Mrs. Robinson Syndrome? What's it all about?

Options

Replies

• sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    I think to sum it up isn't isn't the ease of catching the prey but the QUALITY of the prey.

Top drawer!

i think youve got an admirer there!
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    IT is fascinating. The older I ge the more attention I get whether it's wanted or not. Perhaps some of it can be chalked up to taking care of ourselves, and the self confidence. And the no games thing..

Agreed. And it doesn't just attract the 20-somethings. You also see it in the posts where people ask what a guy wants in a girl. The answer, in general, is not a physical trait - it is confidence.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Older woman = Less games, better educated,,,,can actually have a conversation!! Believe it or not an educated woman is hot!!

I didn't know you were so "deep" Everlast.....(insert innuendo here, lol).

As a newly separated 34 year old mother of 2 I hope to someday be considered a MILF (I even chose that as my "stripper name" in another thread :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ).
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am one of those "older" woman out on the market now and get hit up by very young men... I ask them also what they want an older woman for! Can't they find anyone their own age... I have gotten the following responses:

1. There is no drama with older women
    2. There is no pressure with older women
    3. Older women know what they are doing
    4. Older women know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it
    5. There are no expectations with older woman.

So in a sense... we are comfortable in our own skin and they wanna see what that is like!
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    this is all bs. there is attractive older and younger women
    /thread
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I found this a lot on internet dating sites. Despite stating that I was only interested in men over 40, I got an awful lot of very persistent 20 somethings. In theory, the exchange is somehting like:

Woman - gets attention from younger male, feels flattered and sexy and attractive, gets to have sex with someone with no bagage and a fair bit of stamina.

Man - gets to have sex.

That's a pretty broad assumption..
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I know I am certainly more confident than I was in my 20s, especially in the sex department. Now, if we could create a time machine where I could have the life/sex experience I have NOW but in my 25yr old body (which I didn't appreciate at the time!!)...now yer talkin'! For starters, I'd take zero rubbish from lads...mind you, I don't think I could make it in the FB/text/email era...in my day, if you dumped someone, you did it in person or by post (snail mail, ye youngins call it)...

PartyTime!!
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I am one of those "older" woman out on the market now and get hit up by very young men... I ask them also what they want an older woman for! Can't they find anyone their own age... I have gotten the following responses:

1. There is no drama with older women
    2. There is no pressure with older women
    3. Older women know what they are doing
    4. Older women know what they want and are not afraid to ask for it
    5. There are no expectations with older woman.

So in a sense... we are comfortable in our own skin and they wanna see what that is like!

Enjoy yourself!! :)
  • jpfister1966
    Options
    As a single\divorced male of 46 years of age here is my take:
    I will take a 46 year old over a 26 year old ANY DAY!

Women that take care of themselves and have confidence trumps a younger woman everytime. It is the life experiences that make an older woman more attractive to me.

And don't think that for a second that some older women don't play games or have drama, you can only hide crazy for so long!
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    I think the younger guys are attracted to older woman for one reason and that is to gain experence. Once that's accomplished they ditch us to move on to the younger woman and settle down, get married and have children. That's my opinion, don't beat me up for it!
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    <~~~ envy's Mrs. Robinson :grumble:
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Part of it might be that you don't look anything close to 43. I would have guessed a decade or more younger.

have to agree, you look very young! x
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    This thread is full of awesome. :heart:
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I don't really think of myself as a cougar, but I'm 32 and my husband is 27. It just works of us. I'm definitely more aware of our age difference than he is. But I can agree that he loves the fact that I'm educated, I don't play games and I know what I want.
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    Part of it might be that you don't look anything close to 43. I would have guessed a decade or more younger.

Thanks! It's probably a combo of giddiness and doing a job I love, having a great family and friends and never ever missing an opportunity to have a laugh....

All this positive feedback is not what I planned for this thread but I have to say, it's made me feel great before starting my four week boot camp challenge!

You said in another thread no one flirts with you? How could that be? I don't get it!
  • joeysox
    Options
    I don't really think of myself as a cougar, but I'm 32 and my husband is 27. It just works of us. I'm definitely more aware of our age difference than he is. But I can agree that he loves the fact that I'm educated, I don't play games and I know what I want.

similar age gap to me and my husband im 27 hes 22....i very much noticed the age difference as he tells me how close to 30 i am! xx
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    This thread is full of awesome. :heart:

All women of all ages rule.... especially YOU if you can run... it's something I would love to be able to do. Seems as unattainable as me starting to fly spontaneously.
  • joeysox
    Options

Thanks! It's probably a combo of giddiness and doing a job I love, having a great family and friends and never ever missing an opportunity to have a laugh....

All this positive feedback is not what I planned for this thread but I have to say, it's made me feel great before starting my four week boot camp challenge!

You said in another thread no one flirts with you? How could that be? I don't get it!

lol ive just always been the 'nice' friend kinda thing the one people 'awww' at haha. never been chatted up, i asked my friend last night if maybe i have a '**** off' aura? lol xxx
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Jumping in because I've wondered this as well. I get slightly uncomfortable when someone younger approaches me (I'm 41) and always feel like I have to blurt out how old I am.:indifferent: Very smooth. :ohwell:
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options

similar age gap to me and my husband im 27 hes 22....i very much noticed the age difference as he tells me how close to 30 i am! xx

Love it! 22! and that's not a big age gap, really...my hub is 2.75yrs younger, for the few months I'm 3 yrs older I get some slagging. Though I look younger than he does (in my own head), he will always be my boytoy!