Ladies 5'3 Weight Goals (healthy weight?)

Options
124»

Replies

• Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal is 108, right now i'm 113. Ultimately your goal will change from fat-loss to toning though, because I got to 111 and was skinny-fat, now i'm aiming for inches lost, not the number on the scale. Always measure your hips, waist, and arms or what have you-inches mean more than the scale :flowerforyou:
  • lmfaulkner9
    Options
    Totally depends on your build. I am 5'3" and I am currently 127 and my goal weight is 122. I am small/medium curvy frame. I would feel very tiny if I was 120 or less and over 135 would not be a good look for me at all.
  • Citygal212
    Citygal212 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" (yes, the .5" matters! :) I started with MFP in March, I weighed in the mid 130's at that time, my goal was 125, but when I got to 125 I wasn't satisfied. My lowest weight after 3 months was 122 at the end of June which was o.k. but I really wanted to see what 118-120 looked like. Long story short, stopped working out and eating right over the summer and I am now back up at 133.5. I'd like to lose at least 5 lbs by the end of December so that's my short term goal. Hopefully if I can stick with it at that point I can reach my ultimate goal of 120 ish. But believe me, I'd be really happy with 125 right now.

I am somewhat small boned and when I was younger and really fit I weighed between 115 - 120, weighed 125 when I first got pregnant. (gained 85lbs in both pregnancies) I'm 49 y.o.
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft3 and I started my weight loss mission when I was 140lb because I was 1lb away from being 'overweight' and having a waist measurement that claimed I was close to being at risk of various diseases. That was a bit of a wake-up call that I need to stop gaining weight and even try to lose some weight. It has been a very slow journey though, seeing as 140lb isn't exactly an unhealthy weight. It's been about a year and a half! I'm now at maintenance at 128 and I'm hoping to stay like this until next year (I might gain a few pounds over Christmas though) and then aim to lose a few more pounds before I attempt to build some muscle/bulk a bit. That way I've got a bit of leeway.

Good luck everyone! It's not easy being short!