What made you decide to loose weight?

Options
davery1985
davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
I remember going back to work after my maternity leave ended and i overheard one of my work colleagues say that i should be ashamed that i had not lost the baby weight by the time my daughter was 10 months old, and that i must be so upset with myself for not looking like i did before i got pregnant. I was a size UK 16 at that point and i knew i needed to loose the weight, but hearing that just spurred me on even more!! At first i was upset and wanted to just tell her i heard what she said, but i thought to myself, ill show her that i can do this! Now 8 months on i think about her comment and it doesnt upset me now, i think to myself that if she never said it, that i might not have found this website and lost so much weight. I still have another 16lb to go, but im getting there slowly but surely.

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    To get back on stage... I do it every year. Bulk then cut.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    The mirror
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    elvis.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My pants!! They hurt to wear! Clearly, my *kitten* has gotten bigger, and I REFUSE to buy new pants! I bought four pair last year at $100 /piece! No way in heck am I running out to buy more expensive pants! Hahahaha!
  • michcruz
    michcruz Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My health felt like it was in jeopardy, I hated everything I wore, I hated the way i looked in the mirror and especially in pictures. Something just had to be done!
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    looking in the mirror
  • davery1985
    Options
    My pants!! They hurt to wear! Clearly, my *kitten* has gotten bigger, and I REFUSE to buy new pants! I bought four pair last year at $100 /piece! No way in heck am I running out to buy more expensive pants! Hahahaha!
    Haha you sound like me!!!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Diabetes type II. I had it, along with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, plaque stuff in my arteries. I was on 6 different meds. I am no longer on any meds and it's all gone. I got another 100lbs I want to lose. It's slowed down but I am patient. Plus weight loss never has been my main goal. Getting healthy and staying healthy has and always will be.
  • jamcnabb
    jamcnabb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My health. My parents and grandparents all were diabetic and had heart issues due to obesity and I am determined to not go down that road.
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Realizing that I am the heaviest I ever been in my 42 years, and not liking how I look in clothes. I have never been overweight, and am not overweight by common standards, but for me I am not liking it. Going back to minus 12-15lb.

.... and .... I got hot fiance, can't have better looking husband then myself LOL.
  • davery1985
    Options
    Diabetes type II. I had it, along with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, plaque stuff in my arteries. I was on 6 different meds. I am no longer on any meds and it's all gone. I got another 100lbs I want to lose. It's slowed down but I am patient. Plus weight loss never has been my main goal. Getting healthy and staying healthy has and always will be.
    Aw thats fantstic news getting off the medication!! Im sure it will come off in time, its taken me 8 months to loose most of my weight, but i still have abit to go too. Good luck xx
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The feeling that my favorite jeans were getting tight.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wanted to for a while, but didn't. Then the wife, who wanted to for a while as well, took a bit of initiative, and then I was all over it like that stuff that goes all over the other stuff.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have now retired and have booked a cruise next September to celebrate. There are a number of formal dinners, which we will be attending so I need to get a dinner suit. I then discovered that it was next to impossible to get an "of the peg" suit in my size and shape. I am now determined to get back down to a size where I can wear anything I want.
  • karylee44
    Options
    photos!!! wow... never thought i looked that bad!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Also, swimming in public on vacation. Wake up call.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    When I was able to do the truffle shuffle then it was a good time to lose it.
  • _Calvin_
    _Calvin_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My pants got a little to snug and I hate shopping so losing weight seemed to be the only alternative. That and my life insurance company said they would drop my yearly rate if I lost the weight.
  • angels960
    angels960 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I remember going back to work after my maternity leave ended and i overheard one of my work colleagues say that i should be ashamed that i had not lost the baby weight by the time my daughter was 10 months old, and that i must be so upset with myself for not looking like i did before i got pregnant. I was a size UK 16 at that point and i knew i needed to loose the weight, but hearing that just spurred me on even more!! At first i was upset and wanted to just tell her i heard what she said, but i thought to myself, ill show her that i can do this! Now 8 months on i think about her comment and it doesnt upset me now, i think to myself that if she never said it, that i might not have found this website and lost so much weight. I still have another 16lb to go, but im getting there slowly but surely.

Colleagues can be so *****y!

Mine was recently one of my colleagues asked me when my baby was due (it was sincere!) I am not pregnant :(
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    photos!!! wow... never thought i looked that bad!

This.

and it's *lose