Options
    oh...my...god...!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    this seemed dubious so i did the math.

1 lb of fat in grams is 454g of fat.

1g of fat is 9 calories

Therefore, 9*454 = 4086!! That's 586 difference!

What about muscle? 454 grams of muscle at 4cal/protein gram is... 1816 calories!

So fat is actually 4086 calories per pound
    Muscle is 1816 calories per pound. That means it takes twice as much muscle in a pound of fat
    Which means that a pound of muscle weighs MORE THAN DOUBLE a pound of fat.

Proven with math.

tumblr_mbqg5q5V6l1riuh2bo1_400.gif

If you eat one pound of fat at apparently 4086 calories ( I am not checking to see if that number is accurate), It will turn into 1.167 lbs in the human body.
    This persons math works assuming food just goes to the stomach and sits there forever. This is like saying I weigh 130 lbs and ate a pound of apples so now I weigh 131 lbs. They arent taking into account that it will be digested.
    Also a pound of anything weighs exactly the same as a pound of something else :) pound of feathers vs pound of bricks joke
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What did you eat? A pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat.

Last time I checked a pound of bricks was the same as a pound of feathers. Density is different, not weight.

Putting on a pound does not happen like magic, it takes accumulation and time for your body to accept. I can go drink 14 glasses of water and weight after and be 2 lbs heavier.
  • BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    I weighed myself before and after lunch, I gained 2.5lbs
    My lunch was only 1000 calories, I also had several glasses of ice cold water (0 cals)

I guess the rule does not work with me, in my case 1000 calories is actually 2.5lbs

Take a nice dump and weigh yourself again.... :bigsmile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    um no. And never weigh yourself right after eating. The water is going to add on weight too. Chill out you didn't gain weight. Keep eating right and weight yourself again later in the week before you eat a 1,000 calorie lunch.

WHY is it so difficult to get simple yet extremely funny sarcasm?????:sad: :bigsmile:
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Last time I checked a pound of bricks was the same as a pound of feathers. Density is different, not weight.

:flowerforyou:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    doesnt your weight go up durng the day anyways due to WATER retention, especially if your drinking it, and will go back down?? I always weigh more at th end of day, but back to normal in morning...
    agreed with above poster, have a good dump. :laugh:
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    this seemed dubious so i did the math.

1 lb of fat in grams is 454g of fat.

1g of fat is 9 calories

Therefore, 9*454 = 4086!! That's 586 difference!

What about muscle? 454 grams of muscle at 4cal/protein gram is... 1816 calories!

So fat is actually 4086 calories per pound
    Muscle is 1816 calories per pound. That means it takes twice as much muscle in a pound of fat
    Which means that a pound of muscle weighs MORE THAN DOUBLE a pound of fat.

Proven with math.

And the Nerd Herd takes it for the win!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    ohoq9.jpg?1307465686
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,036 Member
    Options
    I see what you did there! lol
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Why would you weigh yourself after you just eat a meal & drink a bunch of water? Of course the scale will be up as all that stuff is sitting in your gut and intestines! You're just silly.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You should do a lemon water detox IMMEDIATELY!!!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Did you try fasting for 10 minutes before weighing? That helps.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... so if I ate drank 2.5lbs of water, could I say the same?
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    1 pound of food outside of your body = 1lbs of food inside. It doesnt dissapear.

Really???? I drink 16 oz of water. It is processed by my kidneys and I go urinate. I am pretty sure I flushed it down the toilit; It is gone.
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Get some rasberry keytones.

Just lol'd at work. :drinker:
  • rocuf
    rocuf Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    QUOTE:

QUOTE:

QUOTE:

Why would anyone eat a pound of muscle?

I eat muscle all the time. What do you think steak is made from? Lips and *kitten*?

Steak is made from delicious.
    Edited by AngryDiet on Thu 11/15/12 01:32 PM
    No no, Steak is made from Cow. Cow is made from grass, Therefore Steak is Vegan because it came from grass. :)
  • theseus82
    theseus82 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Not sure but I think the food in your digestive tract may weigh more than the fat which it creates. There's water and fiber in the food (usually) that's going to be expelled.

It is a fact though that a pound of fat contains about 3500 calories of energy.

this is correct. the exact weight of food is not the only factor in gaining or losing weight. compare a pound of chocolate to a pound of green beans. which do you think will cause a weigh-gain within a couple days? the high water content in fruit and vegetables does not stay in your system forever. if you eat a pound of saltine crackers, you're easily going to eat thousands of calories of food. eating 16 ounces of strawberries is not going to do much harm to your system.

pure weight of food is not as critical as the calorie density of what you are eating. foods that are less calorie dense with high water content are better. if you eat 2 large apples weighing a pound, don't you think weighing yourself immediately afterwards is a little misleading?

with the way your weighing yourself, you're not giving your body time to discard the things that your body is not going to use.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know whether to be worried or very amused by the amount of people that thought this was a real post. :smile:
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    dude! you're fccking up, have you tried detox shakes? try juicing for a whole month, if these don't work then you can't go wrong with the HCG diet.

AND if all else fails, this shake: Cambodian breast milk, Rhinoceros Jizz and unicorn poop, fcckin magical!