Check the Diary of The Person Above! Give Good Advice!!!

Options

Replies

• lamarnnem
    Options
    Cashew1b pretty good diary would try and get more protein and water.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    advice... open your diary so i can see it.. lol
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    monty619 - doing a great job :) Some days seem a little carb heavy - but I'm diabetic so carbs make me nervous :) But mpost days are high in lean protein which is awesome. Also lots of vegetables and fresh foods and not too much take away food which is really great to see. And starting the day with porridge is awesome - well done!
  • lamarnnem
    Options
    advice... open your diary so i can see it.. lol

My bad. It's open now
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    monty619 - doing a great job :) Some days seem a little carb heavy - but I'm diabetic so carbs make me nervous :) But mpost days are high in lean protein which is awesome. Also lots of vegetables and fresh foods and not too much take away food which is really great to see. And starting the day with porridge is awesome - well done!
    lyndalpn...looks good to me :)...maybe too much protein (yes you can have too much)! Offside...I was born in Nowra, NSW!!! I can't believe you live there. My dad was stationed at the Naval base there :heart: . I miss Australia so much...love that you have your Vegemite logged :drinker:
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lyndalpn...looks good to me :)...maybe too much protein (yes you can have too much)! Offside...I was born in Nowra, NSW!!! I can't believe you live there. My dad was stationed at the Naval base there :heart: . I miss Australia so much...love that you have your Vegemite logged :drinker:

HAHA Awesome! I actually first came to Nowra because of the Navy too (as do most of us!) Thanks, yes I am a bit protein heavy some days - but mainly because Im diabetic and need to avoid most starchy carbohydrates and gotts fill up with something! And Vegemite toast is my naughty treat when I feel like chocolate or chips instead :) Thanks for reviewing my diary!!
  • RiverDancer68
    Options
    Oh, and I have many days that I don't log or only half log...
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OmShakti: I love the amount of detail that you log with, like logging even zero calorie foods! My only suggestions would be to gradually start eating back more exercise calories. Over a long period of time it could hold back your losses a bit. Also, try to eat more whole foods as opposed to processed foods. Other than that it's a great diary, good control!
  • RiverDancer68
    Options

HAHA Awesome! I actually first came to Nowra because of the Navy too (as do most of us!) Thanks, yes I am a bit protein heavy some days - but mainly because Im diabetic and need to avoid most starchy carbohydrates and gotts fill up with something! And Vegemite toast is my naughty treat when I feel like chocolate or chips instead :) Thanks for reviewing my diary!!

That makes sense! I am now craving Vegemite toast, so I might have to go have a slice before bed!! My mother has been back to Nowra and told me that it has grown a lot since we were there. I want to bring my family over soon!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options

That makes sense! I am now craving Vegemite toast, so I might have to go have a slice before bed!! My mother has been back to Nowra and told me that it has grown a lot since we were there. I want to bring my family over soon!

nice job with the whole foods and vitamins!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options
    OmShakti: I love the amount of detail that you log with, like logging even zero calorie foods! My only suggestions would be to gradually start eating back more exercise calories. Over a long period of time it could hold back your losses a bit. Also, try to eat more whole foods as opposed to processed foods. Other than that it's a great diary, good control!

my nutritionist and doctor both advise AGAINST eating back exercise cals.
  • Flyersteve18
    Flyersteve18 Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Looks like a good diary. :) Calories are a bit low for what your presets are set on (I don't know your TDEE) but if you feel hungry before meals you def have room to up your calories a bit if its a healthy snack like a banana or something, or you can replace the regular yogurt with Greek Yogurt, the Dannon kind Vanilla flavored is really good and has higher protein which makes you feel more full.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Flyersteve18: Lots of veggies and you hit you macros! I'd dump the canned veg and look into frozen to reduce your sodium and up your water to compensate for the sodium as well. That's certainly the only things I could find to pick apart over the last couple of days that you logged.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Flyersteve18: Lots of veggies and you hit you macros! I'd dump the canned veg and look into frozen to reduce your sodium and up your water to compensate for the sodium as well. That's certainly the only things I could find to pick apart over the last couple of days that you logged.

what could I possibly say to you? great diary! Love how much protein you eat... my only advice, if i HAD to give any... i really don't know! It looks good!
  • amandahahn85
    amandahahn85 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Looks decent!! Make sure to drink your water! (If you aren't already). (I am bad at logging mine too, hehe)
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Great thread idea . . . Everyone please include whose diary you are comMenting on because it gets a bit confusing.

For KDIPIAZZ: great vitamin supplements and water intake! I would rotate in some more whole food breakfasts - breakfast is such an important start to the day. You can still have protein shakes some days, but I would do a cooked breakfast on other days. Secondly, I see you are having 3-4 meals (including snacks) a day - I would make sure to eat a fifth time (snack), a whole nutritious food such as hummus, fruit, etc. Overall great - I hope this helps.

Oh and incredible weight loss! Congrats.
  • Iready
    Iready Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, would love the advice if anyone has suggestions :)
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    For gabriellejayde: great job with exceeding your protein and fiber macros! Here are some recommendarions, I hope they help: 1) it's hard to tell with MFPs food database, but it appears you are eating quite a bit of processed food. I would try to rotate in more whole and fresh foods if this is the case. 2) I am a coffee fan too! Switch out the processed creamer (no nutritional value) for real milk. 3) increase your daily cals by a tiny bit (100-200) to make sure you are staying over 1200. 4) log your water! Have a nice weekend!
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Not an expert, would love the advice if anyone has suggestions :)

I think your doing a great job sticking to your calories. I would recomment more veggies, more protein.
    What's with the moutain due for breakfast though, maybe try green tea.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    Options

Looks like a good diary. :) Calories are a bit low for what your presets are set on (I don't know your TDEE) but if you feel hungry before meals you def have room to up your calories a bit if its a healthy snack like a banana or something, or you can replace the regular yogurt with Greek Yogurt, the Dannon kind Vanilla flavored is really good and has higher protein which makes you feel more full.

I'm on a dr. regulated 1200 calorie diet.