Girls who dress like strippers to work out.....

Options

Replies

• Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    MAYBE you should respect the girl and not treat her like a piece of meat? She doesn't wear those clothes to appease you, she wears them because she wants to. That doesn't give you permission to stare, especially if she doesn't want you to.

1. You know when a girl dresses to be stared at.
    2. You would need to be telepathic to know when a girl wants to be stared at.
    3. I train at home. I stare at myself. This is just a discussion issue. Please try not to make it personal.
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Alohas,

From a gym girl perspective I can understand most of the views.

You go to the beach, you wear a bikini... You go to the gym... You're expected to remember to put clothes on, unless (as some said) prepared to assume the consequences... ie (potentially unwanted attention or derogatory remarks from those who see that kind of attire inappropriate, inviting to glare or an open request to be hit on).

Neither right or wrong, nor does it justify some hassle directed to that who dresses in a minimal manner or prefer to have their assets in full view.

Most gyms have a particular culture or dress 'code' that attracts some level of need for social conformity. Whether you think it is right or wrong be fully assured girls are aware on the impact it might have. For example... Push-up bra for training...

For me personally, I like my homeless gym look yet it does proof me from being looked at. People have eyes... Let them stare.
  • nursemomruns
    nursemomruns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't care how people dress at the gym...frankly, I'm too busy just trying to breathe and move weights around to pay much attention. What DOES bother me is when someone applies entirely too much cologne or perfume and I have to breathe that in as I huff and puff. When your body heats up, it just makes your fragrance stronger. Save it for after the workout.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I agree with the two environments. I do not have any hardcore gyms in my area anymore either. They are all made for the yuppies and desparate housewives crowd. Which is where I am coming from.
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    What about the bass/base??.... y u no explain this? Y?Y?Y?????:sad:
  • Yo_Lazarov
    Yo_Lazarov Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MAYBE you should respect the girl and not treat her like a piece of meat? She doesn't wear those clothes to appease you, she wears them because she wants to. That doesn't give you permission to stare, especially if she doesn't want you to.

3. I train at home. I stare at myself. This is just a discussion issue. Please try not to make it personal.

If training at home, how come so aware of our gym attire?

Any views on makeup?
  • Charlie003
    Options

Any views on makeup?

Do not use blue eyeliner.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Any views on makeup?

My gym got too crowded. Bought myself a smith machine cage.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Any views on makeup?

Do not use blue eyeliner.

But blue eyeliner brings out my pretty brown eyes!!!
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options

1. You assume when a girl dresses to be stared at. Maybe she's just comfortable in those outfits. It's not for you to decide.
    2. If she's giving you a 'death glare', she obviously doesn't want to be stared at.
    3. What does staring at yourself have to do with anything?
  • manueljw
    Options
    Isn't this why there are now female friendly gyms? When men are pumping weights and working hard, there is an increase in testosterone. If a beautiful woman is wearing next to nothing in an environment of increased testosterone, she will be looked at. You can't deny human nature, and you can't Oprah-fy this.
  • Charlie003
    Options

1. You assume when a girl dresses to be stared at. Maybe she's just comfortable in those outfits. It's not for you to decide.
    2. If she's giving you a 'death glare', she obviously doesn't want to be stared at.

1. Why would I decide what anyone else wears. A girl knows what will get them attention.
    2. I do not get glares. But It is just a discussion.
    3. Sometimes.....I will dress HOT! In my basement. and while I do curls, use the mirror to chexk form.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Isn't this why there are now female friendly gyms? When men are pumping weights and working hard, there is an increase in testosterone. If a beautiful woman is wearing next to nothing in an environment of increased testosterone, she will be looked at. You can't deny human nature, and you can't Oprah-fy this.

I must believe you because you are so dapper looking.
  • moriuh
    moriuh Posts: 72 Member
    Options

1. Why would I decide what anyone else wears. A girl knows what will get them attention.
    3. Sometimes.....I will dress HOT! In my basement. and while I do curls, use the mirror to chexk form.
    1. Some women want attention. Others just want to workout in comfortable clothes for them and be left alone.
    2. "But do not give the people who oogle you glares of death because they stare" sure do imply it here.
    3. What you do at home isn't my concern? I'm just sick of the sexist **** going on here because some men think that women only wear certain clothes to get attention, when that is not the case.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

^^ this

agreed .. creeper with an even creepier baby picture as a profile pic. scary :noway:
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Dude, you've started three threads in the last hour and all of them have something to do with strippers. Please refer to the "creeper thread" on this site. You might just be giving off that vibe. JS

^^ this

agreed .. creeper with an even creepier baby picture as a profile pic. scary :noway:

That's rude. What if that's his child?
  • Charlie003
    Options

^^ this

lol. Are you saying my son is creepy. I have one of my daughter too. And my cats. I am a real weirdo. Who has pictures like that?????
  • Charlie003
    Options

1. Some women want attention. Others just want to workout in comfortable clothes for them and be left alone.
    2. "But do not give the people who oogle you glares of death because they stare" sure do imply it here.
    3. What you do at home isn't my concern? I'm just sick of the sexist **** going on here because some men think that women only wear certain clothes to get attention, when that is not the case.

3. You asked why I would stare at myself. I answered your question.
    2. I never said I get death glares. Read it again. It is a general statement.
    1. You just proved my argument" some women want the attention" your own words.
  • penrbrown
    Options

^^ this

That's his baby. Low and uncalled for man. Just low.