What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Most- high glycemic foods- especially flour, starch (except sweet potatoes), sugar, syrups-I just feel like crap after eating any of them. When I have a sugar craving I eat some honey, usually with a protein such as zero fat greek yogurt.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Cereal has been one of my personal downfalls, too. Especally kid's cereals, the high-sugar ones. I could eat almost a box a day! I've since cut that out, but it's really hard sometimes!
  • pbrazina
    Options
    Sugar as well as artificial sweeteners... No more Sweet and Low or anything (if it can be helped) with artificial sweeteners like Crystal Light. :(

I do use agave and Stevia to sweeten things.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well it wasnt fast food, I have 'issues' with who prepares my food and where so I never ate that anyway, never ate from street stands either. All Ive done is cut down my portion sizes. I didnt want to give anything up!!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ive cute back on my two loves.....red wine and skittles. I haven't cut them out totally because I only want them more then end up on a massive pig out and wake up on a sugar low n hungover lol......everything in moderation I say:happy:
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    I gave up my time.

I used to have tons of free time to just lounge around, knit, watch tv, read, whatever. Now I go to the gym. I can't make plans on MWF because those are my gym evenings, and my plans on Saturday often start with telling someone "Well I'm going to the gym first, so it'll have to be a little later." And then there's all the time spent cooking, logging, planning everything.

And I gave up being able to just decide what I want when I get hungry. Now it's all planned and cooked ahead.
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda except when I use it as mix
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese
  • SorrowsTengo
    SorrowsTengo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I gave up a life.....for a new one...one without fast food, greese, sweets, bread or pop......and I'm happy in doing so and much healthier....
  • 504Crystal
    504Crystal Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fast food for the most part (maybe once a month) and I don't drink soda at all anymore. Only when I'm having a migraine and I need a rush of caffeine to take my meds with and I'll have one of those really small cans.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Second helpings and cocktails.
  • gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I gave up my self-loathing and negative mindset.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Stopped pop and sitting on the sofa...:)
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Rice.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    non sugar free monsters/energy drinks. I'll drink a sugarfree one once in a while, but for the most part I stopped high caffeine beverages as a whole.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    - energy drinks
    - white bread
    - whole milk (for the most part)
    - sandwiches with peanut butter and nutella
    - enchiladas ;(
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    eating too much
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    EXCUSES
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I no longer drink coke and other carbonated drinks. good news, they make me wanna throw up now.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    For me, I am a big tv and movie person. When I get off work, I work out. But I would use the excuse of I will workout after X show and then get comfortable and not workout. So the saying A body in motion stays in motion and a body at rest stays at rest is true. I just had to discipline myself to workout first and I can always watch the show later.

Pizza is my main food weakness that I really fight to give up.