Spring Challenge

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Every night I bring dinner to work so I'm not tempted to at my restaurant's food...and tonight I was just too busy to eat. So I came home, stashed away my dinner for tomorrow, and I'm emjpying a cold beer, with some pretzels and low-fat sour cream, and it's all accounted for.

Ohhhh, it's the small things in life that make me happy. :drinker: :drinker:

With the way I mistyped "enjoying" into saying "emjpying", you'd think I had more than one beer! :laugh: :drinker:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Every night I bring dinner to work so I'm not tempted to at my restaurant's food...and tonight I was just too busy to eat. So I came home, stashed away my dinner for tomorrow, and I'm emjpying a cold beer, with some pretzels and low-fat sour cream, and it's all accounted for.

Ohhhh, it's the small things in life that make me happy. :drinker: :drinker:

With the way I mistyped "enjoying" into saying "emjpying", you'd think I had more than one beer! :laugh: :drinker:

It's even funnier to me that I didn't even notice!! :laugh: I absolutely read enjoying - not emjpying. Wow - that's hard to type :bigsmile:
  • toots99
    So I'm down 2 more lbs today, to make an even 50. I think that may be a fluke, since the scale originally said 190, then 188...but I'll take it!

If I am good all weekend, I'll get to have "Chinese Food Sunday", my reward for being really good. I love Chinese food.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    That is awesome. I am proud of you.
  • MTGirl
    So I'm down 2 more lbs today, to make an even 50. I think that may be a fluke, since the scale originally said 190, then 188...but I'll take it!

If I am good all weekend, I'll get to have "Chinese Food Sunday", my reward for being really good. I love Chinese food.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Woohoo!! Way to go :drinker: Enjoy your reward!

Today is my anniversary. Date night :love: Gonna enjoy it!
  • toots99
    I will let you know when I get it how I like it. I went with the ft60 because I want the foot pod because of the c25k.

Did you get it? How do you like it?

And Happy Anniversart, MTGirl! :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    Well, I guess I won't be having Chinese Food Sunday...A) my boss told me I've gotta work, and B) I kinda went hog wild yesterday! :explode:

Ohhhh it hurts to face the music and log the bad stuff you ate. But I did it...the good the bad and the ugly. And when I do log the bad stuff, I think "Wow, it's no wonder I got so fat!" Even though I ate well for the first half of the day, and burned 1,000 calories...I still ate about a total of about 4700 calories! :noway: Now, I think of doing that for years, never exercising, and never watching what I eat. A total eye opener!
  • MTGirl
    Hi guys! Sunday - last week of the Spring Challenge! Oh my.:huh: Where did the time go?? This challenge officially ends next Saturday - the first day of Spring! So glad spring is on the way - weather is really nice here right now.

Got the Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor for anniversary - yippee!! Tried it on, adjusted the strap and checked it out. Just watching tv I burned 13.5 calories in 7 minutes - or about 104 per hour. Wow! Will use it for my workout tomorrow.

So, due to anniversary my weight is UP. A lot :laugh: Thurs I weighed in at 217.4 again, so I will check Wed and then next Sat a.m. for the final weigh in - don't harbor any delusions that I will make my goal though. 7.4 lbs in 1 week isn't in the cards for me I don't think!

So how is everyone doing on their goals??

Also - help me think up a new name for another challenge after this week - or a group name for a thread we can continue on. I guess we could keep on this thread until summer - just add a new challenge ending the first day of summer? Let me know what you think! :heart: you guys!!
  • toots99
    Good luck with your heart rate monitor!

Oh i was bad this weekend...bad bad bad! :laugh:

Anyway, it's Monday...back to the good work.

I think we should call the new challenge out "Summer Challenge"! SImple. :flowerforyou:
  • JennSchn
    JennSchn Posts: 65
    I didn't get my hrm yet. A store ordered it for me then they are mailing it to me.
    My weight went to an all time low on thursday and boy I was happy and shocked and knew it was just one of those dips but I am still sad that it did go back up. UGH I wish just once it would stay there and keep dropping. Anyway I am back at it today.
    Umm new thread name. I don't know I am not that creative and I would be happy with anything.
    Happy aniv MTGirl and congrats with the new hrm.
  • MTGirl
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the good wished - anniversary was delightful.

I think Summer Challenge will be a great name. We'll start a new thread probably Sun. I'm going to do some experimenting. I'm STUCK! I also think I'm only going to weigh every 2 weeks or even once a month. Yeah - right. Who am I kidding! I'll probably spot check here and there, but I'm losing momentum quickly with this stall out. I read Banks "expectations" post Friday, after recommending someone else to read it, and I am def. in stage 2 and feel like I'm flailing a little. But that's o.k. Because this isn't a race and I will figure it out. I'm fighting to not fall off now, this happens frequently with me and is why I started this thread and the C25k one. Hopefully you guys will keep me coming around and on track :flowerforyou: So be thinking about what you want your goals to be for the new Summer Challenge! It will go from March 21 - June 21. See ya'll around!
  • MTGirl
    How ya'll doing today?? Good I hope. Did W3D1 of couch 2 5K yesterday with my HRM. Loved it!! It's so cool - you can see your heart rate all the time and it does a great job tracking calories burned. It was really cool! I don't know if it's necessary - but it sure is fun!
  • mbalford
    mbalford Posts: 34 Member
    I have been very busy with activities this weekend and so haven't checked in. I'm still officially discouraged about my weight. I checked it last Thursday morning (it had been a week since I last checked in) and my weight was up 1.2 pounds. I have been exercising between 1800 and 2400 calories each day (this is over and above the amount you spend just "living"). I end up with a calorie surplus each day. I went to the doctor yesterday to make sure there isn't a physiological reason why my weight isn't going down (it's been within 1 or 2 pounds of where I started 3 months ago!!! ) and she said to eat less. Not very helpful! I'm going to see what it would cost to see a dietician or nutritionist or something. I'm determined to make this stupid thing work! I am so tired of wearing "fat" clothes.

I did make a good decision last night. I had a very negataively emotional encounter with my middle son. I left home and went for a drive, straight to DQ. Here's the good decision part - I didn't go in! I sat in my van in the parking lot reading until I felt ready to face him again. I was REALLY tempted to go in, but I didn't. Yeah me!
  • toots99
    Maybe you're exercising too much...maybe take a break, scale it back. You didn't gain everything overnight, so you won't lose it right away either.

But congrats on not giving in to temptation!!
  • mbalford
    Maybe you're exercising too much...maybe take a break, scale it back. You didn't gain everything overnight, so you won't lose it right away either.

But congrats on not giving in to temptation!!

I did it...I decided to cut back on going to othe gym (although I must say I really do enjoy going) and I contacted a nutritionist. Hopefully, between the 2 things, my weight will start to cooperate!
  • mbalford
    Praise God! I weighed in this morning and lost 4 pounds! Woohoo! :laugh:
  • toots99

That's so awesome! Nothing gets you more motivated than seeing results!
  • toots99
    Uggh, I overdid it the last few days...too much St. Patrick's Day fun!

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • MTGirl

WooHoo!! Way to go! Patience pays off.

Last day of Winter!! The old man is giving it another go here, snowing and cool today. But spring is coming :flowerforyou:

Spring Challenge ends tomorrow.
  • MTGirl
    O.K. - First day of Spring!!! We made it - and I think we're all still here. Good job guys :drinker: How did you do on your goals?? :sick: I'll have to double check, but I think that I'm right where I started off today :laugh: I should know better. Everytime I set a number goal (lose x amount by this date) I don't lose a thing or gain. So my goals for the summer challenge are going to be different. I'll post the link to the new thread when I create it.

SW: 219.6
    CW: 219.6
    GW: 210

That was where I started and today I weighed in at 219.8. Nice! Update how you did and Mon or so I'll start the new thread and come back here and post the link! Happy Spring everyone.
This discussion has been closed.