30 day shred level 1 5/11-14/11

Options

Replies

• Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Looking great rachiegrl6!

I just started level 2 today - was hard!!
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looking great rachiegrl6!

I just started level 2 today - was hard!!

I was supposed to start level 2 today but decided to give myself a rest day between level 1 and level 2. Shall start tomorrow and though Thanksgiving week.
  • julialdr
    julialdr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just started doing to the shred and am wondering what you list it under when log your exercise on MFP? Any suggestions?
  • SairMadam
    Options
    30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour.

Multiply your weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

So if you weigh 12 stone/168lb, then you're burning 182 claries per 20 min workout. If that's not accurate enough for you and you think you're working harder than that (by copying Natalie instead of Anita, or by using heavier weights) then the only wayt to know for sure is to invest in a heart monitor with calorie display

Tonight will be my third evening on level one of the shred. I'm not finding it too difficult, but my arms ache as they're really weak. In fact, the only move I struggle with is the press ups!

I wish I had taken my stats before starting, but cannot find my tape measure anywhere...will have to try and find it before starting my workout tonight. I am quite pleased with myself though, as I went out to the theatre last night and still managed to do the shred when I got in at 11pm...go me! haha...no excuses!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did level 2 day 2 today and boy did my arms hurt in the last strength set! I have then come home and did level 1 again (I ate poorly today) and now my arms feel soo heavy!
  • starsomeday
    starsomeday Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tried it last month and only got to day 7. I had to stop because it was KILLING my knee (I have never had knee problems before this) and it took my knee 3 weeks to recover so I wasnt able to workout for almost a month.

Even though I had started to see results from the 30DS, I dont think its for everyone!
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the results!! I am planning to start on Monday and seeing the results and knowing that it is going to be hard ahead of time is preparing me. Thanks for posting.
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 after missing 2 days. After seeing the results posted here I believe I too will post mine at day 30! Way to go everyone!!!
  • Butterfly_K
    Options
    Hey everyone

I just did my first day of Level 2 :D I almost didn't on the excuse that I have a bad head cold and am exhausted but decided to do it early first thing when I have energy after sleeping. I am really happy I did. Normally I would have used excuses, instead I am sitting here with sweat pouring down my face feeling great! Keep going guys, it's well worth it!
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I took the last two days off due to traveling.

I did Day 2 of Level 2 today... I do feel sore the next day after Level 2 - maybe I should of move up to Level 2 sooner.
  • tippett610
    tippett610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I just did my first day of Level 2 :D I almost didn't on the excuse that I have a bad head cold and am exhausted but decided to do it early first thing when I have energy after sleeping. I am really happy I did. Normally I would have used excuses, instead I am sitting here with sweat pouring down my face feeling great! Keep going guys, it's well worth it!

YAY!!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!
  • Mari82chicago
    Mari82chicago Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    After 10 days of level 1 here are my results:

Body Part: Day 1
    Weight: 190.0 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 14.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 14.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 44.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 36.25 in
    Waist: 35.25 in
    Belly Button: 40.25 in
    Muffin Top: 43.50 in
    Hips: 46.00 in
    Right Thigh: 27.25 in
    Left Thigh: 27.5 in

Body Part: Day 10 (pre-day 11 workout)
    Weight: 191.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: 13.50 in
    Left Upper Arm: 13.00 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): 43.00 in
    Boobs (under boobs): 35.00 in
    Waist: 33.00 in
    Belly Button: 38.00 in
    Muffin Top: 41.25 in
    Hips: 44.00 in
    Right Thigh: 26.75 in
    Left Thigh: 26.50 in

Body Part: Change
    Weight: + 1.2 lbs
    Right Upper Arm: -1 in
    Left Upper Arm: -1 in
    Boobs (across biggest part): -1 in
    Boobs (under boobs): -1.25 in
    Waist: -2.25 in
    Belly Button: -2.25 in
    Muffin Top: -2.25 in
    Hips: -2 in
    Right Thigh: -0.5 in
    Left Thigh: -1 in

Total Inches Lost Thus Far: 14.5 inches!

Day 10 Progress Pics
    1_10SB_F.png
    1_10SB_L.png
    1_10SB_R.png
    1_10U_F.png
    1_10U_L.png
    1_10U_R.png

So excited to get to day 20 and day 30!

Awesome results! Did you take any breaks or do anything extra?
  • rachiegrl6
    rachiegrl6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I just did the Level 1 video for 10 days, no breaks. I do take my dog on a 15 minute walk in the evening but it's nothing strenuous, just time for us to hang together.

I've been eating clean and that makes a world of difference too!
  • Mari82chicago
    Options

I just did the Level 1 video for 10 days, no breaks. I do take my dog on a 15 minute walk in the evening but it's nothing strenuous, just time for us to hang together.

I've been eating clean and that makes a world of difference too!

I know that eating clean is a major factor in weight loss but i feel like im constantly thinking about food and its soooo hard to stay in between my calories. Im 30 years old and its much harder to stay discipline like I was 5 years ago!!
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    rachgirl way to go!!!!!!

Anybody else have any results they want to share?

I lost 2.2 pounds I did one day of the shred and two other days of picking olives I know thats not from the shred but im excited i have been stuck for the past two months
  • Mari82chicago
    Options
    welll i just did day 6 but I started 10 days ago had to take rests due to work conflict but I decided to do measurements anyway. So here is result.
    11/5/12
    WASIT 33.50
    LOWER WAIST 42
    HIPS 43
    RT THIGH 25
    LT THIGH 25
    WEIGHT 163.8

11/15/12
    WAIST 33.25
    LOWER WAIST 41.25
    HIPS 42.50
    RT THIGH 25
    LT THIGH 25
    WEIGHT 163.8

SEEMS I LOST total of 1.50 inches in past 10 days and on day 6 today. hmmm hope its correct and that i didnt tighten the measrurement band too tight lol. Im sore of in denial lol
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    welll i just did day 6 but I started 10 days ago had to take rests due to work conflict but I decided to do measurements anyway. So here is result.
    11/5/12
    WASIT 33.50
    LOWER WAIST 42
    HIPS 43
    RT THIGH 25
    LT THIGH 25
    WEIGHT 163.8

11/15/12
    WAIST 33.25
    LOWER WAIST 41.25
    HIPS 42.50
    RT THIGH 25
    LT THIGH 25
    WEIGHT 163.8

SEEMS I LOST total of 1.50 inches in past 10 days and on day 6 today. hmmm hope its correct and that i didnt tighten the measrurement band too tight lol. Im sore of in denial lol

Great job
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I began measurements on 11/1/12, I started 30DS on 11/9/12 Here are my stats which I contribute a lot to 30DS

Begin weight -170 Today - 167
    Begin waist - 40 Today - 36
    Begin Hips - 44 Today - 42
    Begin Thigh - 26 Today - 23.5
    Begin Bicep - 13 Today - 12
    Begin Neck - 14 Today - 14

That's a loss of 3lbs and 9.5 inches :)
  • little_lavender
    little_lavender Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Shredders! I know I'm a late on this but I hope it's okay if I join you guys because it'd be nice to have a support group! I just did Day 9 of Level 1 today and it got me sweating, but Level 1 has become relatively easy by now. It's been this way for the past couple days but I figured I'd stick with it for the full 10 days to build up my strength since I've heard Level 2 is killer! I haven't really noticed any results so far, though, aside from the muscle definition coming back in my arms. 30DS was a great way to kick start my exercise routine again after being out of it for the past 2 months or so. I've also added an additional 30 mins of cardio 3 times per week. I don't really have very much weight to lose but I'd just like to tone up, get a flat stomach, and get rid of that stupid muffin top! I started gaining a little of the weight that I lost back as well as an inch or so on my waist and hips from overeating and not exercising, and I decided it's time for a change! I'm hoping that I'll start seeing the results I want in Level 2 with all the plank exercises.

SW: 129
    GW: I'll take whatever I can get, focusing more on how I look... but I'd be ecstatic with 2-3 lbs, so 126-127
    Waist: 27
    Belly button: 32
    Hips/butt: 37
    Right thigh (biggest part): 21
    Left thigh (biggest part): 22

I was trying not to measure myself for the first 10 days but I couldn't resist every once in a while after seeing everyones awesome results! So I'm assuming there won't really be a change in inches after the 10 day mark, but I'm gonna weigh myself anyway on Sunday before Level 2 and take some progress pictures just for reference.

Keep shredding! You guys inspire me to keep at it everyday. :D
  • little_lavender
    little_lavender Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So I just completed Day 7, the issue I'm having though is that I only have my Zumba toning sticks to use as weights, but they don't seem to be doing much, and cant really afford to go out and buy anything heavier.
    Have you got any ideas of household items that I could use instead?

I don't have weights either so I've been using 32 oz water bottles filled with water. The only issue is that they're a little hard to grip being so wide (I have some trouble with the side lunges/lateral raises), but it works for the most part! Plus it's handy when you need a quick sip. :) Although I don't know how much they weigh, but I'm pretty sure it's not quite 3 lbs but I figure it's better than cans of beans.