30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ok so Im on day 5 today and its also my weigh in for MFP and I gained 1.2 lbs ughh , you know how long it took me to just lose that much and I gain it back?! Thats very discouraging. I know it can be muscle who knows since Im only on day 5. ughhhh

It will come off just hang in there, the muscle you are building will start getting burning the fat :) and you are going to look a lot smaller even if the weight stays the same.

Just wanted to add that I gained in the first few days as well, I think it's just water from sore muscles, I weighed myself yesterday after a rest day, and was at the lowest weight I've been yet.

Thanks that gives me some hope. I need to be more strict with calories too. I feel hungry all the time. Just finished day 5 with a bit of cardio after.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to get some pain in my right knee during the squats. And it's not the squat doing it to me, I've been doing them for a while, and I can go all the way to the ground and back up for the full 30 seconds no problem. But I'm worried I'm going to hurt my knee!! Should I wrap it in a bandage or something first from now on?
  • harley2008
    harley2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I step on the scale and I was down 11 lbs. Only 44 more to my goal weight. I finially feeling in control of what I eat. Giving up sugar and bread isn't that hard. Working with my two sister on losing and its been so much fun.
  • aairs1
    aairs1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble staying motivated because I have gained weight since starting. I have skipped the last two days and have been eating horrible. I need to get back on track tomorrow! It is motivating to see everyone else getting good results!
  • waterhizzle
    Options
    D8L1 done! Not seeing any weight loss but feeling really good about myself :)
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that Natalie cheats a lot? She's the one that does the more advanced moves. I'll look to her sometimes and she's doing less than Anita!! She's a cheater.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    And I also love when Jillian almost falls down doing butt kicks. It always makes me smile.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    And I also love when Jillian almost falls down doing butt kicks. It always makes me smile.

And when she almost loses her balance doing the final stretches, standing up.

I just completed my 2nd day of level 3 and I've noticed that Natalie's not smiling as much as she did in level 2! haha! I like level 3.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I had internet problems but now im back. So truth I havent been doing the shred cause theres a chance im pregnant !! Totally freakin since my little guy is only 4 months. As soon as test results are in im getting back on.

But I started this and I want to be here with you all.

I have to say that I hear some really good results WAY TO GO!!!!
    I was going to post before and afters but there are lots of people who joined later some are a head so ill let everyone share there success on the new thread. Tomorrow will technically be our 10 day. So heres to the 10th day everyone keep up the great work!
  • MrsFrosty84
    MrsFrosty84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7 on Level 1. I did give Level 2 a try after Level 1 on Sunday but don't feel ready to step up yet despite being soooooo bored of Level 1! And I hate lunges, for the record ;) No scales in the house so no idea on weightloss but feeling pretty good :) Zumba tomorrow for a "rest"!
  • Jeej0
    Jeej0 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 7 on Level 1. I did give Level 2 a try after Level 1 on Sunday but don't feel ready to step up yet despite being soooooo bored of Level 1! And I hate lunges, for the record ;) No scales in the house so no idea on weightloss but feeling pretty good :) Zumba tomorrow for a "rest"!

I Just finished day 6 and like you am getting really bored!!
    I'm hoping after a rest day tomorrow I will feel more motivated!
  • MrsFrosty84
    MrsFrosty84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

One thing that helped me today was to stick my ipod on in the background and turn Jillian down. Mainly because every time she says "a couple mooooore" I want to scream at her "'a couple' means TWO, not FIVE, you evil woman!" ;)
  • timanda2
    timanda2 Posts: 149
    Options
    Today was my day 7. I took the weekend off. I will finish Level 1 on Friday. I might have to do it again...we'll see.
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 10 of Level 1. So ready to move on!

Will measure, weigh, and take pics tomorrow officially but I've also had a static weight this whole time. Goes up or down about .6 lbs either way over the last 10 days. Hoping the measurements and pictures tell a different story.

What do you all think of taking a rest day between Level 1 and Level 2? I'm just wondering if I should let my muscles have a day break to rejuvenate. Thoughts?
  • Jeej0
    Options

One thing that helped me today was to stick my ipod on in the background and turn Jillian down. Mainly because every time she says "a couple mooooore" I want to scream at her "'a couple' means TWO, not FIVE, you evil woman!" ;)

OMG!! I get so angry when she says a couple but keeps going after 2!!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Will measure, weigh, and take pics tomorrow officially but I've also had a static weight this whole time. Goes up or down about .6 lbs either way over the last 10 days. Hoping the measurements and pictures tell a different story.

What do you all think of taking a rest day between Level 1 and Level 2? I'm just wondering if I should let my muscles have a day break to rejuvenate. Thoughts?

I was thinking friday? that way everyone has time to post there success.
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options

I was thinking friday? that way everyone has time to post there success.
    Im only going to be on day 8 friday so I will have to post monday my results and start level 2 wednesday
  • wattssal000
    wattssal000 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have been doing pretty god with the shred but I have still missed 2 days. I am also walking/jogging at the gym and sometimes I am just too tired I think. Today I woke up and did the Shred but decided not to go to the gym because I was just not feeling it. I did level 2 today and some things are easy and some are not.
    I guess I feel lazy when I don't do my regular workout but then sometimes I am just kind of drained. Not sure if I am just being lazy or if I should really take a break. My mind has continuous battles with itself. Grrrr Same issues with food
  • Jeej0
    Options
    So I just completed Day 7, the issue I'm having though is that I only have my Zumba toning sticks to use as weights, but they don't seem to be doing much, and cant really afford to go out and buy anything heavier.
    Have you got any ideas of household items that I could use instead?
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    After 10 days of level 1 here are my results:

Body Part: Day 1
    Weight: 190.0 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 14.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 14.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 44.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 36.25 in
    Waist: 35.25 in
    Belly Button: 40.25 in
    Muffin Top: 43.50 in
    Hips: 46.00 in
    Right Thigh: 27.25 in
    Left Thigh: 27.5 in

Body Part: Day 10 (pre-day 11 workout)
    Weight: 191.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 13.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 13.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 43.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 35.00 in
    Waist: 33.00 in
    Belly Button: 38.00 in
    Muffin Top: 41.25 in
    Hips: 44.00 in
    Right Thigh: 26.75 in
    Left Thigh: 26.50 in

Body Part: Change
    Weight: + 1.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: -1 in
    Left Upper Arm: -1 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): -1 in
    Boobs (under boobs): -1.25 in
    Waist: -2.25 in
    Belly Button: -2.25 in
    Muffin Top: -2.25 in
    Hips: -2 in
    Right Thigh: -0.5 in
    Left Thigh: -1 in

Total Inches Lost Thus Far: 14.5 inches!

Day 10 Progress Pics
    1_10SB_F.png
    1_10SB_L.png
    1_10SB_R.png
    1_10U_F.png
    1_10U_L.png
    1_10U_R.png

So excited to get to day 20 and day 30!