30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hey kirstina_23
    I see that I am on your spreadsheet. Yor are pretty ambitious!!! But although I wish my starting weight was 136 it is 146. But maybe soon :0
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Can I join? Today will be day 5 of workout 1.

Still sucking at push ups but doing good with everything else. Able to keep up with Natalie on a lot.
    welcome
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Has anyone figured out how to calculate how many calories we actually burn for this? It seems almost impossible to calculate...tonight, I did Level 1 as well (this is my first time starting over for Level 1 lol) and I actually logged everything we did for cardio (because strength and abs are not calculated into calories in the myfitnesspal database) and when I logged all the cardio (which is only 5 minutes total of jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks and punches) it's only 43 calories burned!!! Makes me feel like you HAVE to incorporate something else with this...I ran a mile and a half today as well. I just wish I knew how much I was really burning so that my meal plan and calorie count is correct :frown: I am currently 168lbs - can someone help me?

I use a heart rate monitor. Actually use the heart rate monitor for all of my MFP logging as it is for me; age, weight, height etc. After each workout I create the specific exercise on MFP and enter time and calories burned. Highly suggest one, they are great.
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Still sucking at push ups but doing good with everything else. Able to keep up with Natalie on a lot.
    welcome

What do I need to do?

SW: 144
    GW: 135 (not necessarily by the end of 30DS)
    Waist: 28.5"
    Hips: 39"
    Thighs: 24"
  • karyta
    karyta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, a little late!

SW: 175
    GW: anything less than 175!
    BUST: 38"
    WAIST: 40"
    HIPS: 43"
    THIGH: 26"
  • Butterfly_K
    Options
    Hey guys - day three today woohoo. I need some suggestions - I am so sore I could hardly move today. I did extra stretching after working out and made sure to eat plenty of protein and drink lots of water. What else can I do to help my poor muscles out? Any advice is appreciated :D
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    So I decided to take today off. I was just feeling too tired. I will continue with day 4 tomorrow. I am also going to try and do additional cardio a couple days a week.
  • His_Blue_Eyes
    His_Blue_Eyes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred months ago but never finished. Is it to late to join? I can probably get measurements tomorrow....Just moved and haven't located my tape measure.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Just did Day 4 today, feeling tired, but good. Not going to stop for one day at all. :)

I've been doing my regular cardio & dance classes in addition to it, but I'm also recovering from a cold so I think it may be affecting my output. But, I should be fine by tomorrow, so it's all good!
  • sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Something that I've been wondering about, and maybe this affects others as well?

I was hoping to do it without any rest days, or 1 a week if I had to. The actual reason being that I can't do the jumping jacks and skipping ect when anyone else is home since it makes too much noise, so I just do it while my dad's at work. However he has Sundays off.

I was wondering if on that 7th day I could just do the punches for the cardio workout and maybe do some jogging later? I find that with the cardio workouts they don't tire me at all, they just keep my heart rate up for the strength moves.
  • kirstina_23
    Options

welcome

What do I need to do?

Start the dvd on level 1 for 10 days then level 2 and then level 3. Mostly everyone is on level 1 some have joined who had started level 2 thats ok there a little ahead of us. Go at your own pace if you cant do the video all days its ok (not by jillian its not :) )

SW: 144
    GW: 135 (not necessarily by the end of 30DS)
    Waist: 28.5"
    Hips: 39"
    Thighs: 24"
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    So I decided to take today off. I was just feeling too tired. I will continue with day 4 tomorrow. I am also going to try and do additional cardio a couple days a week.

Thats ok dont over push yourself
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred months ago but never finished. Is it to late to join? I can probably get measurements tomorrow....Just moved and haven't located my tape measure.

welcome just send me your cw and gw
  • kirstina_23
    Options
    Hi everyone today is Day 4 hope everyone is doing well.

I know i did my day 1 yest and im feeling it !!!!
  • lenartn
    lenartn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 7 done!
  • sekaie
    sekaie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!

Happy that my muscles seem to have healed a bit today, so I barely needed a rest at all. I'm still on the girly pushups, but they're consistent and in pace and I never stop.

Also really proud that I slept in, with only an hour and a half to go before starting work. But I decided to just forgo doing my makeup and instead just did the shred, even though I was 99% certain I wasn't going to do it.
  • waterhizzle
    Options
    Hey guys,

Day 4 done and feeling proud of myself! My muscles are definitely a lot less sore today but I am still doing girly push ups, and usually wishing I could die halfway through the time, but it is slowly but surely getting better.

Btw, for those wondering how to calculate the calories from this, I read on another thread the following:

--This is apparently from Jillians website "30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out. ~ taken from Jillian Michaels website --

It really helped me...I log mine as general circuit training each day and use the above calculation for it.

Hope that helps!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    So, since I'm impatient, I measured and weighed myself today, I'm on L1 D5, I was pleasantly surprised with my results.

SW 152.6 CW 153.4 (I'm ok with this, as I've read some weight gain in the beginning is normal.

Arm 11.5--Arm 11.25

Thigh 22.5-- 21.5

Small waist 32"--- Small waist 31"

Large waist 38--- Large waist 37.5

Hips 38" --- Hips 37.5

So all in all, I've lost 3.25 inches total in 5 days. Amazing :smile:
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So, since I'm impatient, I measured and weighed myself today, I'm on L1 D5, I was pleasantly surprised with my results.

SW 152.6 CW 153.4 (I'm ok with this, as I've read some weight gain in the beginning is normal.

Arm 11.5--Arm 11.25

Thigh 22.5-- 21.5

Have u been doing it everyday? Thats awesome . Im barely doing day 3 today

Hips 38" --- Hips 37.5

• Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Arm 11.5--Arm 11.25

Thigh 22.5-- 21.5

Have u been doing it everyday? Thats awesome . Im barely doing day 3 today

Hips 38" --- Hips 37.5

I suck at replying sorry. But I meant to ask have you been doing it everyday? Thats awesome!