That weird thing you do...

Options

Replies

• surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I can stick my shoulder blades about 4-5 inches out of my back, and it feels AWESOME. If I do it while walking on my hands and knees it looks similar to how a lion or tiger looks as they walk.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I hum when I enjoy food hahahah it's rather embarrassing when people are over my house eating and I start to really enjoy a meal and I start goin hmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMM like a animal an notic everyone looking at me then they burst out laughing :( boooo

OH I so do this as well. My sister does too. I was just recently in the US visiting her and we did a lot of cooking together and there was a bunch of mmmmmm'ing going on. Her boyfriend said it all sounded a bit pervy!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I do not think I have OCD but...

I have to lock my car door with my remote at least 3 times every single time I lock my car.
    I have to tie my right shoe only after I get on the elliptical machine.
    I mouth the words to songs (don't sing out loud) when I am working out listening to my Ipod.
    I don't like for anything to touch my wrists or the middle of my back except clothes.
    I never pick an item on the first row in the supermarket.
    I brush my teeth and floss way more than normal people.
    I weigh at least 4 times when I step on the scales.

Other than that...I am completely normal = )
  • I only use bookmarks for my books, I cringe if someone folds the poor innocent page.

All my books need to be lined up by color, starting with the darkest color and ending with the lightest shade and also by size.

All my food in my cabinets have to be organized. All peanut butter jars must be facing forward and all my protein bars stacked up neatly.

I pretend I'm in a movie and I'm that girl that everyone adores and I'll skip around my house and twirl

I have to brush my hair a certain amount of " strokes " or whatever you want to call it. I brush each side of my hair 100 times and then do the next side
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I always put chips inside my sandwich..i like it crunchy :)

i never sleep with any body parts off of the bed because a monster will eat it off

I brush my teeth 6 or more times a day

If something smells bad I will continue to smell it just to remember how bad it smelled

I am obsessed with star wars

I can not make it through a conversation without inserting a completely random movie quote that usually has nothing to do with what I am talking about..usually from the goonies or back to the future..haha

i also do the chips in the sandwhich and the smelling thing. LOL also if i got a bruise or a cut. i press it so i can feel the pain.

LMAO! I too sleep with all body parts on the bed, and I press down on bruises or rub my palms when they hurt, and when I stock my fridge with water/cabinets with boxed or cans ALL of the labels have to be facing the same way.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I also tend to count stairs while going up them and go by twos. I bite and pick at the skin on my lips until they bleed sometimes. Other than that...nothing much else...I don't think! :ohwell:

I do these too!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I hum when I enjoy food hahahah it's rather embarrassing when people are over my house eating and I start to really enjoy a meal and I start goin hmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMM like a animal an notic everyone looking at me then they burst out laughing :( boooo

OH I so do this as well. My sister does too. I was just recently in the US visiting her and we did a lot of cooking together and there was a bunch of mmmmmm'ing going on. Her boyfriend said it all sounded a bit pervy!

Hahahha hahha I get that "do you want a towel I thi k your abit wet" "if that was a sausage you would have it up you" hahah iv had the, all I do t even relise I do it hahha x
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    my face scrunches up when i "peel" a head of iceberg lettuce. i have no idea why. it doesn't happen with other types of lettuce, just iceberg. it's involuntary.

i count things (to myself) to pass the time. if i'm waiting in a lobby, i'll count tiles, or the number of bricks in the wall, or whatever. sometimes when i'm at the post office waiting, i'll pick a letter and then look around the room to see how many times i can find on posters, or signs, or wherever. nobody knows i do this. until now nobody knew. now that i've confessed, you can decide if its weird.

i also check to make sure my garage door is closed at night. i have to check 2 or 3 times usually. same thing with making sure the gas is off on the stove. i check that 2 or 3 times. i'm not OCD, but i have this fear that my carelessness could result in something bad to happen, so i make absolutely sure it can't, so maybe i'm slightly OCD about those 2 things. there's one other thing... on trash day, i have to make sure i can see my wallet and keys on my desk until the trashmen come, otherwise i'm afraid i might accidentally throw them away, even though never once in my life have i accidentally put either in the trash. i guess it's the fear of doing something out of carelessness and the repercussions of it that worry me. but that's it for the OCD-lite symptoms from me.

This is so me! I count constantly and I cannot explain why I do it. I don't count things I just count in my head when I have nothing to think about.
    I have to check (multiple times) the knobs on the stove to be sure they are off, my curling iron is unplugged, doors locked & garage door down. I have actually turned around half way to work to drive past my house to make sure garage door went down & stayed down. I feel like an idiot but I HAVE to do it. I can't imagine what my neighbors think.
    I have my mouth open the entire time I am putting my make up on. I have no idea why???
    I have to have the comforter and pillows lined up perfectly on the bed. My husband knows how I am about this & he purposely will go in and move them. I check them every time I walk past the bedroom & have to straighten them. I'm definitely not OCD either, I think I just have some weord habits.

i've done that too, but only when i'm just a short distance from home (1/4 of a mile or so). :embarassed:
  • FullOfWinToo
    Options
    after browsing the responses, my ketchup on scrambled eggs sounds perfectly normal now. thanks!
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I
    i never sleep with any body parts off of the bed because a monster will eat it off

If something smells bad I will continue to smell it just to remember how bad it smelled

I can not make it through a conversation without inserting a completely random movie quote that usually has nothing to do with what I am talking about..usually from the goonies or back to the future..haha

Yes I do all these too!

Adding to it....

I won't eat anything soggy.

I either have to sleep with the fan on and/or my body half out of the covers!
  • laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I thought of a couple more...

I have to eat pizza hot right when it comes out or I won't eat it cold.

I twirl my hair on end all day everyday...

I bite my nails and my skin daily.

I also like to meow at cats as wells as quack at ducks.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    After reading this thread I guess I am a little weird...

1. My clothes in the closet go from Jackets -- dresses-- sweaters -- long sleeves-- short sleeves-- and spaghetti straps...
    2. My jeans are color coordinated at the other end of the closet.
    3. My shoes are coordinated in the closet as well... all my cowboy boots-- work shoes-- tennis shoes-- sandles and flip flops..
    4. I bounce my legs while sitting at the computer at work..... 99% of the time my legs are bouncing unless I have them tucked underneith me while I sit. I have to be tapping something though if i don't bounce my legs im tapping my hands.
    5. I have to carry something to drink with me 100% of the time even if i am running to the gas station 5 seconds away and don't plan to be there long.
    6. Pronounce letters.... birthday is litterely pronounced birTH day and I say poem weird.
    7. I eat one thing at a time on my plate, I am okay with them touching but I have to eat all my veggies, protein then whatever else is on my plate...
    8. I sleep with one leg on top of the covers and the rest of my body under the covers. with a box fan and ceiling fan on and the ac at 70 ALL YEAR.
    9. I snort when I laugh.... my sister honks when she laughs... get us together you have a zoo... seriously.

I am sure there is more....... Just ask my husband
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options

Hahahha I meow at cats especially when I'm drunk hahahha x
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

Hahahha I meow at cats especially when I'm drunk hahahha x

Hey, when a cat meows at you it's only polite to meow back. Me and my cat have long convos. He loves it.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    2 words - BUBBLE WRAP!!! Also, not sure if it's a weird habit, but I have always associated colors with sounds - i.e., screams are bright red, I associated certain colors with certain family members' voices. I also associate colors with certain numbers. I read somewhere it has something to do with the signals in the brain being crossed ... ?
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    The weight room at the gym was horribly disordered early this morning.
    I put all the weights back.
    Even I think that is pathetic and weird.

It takes everything in me not to fix the weights, but still have to straighten the area around me

My goal every week is the gym 4 days a week and a minimum of 90 miles a week of bike riding. No matter how many miles I ride though, I have to end on a ten-mile mark, 90, 100, 110, 120.

I can and do talk like Marvin the martian when going through drive-thrus.
  • Adrian211
    Adrian211 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i sleep with a fan on (summer and winter)

Me too! ALL the time

Oh me too! Can't sleep without some kind of noise
  • ninam0603
    Options
    LOL I bite my husband and kids. Not hard though. I just like the way it feels. We must have been Vampires in a past life lol.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I smell my upper lip. Well, actually, it's how I plug my nose when I'm going underwater. It makes the *ugliest* face. But hey cool, whatever, not many people can do this rare and strangely creepy looking thing I do. *shrugs*

I just did it as I was reading this lmao

I tried it too lol
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    If its dark out I look around, and under my car, then hop in slam the locks and check the back seat.

I put ranch in my spaghetti.
    and run and jump on my bed so no monsters can grab my feet getting into bed lol.

LoL, I'm not the only one who runs and jumps into bed for that reason?! My mom remembers me doing that as a kid. I fixed it by refusing to use bed frames for any bed in my house. Also, for the person who said no body parts hang off the bed because a monster will eat them, I hear ya! :laugh: