Replies

• kalch
    kalch Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    be safe.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Judging that he's probably close to 400 lbs .... I think 40 lbs in 2 months isn't that drastic, you see bigger results on the tv shows.

Keep up the good work, just realize that it does slow down and get harder
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You will be losing alot more :smile: Hunting season is here!
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone on this dude's jock?!?! He's just reporting what worked for him If it didn't work for you or you dont believe him, who cares. Great job bro! Keep up the good work. The only thing ill say is for a male that is working out (not sure what you do for a workout) you should prob be eating more than 1500 cals. But do yo thang! Great work
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Previous commenters: seriously? Can it. A lot of factors come into play at the beginning of a change in lifestyle and this loss is absolutely possible and acceptable (as long as OP has consulted a physician and has the all-forward). If you don't buy it, run the numbers... then factor in water weight lost with a reduction of sodium and intake and voila.

OP- congrats on your loss and kudos for the steps you are taking to a healthier you! That's great progress and you should be so proud. Don't get discouraged if it does slow down.. it's an inevitable pain in the butt :-) Keep up the good work and don't listen to the dissenters!

Totally agree with this! It's a great accomplishment.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • shaxnax
    shaxnax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wow... I don't understand all the negativity.
    So what if he's lying (which I can't imagine why he would...), it's no skin off anyone's back.
    And if he's telling the truth, then he's made great headway into a 164 lb. journey.
    Either way, no one comes to this website to be shat on. Let's all be positive and support eachother!

This always.
  • ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thats fantastic! Don't pay attention to the negativity. My husband and I have 100 lbs to lose and he lost 25 lbs in the first month. He went from doing NOTHING to walking every night and taking in 2400 calories (actually less most days) while I on the other hand have only lost 13. Men just seem to lose quicker. Especially when having alot to lose. Congrats on your loss!
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! A true inspiration! Screw the negativity in this post! kepp doing what your doing seems to be working great!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome, it sounds like you are doing everything right, when you have a lot to lose the first few months you can drop dramatically, my Aunt dropped 40 pounds in two months, I could wish but I still weigh a lot. Keep up the excellent work.
  • CasablancasTX
    Options
    Must see pictures.
  • live2love2012
    Options
    Yep me neither. 11lb sin 1st week on a cal limit that high only working out 2-3 times a week? Yeah right.....I workout 7 days a week, eat under 1600cals a day (some days only just on 1200) and it's taken 9 months today to lose 69lbs.

I don't buy it at all.

I was 364 pounds to begin with so I have plenty to lose. Ive lost only 9% of my weight in 7 weeks. That does not seem so much. As I said, Im eating well and not starving by any means.

Ok, everyone needs to back off a little...actually A LOT!!! When someone that is heavier changes their caloric intake it can result in some incredible weight loss results! When you have someone that was eating an extreme amount of calories/fat/sugars/carbs and then drastically change their eating habits it makes a huge difference on the scale! And of course this is in the first 7 weeks, and the OP is well aware that this kind of weight loss will not be as extreme in the weeks to come, but I think it is FANTASTIC!!

You have done a remarkable job, and I commend you for taking back control of your life and making the necessary changes to improve it! You are doing great, and don't get discouraged! By the looks of things there's only one way now...and that's DOWN!!!
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters, you are doing awesome! Keep up the great work, your doctor must be very proud of you!:flowerforyou:
  • bachoat
    Options
    :happy: I BUY IT! GREAT JOB!!!
  • kenziestx
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I think that you should go back 2000 calories a day. :) 1500 seems a bit low. You'll still see weight loss, I'm sure. It might not be 8 pounds a week, but you won't have many more 8 pound losses anyways if you're doing it healthy, slow, and safe.

Im eating great and healthy and lots of variety and not suffering or hungry. Im taking no pills or gimicks. Just eating less and working out more.

Yes, but your body is starting to get used to the amount of calories you are giving it and you are going to plateau. You really do need to eat more to weigh less. The more you work out, the more you should eat.
  • kenziestx
    Options
    Um....I don't buy it.

Yep me neither. 11lb sin 1st week on a cal limit that high only working out 2-3 times a week? Yeah right.....I workout 7 days a week, eat under 1600cals a day (some days only just on 1200) and it's taken 9 months today to lose 69lbs.

BTW I burn at a minimum of 600 cals each day.

I don't buy it at all.

I'm with you. I workout 5 days a week, doing extreme cardio for atleast 45 mins. My calorie intake for the first 10 weeks was 1200, I've since moved up to 1400-1450. It's taken me 12 weeks to lose 12 lbs.
  • puddy29
    Options
    this is awesome and the type of results i would love to have. you go girl you rock
  • Be_Butterflies
    Options
    That's so AWESOME!!!! I just don't understand all the haters??? I thought this was a place where we could support one another! Back in 2007 I lost 100 pounds, the first week I lost 13. Anyway....glad about your loss, I am back at it again.
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Some people got all animated and nasty when I created this thread stating that I lost 39 pounds in 7 weeks. Some were so goofy as to claim I was lying about my weight loss. Some said Im losing to much, too fast. This week, I cut back a little on exercise and only lost 2 pounds.

That’s 41 pounds in 8 weeks.

I think that you have had a great weight loss so far. This is totally doable if you are eating considerably less than you were before, though I agree - I would not go too low even with the exercise.

Being married to a man who was close to 450 pounds when he started losing weight, It was nothing for him to lose 20 pounds the first month (actually each month for the first 3 months). He works a very active job and men in general tend to lose weight more quickly (usually, not always). My husband lost 150 pounds and kept it off for about 7 years but has started to gain it back.

I commend you on watching what you are eating now and getting to be more active in your exercise, but do not become discouraged if and when your weight loss slows down when you have less weight to lose. Congrats on your success so far!
  • OffTheRails123
    Options
    This is exactly the kind of weightloss I want!! I want to lose 39lb! Would you mind giving me some workout ideas/plans to help me?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!