That weird thing you do...

Options

Replies

• thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I'm home alone I turn on all the lights so it looks like my house is inhabited, I guess because I have a paranoia/fear of being murdered. Haha.
    I do the opposite. I don't want anyone to be able to see in and me not be able to see out. If they're gonna come in, I'd rather have a warning.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I hold my breath driving through tunnels or over bridges. It's gonna screw me over if I ever drive through Switzerland or Austria, but for the time being I can just about manage it in the UK.

Also, if I'm driving home and it starts getting dark when we're on a long journey, I try to race the sunset. If I get home before it gets properly dark then I win!
  • Huppmanj
    Huppmanj Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I smell my upper lip. Well, actually, it's how I plug my nose when I'm going underwater. It makes the *ugliest* face. But hey cool, whatever, not many people can do this rare and strangely creepy looking thing I do. *shrugs*

That is awesome! I CAN DO IT TOO! When I learned to swim I discovered this wonderful trick!
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I sleep with the back of one foot in between my big and second toe of the other foot....

I almost orgasm when someone roars very low and loud in my ear.....
  • LosinItAll2012
    Options
    Oh..I read lips as well!!!!

If I am facing someone and they are talking to me, but cover their mouths for some reason... I cannot pay attention to what they are saying! I have such a hard time concentrating while talking on the telephone!!! :ohwell:
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Haha!

I eat my pizza and ribs with a fork too!

I hold my breath driving past graveyards as well! Its not polite to breath in front of the dead

I try to remember this but at the end of the month just before I go to sleep I say Rabbit, Rabbit and when I wake up in the morning on the 1st of the month, I say bunny bunny. -Its suppose to make you lucky for the month

I knock on wood when I say something I might think is jinxed

If I spill salt, I through a pinch over the left shoulder

I believe if a bird flies in your house someone close to you will die.

I believe bad things comes in threes. I also believe that when something really bad happens to you, something really good is about to happen in the next 6 months. I am talking big stuff like significant money, babies, meeting the love of your life.. etc etc

Friday the 13th is for real. haha-I always have near misses

If you pick up a penny with the heads up, you'll have good luck, if its on tails, throw it over your back.

If your nose itches "kiss a fool or get in a fight" Kiss your hunny before it happens. hahaha
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the stories I tell or really anything I say goes off one some strange tangent with my hands flailing around and I get the blank stare with "You're weird." This happens daily. No lie.

I talk in my sleep and it's not English.

I hate eating with my hands - if I have to, I do this tapping thing with my food and make sure there's no stray pieces before putting it in my mouth - if something hangs I immediately cover my face and grab a napkin. I also eat very tiny pieces for this same reason.

Y'know that whole "ehrmagerd" thing? My best friend and I have been talking like that to each other for almost 10 yrs now. We'll have an entire conversation like that.... "Jerrr werrr err yeerrr gerreeng?" "Seermernta, I herve ter sherrt!" (Jill where are you going? Samantha, I have to... )

There's so much more...
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options

If I am facing someone and they are talking to me, but cover their mouths for some reason... I cannot pay attention to what they are saying! I have such a hard time concentrating while talking on the telephone!!! :ohwell:

Do you ever read lips of the people in the car behind you when stopped at a traffic light?
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the stories I tell or really anything I say goes off one some strange tangent with my hands flailing around and I get the blank stare with "You're weird." This happens daily. No lie.

I talk in my sleep and it's not English.

I hate eating with my hands - if I have to, I do this tapping thing with my food and make sure there's no stray pieces before putting it in my mouth - if something hangs I immediately cover my face and grab a napkin. I also eat very tiny pieces for this same reason.

Y'know that whole "ehrmagerd" thing? My best friend and I have been talking like that to each other for almost 10 yrs now. We'll have an entire conversation like that.... "Jerrr werrr err yeerrr gerreeng?" "Seermernta, I herve ter sherrt!" (Jill where are you going? Samantha, I have to... )

There's so much more...

I want to live in your pocket.

I count when I go over bridges, and have an escape planned in my head to save everyone if we fall of the edge into water.

I also count when i am on the toilet out of boredom.

EVERYTHING reminds me of a song...i break out into song several to many times a day.

I rub my hands together when i am excited or cold.

I like to imagine who I would bite when I am at the gym.

I talk to my cats and make their noises, brbrbrrbrrmt? and most peoples cats love me even when they HATE everyone.

I make a killer guinea pig noise.. ungh?...ungh?...ungh?.....and can make the noise like water is dripping without plucking my cheek.

K
    I am weird.
    so much more.

OH! and i make a mathematical equation/pattern out of phone numbers to remember them...never fails
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I can crack my ankles, similar to people cracking their knuckles, but it's LOUD, and kinda squishy. It happens unintentionally when I walk, but I love when I'm waiting somewhere quiet (think doctors office) and I just start cracking them repeatedly. It actually made a lady sick one time :)

I do sooo many other things here that I'm not gonna bother trying to quote them :/
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    1 more noteworthy one - I had a deaf girl on my swim team as a kid. I learned the alphabet and a lot of signs so I'd chat with her.

After that whenever I spoke, my hand would be at my side spelling everything out. I couldn't shake the habit for YEARS! Sometimes I still do it.

Also when I had a fever as a kid I'd hallucinate - my mom used to think I was possessed and would do the rosary by my side.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I mix the weirdest foods together because in my mind its going to mix in your stomach anyway

I eat my fries with Ketchup and Mayo

When I pump my gas the last number in the price and the gallons HAVE to be an Even number

When I drive pass someone who is broken down I will do the sign of the cross and "send it" to their direction and hope that they are ok and get help soon.

When i am driving long distances I pray and make sure my passengers and I get there safe with no problems or issues or getting pulled over.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I can bend the top joint of my fingers back 90 degrees. I can pull my shoulder joint out of its socket. I crack ALL my joints and when I've done 1 I have to do all the others, including my spine and pelvis.. (I'm doing it now)! I can't eat a pizza without adding extra chillies and olives. I eat dried milk. I eat a slice of butter on its own (no bread or anything). I have to eat a piece of raw vegetable before I put in in the pot regardless of what it is, potato onion, cabbage sweetpotato etc!
    I sleep with one foot out of the bed to regulate my temperature. I HAVE to know the correct time, so I have a radio controlled clock in most rooms including the bathroom.
    When I make a costume for my daughter for school I spend days researching it and try to get it as authentic as I possibly can.

OMG I sound like a freak! All my mpf friends will be deleting me!!
  • LosinItAll2012
    Options

Do you ever read lips of the people in the car behind you when stopped at a traffic light?

Haha!! I DO!!!
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    i dont like having my food to touch. i usually eat things on a seperate plate
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I have people, ie; girlfriends, best friends, friends, girls, almost anyone willing, scratch my right wrist, all the way to my pinky finger.

I did something pretty stupid when i was 17, and had extensive stitches on wrist, thumb, and fingers. i didn't return to the hospital the next day like I was suppose to, took the stitches out myself, and still have nerve damage to this day. When people scratch my wrist, it's the next closest thing to sex. I even have a g spot on there, seriously. i think there might be a little glass still in my hand/wrist, and I think that's the result of the g spot. It's soothing, and yet can drive me crazy. I do scratch it myself as well, but it always feels better someone else doing it. I like it being bit as well, all over, from my wrist to the top of my pinky finger

it was called "wrist love" to any and all that knew about it. I even mentioned it in a song I wrote/recorded. " I set up jobs like I scratch my wrist" don't wanna get into the details, but that's how real this wrist love was.

No STD worries...LOL
  • LosinItAll2012
    Options
    1 more noteworthy one - I had a deaf girl on my swim team as a kid. I learned the alphabet and a lot of signs so I'd chat with her.

After that whenever I spoke, my hand would be at my side spelling everything out. I couldn't shake the habit for YEARS! Sometimes I still do it.

Also when I had a fever as a kid I'd hallucinate - my mom used to think I was possessed and would do the rosary by my side.

I have a habit of "writing" certain words that I hear..... I write them out with my finger on my leg, hand, desk....
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    OCD thread...nice.
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options

I move my mouth when I'm thinking in my head and the people I'm thinking about are hearing or if I'm thinking of my own reflections or tasks. If the people I am thinking about are deaf, I do some small or sloppy sign movements, often at my side. I have to concentrate on not doing this in public. It looks weird. At least in the car, I can do the mouth movements and it just looks like I'm talking on a hands free phone or singing to the music.
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    i turn my paper side-ways when i write.....& with a hook - double dose of lefty-ness, lol

i organise everything i can get my hands on...including the kids socks & underwear drawers :ohwell: