Do big boobs make you look fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm going with yes. I have always thought big boobs make most people look fat even if these women were not actually overweight. If you are good at accentuating your waist then probably not. But it seems all of the larger chested women I know (even the ones with tiny waists) were afraid to show off their beautiful figures--thus the appearance of being bigger. I don't like my boobs to be big because that is the first place I gain, so I know if they get larger I actually AM getting fat. :)

ETA: and since it seems people are adding their personal preferences mine is the A cup ballerina look (I don't have this BTW). I don't want to offend anyone this is just my personal preference but I don't like the look of big boobs they appear unkempt to me. I like the look of small chested women they just seem more sophisticated and cultured to me. I'd rather see someone a tad under weight than overweight and a big chest might just tip the scales for me. I realize I am subscribing to a stereotype (small boobs= educated) but I am just adding my opinion and being straight up honest.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I feel like with a bigger chest (which didn't even go down after losing 50lbs) I still look BIG because of them and might always look big regardless of how much more I lose. I would like to lose another 10-15lbs but dont know if that will even help. Any opinions?

ETA - I seen a picture of someone on here with the exact same height and weight as me, but smaller breasts and she looked alot thinner, which is odd because you'd think if I carry so much fat in the girls, my waist and hips would appear to be smaller....

OP, if that's you in the picture, you do *NOT* look "big." NOT AT ALL!

You have a nice figure.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sweetie - I hate to tell you this, but if you are busty - you just can't wear VS bras. They are "vanity sized" and I've found that their fittings are sub par. Even if you have travel a ways, please go to a speciality bra shop or Nordstroms to get fitted. Bras will be more expensive, but trust me, they are WORTH it!! And get refitted every 6 months just to make sure your size hasn't changed and try every bra you buy on. Bras fit differently, boobs are shaped differently - some will just not work others you'll want two of!

ditto this ^ unless you've got implants that stand up on their own, VS bras won't work. I get fitted at Nordy's and pay a grip for my bras, but .... you do what you gotta do. i hate my big boobs bc of the exact reason you posted this thread. :(

I disagree to a point! You can get bras a VS, but no not if you are above a DD. I have TONS of bras from VS for my DDs and they are amazing! I'm not saying it's for everyone, but they do work....well maybe it works for those that like their big boobs. lol. I dont know. But they do have full coverage ones that I like!

Actually a DD at VS is like a C in other bras. So, really, you can't be over a C cup. They vanity size.
    Not true... might be in some models, but not in general.

I actually have three DD cups from VS and four C cups from Kmart. They are *NOT* the same size at all.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It's what it is.

Besides, thinner or better?

Finally, NO. But get a good bra. It makes a huge difference whether you look sexy or dumpy

(DDD).
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I also think that they are making me look bigger. Althought I have seen girls in which that didin't happen, so I guess it's a thing of body type and boobs type.
    Me, for example, I have boobs that are a little oriented on the sides, if they are big and centered, they won't make a woman look that big.

Besides just looks, my big boobs `force` me to buy some blouses and tops in a bigger size; even dresses. They fit me bellow, but they don't fit me above.

I truly hope that throught weight loss I will losse my DD in favor of a full C.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not! They make you look curvy! Be proud of you boobies! =)
  • PrettyGirlPayton
    PrettyGirlPayton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. What may look nice on me may not look as nice on somebody else,vice versa. Big breasts don't make you look bigger to me. Just full. Not being mean but women with big but saggy boobs is sloppy. But to answer your question:It depends on the person! I am glad mine are big,perky,and not saggy! I am blessed. :)
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the answers but I have a few ideas I would like to share. You stated that someone the same weight looked smaller than you. This could be body composition. For my weight I almost always look smaller than other girls my height with the same weight and I wear a 32DDD bra so my boobs aren't affecting that any.

The other thought is perhaps you aren't wearing a properly fitted bra in a style that flatters you. Get professionally measured (NOT at VS or Fredericks) and try on several styles/brands of bras until you find something that flatters you. Different bras give me different looks. If your bra isn't fitting you right then it can add weight and size to your frame.

Good luck :)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Not fat, but curvy.

I'm 133lbs, a UK size 12 (but can fit into a 10) and 34F!! Last time I lost weight, my boobs went down...this time, they've barely shrunk. In pics of my head and shoulders, I can look bigger but I know I'm not fat. Honestly, I think if I had smaller boobs, I probably would look smaller generally...BUT...I love my boobs. I'm curvy...I have boobs and a bum. Embrace it!

Just buy I really good bra (the ONLY brand is wear is Freya); they're wonderful! LOVE YOUR BOOBS/CURVES!! Make the most of them. People pay good money for larger breasts; flaunt what you have naturally. :love:
  • Sirius_Amadeus
    Options
    I have been buying bras through Lane Bryant (their line is called Cacique) for a while now, and their bras are ah-mazing! I'm a 38DDD, and I went through absolute HELL in high school with my boobs; my adoptive mother refused to buy me anything larger than a C, even after I had more than passed that size.
    A far as dressing to fit my chest goes, I've found that as I age (I'm 35), my *kitten* and hips want to get flabby, while my chest resists any and all downsizing. Right now, I'm in a 12/14, where I used to be an 8/10, and it's frustrating. I don't accept my body the same way at this size as I did when I was smaller.

I'm just wondering if being at all "plus sized" makes one look trashy, i.e. like you come from a poor background.
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    to everyone that thinks they have the right bra size I would implore then to actually measure their rib cage in inches (right under the boobs, pull the tape measure quite tight!!). Round that measurement to the closest even number and see if it matches the band size you are wearing.

if it doesn't then you aint wearing the right bra and I dont care if victoria secret measured you because they are trying to sell bras and if you fall into a cup size they dont sell, they will fudge the numbers to get your boobs in a cup.

This resource got me into a bra that fit

http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits/comments/rh26h/is_getting_fitted_for_a_bra_as_humiliating_as_it/c469bi0