2011 (before exercise and diet changes)
    afterinsanity.jpg
    July 2012 (after Insanity)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I have two kiddos, 6 and 2, both were c-section and big ol' babies for petite me.
    I started when my baby was almost 1. I was arond 170, maybe a littte more and wore a size 14/16, more on the 16 side. I am now 126 and wear a 6/8. I'm 5'2.

Here's me! I hope it's not huge, sorry in advance!

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!