What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• darleyschroeder
    Options
    -Regular soda! I used to drink 5-6 a day easily back in the day and never thought anything of it.
    -Weekly fast food and take out, I just don't do it anymore. Maybe 1-2 times a month and it's a smarter choice now.
    -World of Warcraft..hehe
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bread
    Beer/Alcohol
    Milk
    Candy/Sweets
    Pastries
    Peanut Butter
    Fruit

And "Feeling full to the point of bursting"

But............. bread, PB, and fruit are all low-cal and very good for you......

Bread: 2 slices = 130 cal or so
    PB: 1tbsp = 100 cal
    Fruit: All easily under 100 cal

:indifferent:

Im not so much worried about calories as much as I am about carbs. And bread, fruit, and peanut butter are loaded with carbs.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    i quit soda cookies and cakes before MFP or any serious decision to lose weight. since joining MFP, the biggest thing I've given up, not not entirely is sugar. I no longer put it in my coffee :( although, most of the time, unless I'm on the road. Admittedly, i've grown accustom to the taste without sugar, and it's still pretty darn enjoyable. On the same not, I gave up gatorade, and brisk raspberry ice tea, and arizona ice tea, for the most part. I do now drink a lot of water and diet lipton green tea and raspberry flavor. No calories, no sugar, blah blah blah, and most importantly, it still taste great! sugar intake has been my major change.
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    Doritos!!!!!

Those are so addicting to me that I can't even taste them!

i eat em daily:love:
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Bread
    Beer/Alcohol
    Milk
    Candy/Sweets
    Pastries
    Peanut Butter
    Fruit

And "Feeling full to the point of bursting"

But............. bread, PB, and fruit are all low-cal and very good for you......

Bread: 2 slices = 130 cal or so
    PB: 1tbsp = 100 cal
    Fruit: All easily under 100 cal

:indifferent:

Im not so much worried about calories as much as I am about carbs. And bread, fruit, and peanut butter are loaded with carbs.

Not really.....

I had bread 3 times today, and fruit three times... and peanut butter once.... and was under my carb goal.

Besides, carbs are good for you. Especially the ones in whole grains like bread, and in fruit, and in peanut butter. Plus, did you know fiber makes up a lot of the carbs? Fiber is REALLY good.
  • becominglovely86
    Options
    Fast food, soda, most processed snack foods, and I became a pescatarian.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Mac & cheese.
  • shoelover78
    Options
    Doritos!!!!!

Yes, that's why I can't eat them otherwise I would eat them daily, lol!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I gave up eating Pop tarts, although I did have one a few months ago. 1 single pop tart has 200 calories, WOW.

I also gave up eating a whole pan of brownies by myself.

I gave up some of my alcohol but not all. I try to drink only on special occasions.

I gave up my favorite Mexican food restaurant for the most part. I still eat there occasionally but maybe only twice in 4 months. I used to eat there several times a month.

I also gave up eating a half gallon of ice cream by myself over a few days. I still eat ice cream in moderation.

All in all I have not given up anything, I just have less.
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    Doritos!!!!!

Yes, that's why I can't eat them otherwise I would eat them daily, lol!

I will admit, they have been the reason I've gone over my calorie count for the day, but most days I don't go over, and I eat on those days too! Anyway, they might be my last "vise" snack.:blushing:
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't miss any of the foods I quit eating. The only thing I wish I could have is McDonald's breakfast bagels, but my local McDonald's doesn't even sell them anymore.

I gave up hours and hours of television.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    double post
  • tichick
    Options
    Soda
    Mayo
    Salad Dressing

I have not eaten the three for years. I have recently stopped drinking coffee, and have cut back on alcohol (it really piles on the calories).

I do not like depriving my self, I would rather eat in moderation, but some things are just easier to stop cold!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I came into this forum post to say that I didn't give up anything....

then I realised that I probably gave up some of my sanity....

but when I'm really honest with myself, I gave up.....pop, fast food, carbs, drinking too much (except tonight), excess sugars, caffeine, carbonated drinks (other than pop, already listed)...

but it doesn't FEEL like I gave those up....it really doesn't...i don't want those things and I don't crave them in any way....when I do have them I almost always feel really really sick...so it doesn't feel like a sacrifice at all...

but the short answer is, yeah...i totally did give up stuff....

i guess.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    chinese buffet...I miss chinese food but I don't trust myself to go into a chinese restaurant.

I am scared to eat at in buffet... that is a dieter's nightmare.. My kids want to chang mongolian grill and I just keep saying NO...
  • cayman07
    cayman07 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have given up KFC, McD and Bk also less Domino's, I am not sure I enjoyed them that much and now make different choices, though some are not as quick to get but so be it. I suspect I'd still have a Zinger or McD breakie in the future just not as regularly and part of a calorie controlled diet.
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    I added a ton of salad to my meals
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Fast food McDonald's burger king KFC fish and chips chocolate cake fizzy drinks sweets most fats. Soaps dramas a sitting on my *kitten*
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    chinese buffet...I miss chinese food but I don't trust myself to go into a chinese restaurant.

I am scared to eat at in buffet... that is a dieter's nightmare.. My kids want to chang mongolian grill and I just keep saying NO...

I wonder what the chinese restaurant owners would think if I just walked in there with my kitchen scale... Excuse me. I need to weigh this General Tso's right here.
  • niktherip
    niktherip Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Kandi I can say I miss spare ribs in syrup nom