starting the 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• LittleBallofFurr
    LittleBallofFurr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I was on day 4 and then had to stop due to work schedule ((two jobs here)) So i do it when I can. Ill "restart" with people today if they want to keep motivation up thats great!
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started back at Day 5/level 1, now counting down from day 5, down to day 3/level 1. 2 days left til level 2 starts again.
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 17 (day 7 of level 2)

Definitely counting down the last two days. I still cannot say that I enjoy this level any more than on day one. Definitely ready to risk level 3, even if it is harder...
  • caramel1920
    Options
    :laugh: Well folks I completed the shred this morning, I feel so accomplished! I did not do it on 30 days, more like 60! I lost all my original measurements so I was only able to compare the ones I put on MFP so here goes...neck down 1 inch, waist down 5 inches, and hips down 5 inches!!! I'm super excited! Next week I begin The Firm DVDs, then I will do the shred again!:drinker:
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Today will be Day 4 of Level 2 for me! I have a love/hate relationship with this DVD. But I feel I am getting stronger and I love the way I feel when I am done working out. (tired!) :tongue:

(The last 3 days of Level 1, I also did the first 3 days of Level 2. Gotta love the two-a-days, lol)

I'm hoping to get more wonderful results by my birthday, Nov 30th! So far I have lost 5 lbs in 9 days of the shred.

:drinker: KEEP SHREDDING EVERYONE!! :drinker:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D2 last night but just barely!! I pretty much had to drag myself to do it because I was still so sore from Monday's workout but I'm super glad that I did. I plan on getting D3 in tonight and I'm not too sure what the weekend holds. It will more than likely depend on whether the boyfriend comes down for the weekend or not.
  • imthejenjen
    Options
    Completed L1D2 last night but just barely!! I pretty much had to drag myself to do it because I was still so sore from Monday's workout but I'm super glad that I did. I plan on getting D3 in tonight and I'm not too sure what the weekend holds. It will more than likely depend on whether the boyfriend comes down for the weekend or not.

I was sore for the first 3 days. By the fourth day, you should be WAY LESS sore than the first 3 days! ;]
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Well folks I completed the shred this morning, I feel so accomplished! I did not do it on 30 days, more like 60! I lost all my original measurements so I was only able to compare the ones I put on MFP so here goes...neck down 1 inch, waist down 5 inches, and hips down 5 inches!!! I'm super excited! Next week I begin The Firm DVDs, then I will do the shred again!:drinker:

5 inches!!! That's awesome Congrats!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    level 1 day 7 tonight. went very good, nice sweat. did a quivk 12 mins on the treadmill after. feeling good! still no weight loss in almost 2 weeks of cardio and 30ds rotation. but im not freaking yet.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm only on level 1 day 10!! yes as of Monday I shall be moving up to level 2.... if you never hear from me again then you all know why!

For those who are only in day 2/3 of level 1...trust me, it does get 'easier'... i was so sore after day 2, i ached a bit after day 1...but by day 2 i couldnt see a day 3 happening any time soon... when it became a struggle to even get to pee, I knew it was obviously working!! haha.... no pain no gain peeps!! Just work through it, take a iburofen to help relax your muscles, get up day 3 and just plod on and do, and as others have said it does get easier! i cannot believe the ache/sore i was in after 48 hours, but 24 hours after that, you wouldnt have thought anything had happened!!

I haven't taken any measurements, stupid I know... but i do know i have a wedding dress to get into in 6.5 months time that is about an inch or two all over smaller, as had another stone to lose by wedding! The dress comes back in March so im hoping itll be a bit more than 1-2inches here or there!! I'm hoping for some bigger numbers!! lets hope 30DS does it for me!!! x
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Day 6 level 2 completed. One tip, plank jumps are much easier doing the hard way than the easy way. Wouldn't have said before today though.
  • lulaloops
    lulaloops Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For level 1 ive been inputting circuit training (general) for tracking my exercise...but obviously level 2 and 3 will work you harder so surely you'll be burning more calories?
    What have people been inputting when tracking? x

p.s level one is now DONE!!
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started Monday. I used the dvd last yr but never with the intention of finishing it. This time I will finish. I did day 5 of level one today. Taking a break this weekend and finishing up days 6-10 next week.
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 5 I am finally feeling the burn since my muscles are sore from repetition. I've also been doing slim-in-6 abs daily. I'm going to take a break on day 7 and do tae bo boot camp instead. Then I'll start level 2! :-) excited!
  • lalala06
    lalala06 Posts: 153
    Options
    level 2 day 1 for me today, already dreading it :embarassed:
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Completed L1D3 last night!! Halfway through the workout, I was cursing Jillian and never wanting to do that workout again. And then when it was all said and done, I realized that it may be tough but its still totally manageable and the results will be amazing so I need to stick with it and finally be able to say that I have accomplished something!
  • imthejenjen
    Options
    quote]
    level 1 day 7 tonight. went very good, nice sweat. did a quivk 12 mins on the treadmill after. feeling good! still no weight loss in almost 2 weeks of cardio and 30ds rotation. but im not freaking yet.
    [/quote]

Give it another week or 2, you will start seeing results. Might be a small weight loss, but have you been taking measurements? Also hopefully you took before pics so you can compare in another 2 weeks! Keep it up, great job!! ...And stick with it! :wink:
  • imthejenjen
    Options
    dang, my quote didnt work haha!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Dilemma...I did days 2 and 3 consecutively and could potentially get the opportunity to continue with days 4 and 5 to add to that streak but that would mean I have to do day 4 tonight at 10:00 and then day 5 tomorrow morning at 9. Any ideas on how I should work this out?? Does it even matter??
  • xCarbJunkiex
    xCarbJunkiex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Now that I figured out how to actually post pictures, I wanted to share with all of you my results! Now, just incase anyone is curious - I did NOT follow the JM diet plan, but I stayed within my calorie limit. Also, I didn't do the whole dvd 30 days straight. Most weeks I took off Saturday and Sunday. I think I lost around 10lbs with the dvd, and I rarely did any extra exercise with it (maybe once or twice a week sporadically). Unfortunately, I took my measurements half way through, and I believe I lost the most inches within the first half. BUT my pictures are from the beginning to the end.....and here they are......:smile:

30dsSideView.jpg

30dsTummy.jpg

I don't believe anything is HUGELY noticeable, but I wanted to share with everyone in this post that kept me motivated throughout this 30 day journey.

Feel free to add me as a friend, next I will be doing Ripped in 30. Thanks for reading :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!