What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Excuses. And that is IT.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Just soda really. I used to drink 6, maybe 12 mountain dews a day? Plus energy drinks too (rockstar, etc).

I drink zero now, not even diet soda. I haven't had a soda on its own in at least a year I'm guessing. I do mix red bull with vodka when I feel like going on a bender, but that doesn't count.
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up in absolute terms, but I've cut way down on processed foods, most notably energy bars and nutrition drinks. Instead, I've ramped up my consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. The energy bars and drinks don't even tempt me anymore. Neither do the chocolate chips I used to have as a snack, even though they're not off the table, so to speak. (I just treat them as a controlled substance.)

I also avoid canned soups, again because of the processing. I stay away from microwave entrees and snacks, and I've ditched ice cream for yogurt.
  • Wannabeachday
    Wannabeachday Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Stopped going out to eat all the time.
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Diet Coke
    Fast Food
    all other "diet" food products
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i gave up making excuses - at least for watching my calories.
    things are pretty rough with my work schedule right now so i make excuses about not going to the gym, but thats gonna change here soon.
    i didnt give up any foods or drinks or anything that i love
  • orangelobster
    Options
    Muffins...after I discovered they were roughly 450 calorie a shot. I was eating one every single day....that adds up
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nothing really. I eat anything I want just in moderation, for me this lifestyle change has to be realistic and if I tell myself I "can't" have something I'll obsess about it and eventually binge on astronomical amounts of whatever I'm supposed to be banning, and then starts the vicious cycle.

I try and incorporate healthier choices into my daily meals but I do drink REAL pepsi at least once a week (I love the stuff), and once in a while I will indulge in fast food, ice cream, cake, pizza etc..I do try and keep "trigger" foods I know I can't control myself with out of sight though, until I know I have a "cheat" day coming up.

This is just what works for me, kudos to those that have been able to give up stuff and stick to it!

Good luck to you all, keep kicking *kitten*! :flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Regular Coke. And I admit that I miss it.
  • markyp12
    Options
    alot less pizza
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    The thought that I wasn't in control.
  • daringstoic
    Options
    Like a lot of people, I gave up regular pop. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll feel comfortable adding it back in in moderation, but I'll never go back to the way I used to drink it. I've also cut fried foods out of my diet almost entirely. I've pretty much gone away from any fast food except for Wendy's chili (delicious, protein packed, filling, and only 210 calories for a small!) and Chipotle burrito bowls. The biggest change for me has been eating in moderation. I still eat pizza, but I limit myself to two slices instead of stuffing myself with four because it's just. so. good. The same goes for desserts: I'll have one small brownie instead of six.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Pop (diet and regular), alcohol, nightly chips..
  • brazerbramon
    brazerbramon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating pizza. Which for me was a hard thing to do, considering I own two pizzeria's.
  • buchbrun64
    Options
    I gave up gluten, diary, soda of any kind, alcohol, and limit any and all sugars and fats. I find I am feeling better every day and my cravings are less and less. That said, there are still some tough days!
  • lovingvampiress
    lovingvampiress Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gave up ALL fast foods, ALL soda's, and ALL sweets, Eat less salted Item's and NO chips.....
  • Trickybird
    Trickybird Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I gave up lying to myself. I decided to get honest about what and why I was really eating. I gave up this love relationship I have with food and reframed it as one of sustenance and fuel.

I have also given up:

fried foods
    chips
    sweets

For now.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food and soda (pop) years ago. Recently, I've given up bad carbs (white bread, white rice, pasta, etc....) Everything else I still eat, in moderation.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The couch. And all but about two hours a month of tv.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    tired old excuses