hour glass shaped girls??

Options

Replies

• InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I just think the measurements aren't an accurate enough way to define hourglass, though. I mean, Oprah is supposed to be an hourglass, isn't she? She looks apple as eff to me. And, I see body types like the sillouette, and having big boobs doesn't affect the sillouette unless you're standing profile. In which case, it doesn't matter. But, I still maintain it's about proportions.

Of course, if we're talking traditional definitions. You're 100% correct.

And thank you! And you're welcome :) I'm sure you carry those 10lbs well ;)

How do you define an hourglass shape without measurements, though? Of course they matter. Oprah has a very small waist, except when she's been at her very highest weight. She is not an apple at all.

And on a REAL WOMAN (not the blacked out drawn pictures), the breasts do make the shape. Larger breasts spill over to the side a bit, no matter how good your bra is and especially if you aren't wearing one at all.

I absolutely am an hourglass and can attest to that. It isn't my shoulders that give me my shape, it's my bust size.

NOT apple-shaped:

Oprah-Winfrey.jpg

This doesn't look hourglass to me;

oprah-winfrey-yoyo-diet.jpg

It's not even pear.

I don't see how much breasts can spill out to the side to create an hourglass shape, but *shrug*, I know my body shape and I know what I think an hourglass looks like; 'right' measurements or not, so it's all semantics, really.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I don't see how much breasts can spill out to the side to create an hourglass shape, but *shrug*, I know my body shape and I know what I think an hourglass looks like; 'right' measurements or not, so it's all semantics, really.

Race.jpgBlackshirt.jpg
  • criss1210
    Options
    short and hourglass!
    5'4
    Bust: 38
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 38 1/2

Want to work on my waistline and hips most of all!
  • anarjackson
    anarjackson Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". Not sure if my measurements qualify me for hourglass or pear, but my measurements are
    Bust 37
    Waist 31
    Hips 43 1/2

I want to be 28 waist and 40 hips for sure! :D
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options

Race.jpgBlackshirt.jpg

Small boobs, still balanced. Looks hourglass to me;

598457_4942092870549_1346746511_n.jpg

550854_4942095510615_1907791735_n.jpg

68013_4943261899774_1759211192_n.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to argue anymore. You want to make up your own definitions, go ahead.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglass! I have a medium-larger build though. My goal is to be in small tops (mediums now) and size 4/5/6 pants (8/9 now).
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My hips and thighs have some fat they could certainly lose, and love handles. I look really thin from the side, it's my front view that needs trimming.
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    I'm not going to argue anymore. You want to make up your own definitions, go ahead.

I'm not arguing, I'm debating. I'm not making up my own definitions, I'm challenging yours.

For the record;

Hourglass,_dying.jpg

varieties-detail-bosc.gif

I know which one I look more like.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I'm basically hourglass, but a little bottom heavy - not enough to be a pear shape though. I don't know my measurements. It's time to update them.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    tip: get a weighted hula hoop! mine is 2.5 and it HURTS! it helps trim your waist i have heard.

Thanks!!

where do you find these? weighted with what? Sand? I''m trying to figure out how they balance the weight differential with the velocity
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I love being an hourglass shaped woman !!!!!
  • foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm an hour glass with a few extra minutes :)
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hour glass 5'7 Bust: 39 Waist: 29 Hips: 36
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm about a 40.5" bust, 30" waist, 40" hips. I'd be happy to go down a couple inches in all three of those places :) I'm 5'10.

I'm pretty much the same as you, but I'm only 5'6. I think my bust might be a slight bit smaller.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"

Bust: 36.5
    Waist: 28
    Hips: 40
  • rosebudbutterfly
    rosebudbutterfly Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think I'm hour glass. I'm 5'3 1/2'' and not sure of my measurements right now. Sometimes while looking in the mirror I feel like I'm going towards pear :) my bust area seams a lot smaller, I guess
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    I'm an hour glass, but I haven't taken my measurements in forever and I don't weigh myself more than once/month.

My goal is to be healthy, so I'm not basing my goal OR progress on superficial things. My goals are 1) to workout everyday; 2) eat a healthy diet 80% of the time; and 3) stay under my calorie goal most days per week.

I'm still working at it. If I'm successful more times than I'm not, then I should lose weight, but I'm trying to stay focused on what's important.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    BUMP... to comment on later
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Another small hourglass here !

I'm 5ft 1 and 3/4

38 Chest ( although bra size is 32 DD .. I'm all chest no back !)
    28 waist
    38 hip

I'd like to be more in the region of 36-26-36 :smile: