What is the one thing you gave up to lose weight (if any)?

Options

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    My denial was the thing I gave up. I stopped denying that I was making myself larger than I wanted to be. After that realization came the one where I realized I can change that.
  • harrietlg
    Options
    sweets, sugary drinks, pizza, takeaways. I'll have it as a treat every once in a while but it doesn't make me feel good
  • cheexy85
    cheexy85 Posts: 119
    Options
    chinese buffet...I miss chinese food but I don't trust myself to go into a chinese restaurant.

I am scared to eat at in buffet... that is a dieter's nightmare.. My kids want to chang mongolian grill and I just keep saying NO...

I wonder what the chinese restaurant owners would think if I just walked in there with my kitchen scale... Excuse me. I need to weigh this General Tso's right here.
    Hahahahahaha
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, junk food, almost all meat. BAKED GOODS! some days i dream about red velvet cake. no lie. it's pathetic. :sad:

Same here!

Plus coffee with creamer and sugar... :noway: :cry: :sad:
  • fragrantair
    Options
    Boba drinks, I can't even have them in moderation because alot of shops don't list the calories for them. I imagine it's a lot of calories..ahh but I love it :c
  • Panna9406
    Panna9406 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really haven't given up anything, I just replaced them:)
    Like sweets with fruits, pasta with rice and so on.
    I think if you replace some unhealthy food with healthier ones it's much more easier:)
    If you are hungry, you just eat something healthier instead of junk food. This really works;)
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    McDonalds. I actually had a chicken sandwich from there last week in a pinch because I was starving and it was the only place in this little town I was in. For the most part though I never go there anymore but a year ago is was 1-2 times per day every day.
  • AshleighPhilp1
    Options
    Dominos pizza :(
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Regular soda is the big thing, besides that cupcakes. Which I hard when you bake for parties all the time.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Fizzy drinks (Especially Dr Pepper) and takeaways, replaced with water and homemade meals :smile:
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I gave up lying to myself. I decided to get honest about what and why I was really eating. I gave up this love relationship I have with food and reframed it as one of sustenance and fuel.

I have also given up:

fried foods
    chips
    sweets

For now.
    me too!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    As far as what I eat, nothing, really. I just gave up eating whatever I want, whenever I want.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Fast food in general.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola. Was drinking 3-4 per day. Switched to Diet Coke or Coke Zero. I have done it before. Started allowing myself one a week, then began drinking them more frequently and gained everything back plus some, so think I'm done with them, but we'll see. Don't like that I drink the artificial sweeteners, so am down to only one diet drink a day. Hope to give them up by the first of the year, or at least only have one every once in a while instead of daily.

Also gave up bread for the most part, but since I've reached my goal, I'm allowing myself some bread now. Just trying not to overdo. I could eat it all day long if I let myself.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Mexican restaurants, edited to add, chinese restaurants too.
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    rice
    red meat
    never liked soda anyway
    chinese/mexican restaurant
    greasy food
    fast food
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    - Alcohol - calories + i binge heaps when I'm drunk
    - Refined sugar (can NEVER stop at one)
    - Refined carbs
    - Fries
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Soda pop is really the only thing I gave up. Otherwise, I eat anything I want so long as it fits into my day.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    nothing.. I still eat everything I used to in moderation.
    same here...haven't really given up anything. But hardly ever have pop...unless it's a mixer for my rum or jack :) calmed down on my coffee intake (and the sugar an cream that comes with it). People at work laugh at me cause I still eat Krispy cream donuts too lol.....just not the whole box....and only about once a week, on a work outv day
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    nothing.. I still eat everything I used to in moderation.