What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I've stopped buying oreo cakesters, packaged cookies/cakes, chocolate bars/candy. The only time I'll eat those things are like once in a blue moon, or if I go to a party or something, or if someone offers me one and I have enough calories to spare. but they're definitely no longer part of my regular diet anymore (i used to eat *kitten* like that EVERY DAY)

I don't even touch cold cereals anymore. They never fill me & are full of sugar and are way too easy to overeat. If I have cereal I just stick to flavored oatmeal. I also never get french fries anymore with fast food meals. When I do go out for fast food (which again has become super rare), I have just the burger/sandwich and nothing else.

Also I stay away from white bread/grains. When I do eat grains, I want them to be whole.

I don't even see it as "giving up" anything. I just don't want most of that stuff anymore. It doesn't benefit me. If I do have chocolate/dessert type things, that's like a "treat". But other things I simply no longer care for.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Fried chicken wings and beer
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    diabetes, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a unhappy life.
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    ice cream (because i just cant eat that stuff in moderation). and all liquid calories besides protein shakes and milk occassionally.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I gave up soft drinks except I still drink ginger ale in November, it is the only thing that works getting rid of the nagging cough
  • dmclaughlin123
    Options
    Gave up the idea I was supposed to eat three meals a day with a desert or something sweet in the evening. I also had a milk addiction. Now it's one meal at lunch (low cal),two smaller meals, couple of healthy snacks. And milk is basiclly out of my diet now. Water drinker.
  • lady_arlia
    lady_arlia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, and almost all dairy. I didn't even have to watch what I was eating for the first 22lbs I lost, it just came off.
  • elisha8685
    Options
    BBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... Didn't quite give it up, just cut down on it a whole bunch! The sugar calories in the delicious high gravity beers will add fluff weight quickly.

Unfortunately, Fat Tire gave me a Flat Tire :(
  • elisha8685
    Options
    Hah! My wife has forbidden me from Ice Cream, I ate a $7.00 Tub of Blue Bell in three days.... By accident :D
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    nothing.. I still eat everything I used to in moderation.
    THIS^
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    a girlfriend.

i refuse to date anyone now who is not equally as serious as me when it comes to fitness/health
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i gave up tv in the beginning. i found myself eating all of the time and watching tv for hours on end. i went from 220 to 300lbs in two years after i got married and got lazy. wow cant even believe the difference in me since. i really try hard to turn the tv on when im cleaning or in the middle of something so im not sitting in front of it and tempted to eat. i am way more active now since i stopped doing that
  • HoneyIShrunktheMom
    Options
    Nothing.

Well, since I started losing weight I HAVE stopped drinking soda but that had nothing to do with losing weight. That was just because I was addicted to having 5-7 cans a day and the aspartame was not good for me and it was costing too much money. I honestly feel better since I stopped drinking soda, but I don't think it affected my weight loss efforts. It's been 9 months since I have drank soda.:heart:

I have not given up any single food. I may limit certain foods (like restaurant pizza, pork ribs, ice cream, Chinese food) but I have not stopped eating any of them.
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Grains, Legumes and starchy veggies like potatoes. Have minimized sugar and dairy and processed foods.
  • agamy4
    agamy4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and Flavored Coffee Creamers
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken wings and beer

im from buffalo ..chicken wings is a staple here lol .. i gave that up but had some in the past few years in moderation-- like 4-6 as opposed to two dozen.. and only when it was a super treat..ive weaned myself off of them since .. it was a tough road to haul but i did it. doesnt help when the bar down the street has five dollars for all the chicken wings you want every wednesday. i do not go in there on a wednesday!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I gave up my way to big, way to baggy clothes! And so happy I did!
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar and all soda even diet.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice and potato crisps.
    Now i have some occasionally and i discovered that i don't even like them anymore.